Yikes! Refresher Needed For Planning.

RCMommy

DIS Veteran
Needless to say, since our last visit a lot has changed. I have been trying to read up on said changes and gather info to help with an upcoming visit the third week in January. I am confused or unable to find a definitive answer (if one exists) and for the first time ever, I feel super intimidated trying to navigate this visit to WDW. Hopefully, some of you can help:

• I understand its the 50th celebration (mainly why we want to return) and that not all resort rooms may be open for January bookings now, but not a single value resort room (with the exception of a few suites at AOA) are available. I have switched around dates, with a package, without, with the offer showing for the dates we are visiting and without. All parks are showing reservations available so I would think it is not completely packed. Is there really no value rooms? Even the moderates are slim pickings. I think I saw CBR offered once.
  • Is resort parking no longer free for guests? What about an AP holder, do they get free parking if they are staying at a resort. (one of us is a Florida resident and has an AP but the rest of us are not)
  • Is there a transportation option that will replace ME that seems to be the popular choice among future visitors? Mears?
  • Are there going to be any magical hours for resort guests by our week in January? I think I read it will be for Deluxe guests only? Come January, what perks are going to be left for resort guests beside using transportation to parks?
I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Needless to say, since our last visit a lot has changed. I have been trying to read up on said changes and gather info to help with an upcoming visit the third week in January. I am confused or unable to find a definitive answer (if one exists) and for the first time ever, I feel super intimidated trying to navigate this visit to WDW. Hopefully, some of you can help:

• I understand its the 50th celebration (mainly why we want to return) and that not all resort rooms may be open for January bookings now, but not a single value resort room (with the exception of a few suites at AOA) are available. I have switched around dates, with a package, without, with the offer showing for the dates we are visiting and without. All parks are showing reservations available so I would think it is not completely packed. Is there really no value rooms? Even the moderates are slim pickings. I think I saw CBR offered once.
  • Is resort parking no longer free for guests? What about an AP holder, do they get free parking if they are staying at a resort. (one of us is a Florida resident and has an AP but the rest of us are not)
  • Is there a transportation option that will replace ME that seems to be the popular choice among future visitors? Mears?
  • Are there going to be any magical hours for resort guests by our week in January? I think I read it will be for Deluxe guests only? Come January, what perks are going to be left for resort guests beside using transportation to parks?
I appreciate the help. Thank you.
I can’t answer all your questions but I may be able to help a little.
1) One of the All Stars is still closed, so not all value rooms are available. The Monday of your week is MLK Day, so likely more demand than the week before or after.
2) Resort guests do have to pay for parking at their resort hotel, but not at the parks. The overnight resort parking varies by value-mod-deluxe resort level, maybe $20/$25/$30 or $25/$30/$35 per night, I’m not sure.
3) I don’t think any one airport transport method is a clear winner yet. Mears Connect, at $32/person RT, is attractive to many, but so many factors such as need for car seats, desire for quick departure vs. waiting in line, grocery stop, etc. influence choices that I think most are evaluating the options in view of their own needs and wants.
4) All resort guests are eligible for the 30 minute early entry to all parks every day, and that seems to be valuable and helpful, as is being able to book Genie+ LL and ILL$ at 7 AM instead of waiting for park opening. Currently the evening extra hours are limited to deluxe guests, on Mondays at Epcot and Wednesdays at MK, and whether that will change by January is anyone’s guess.

Hopefully others will come soon to augment this information! Have a good trip!

If you have not been there for awhile, there are a few things to be aware of (sorry if you already know this). You'll need to make a reservation to enter one of the parks - you can't just show up one morning to go into the MK anymore. You need to go online and get a reservation (and you need to purchase your park tickets prior to making the park reservations). If you have park hopper tickets, you can hop to the 'other' 3 parks after 2PM, as long as none of the parks have reached capacity (which is very unlikely). Dining reservations are now 60 days out, so you'll be getting close to that, if you plan to dine at any WDW restaurants. And you'll want to read up on Genie, Genie+ (essentially a replacement for FP and FP+), and Individual Lightning Lane purchase options if you plan to try many of the popular attractions at the theme parks.

Welcome to Disney World 2022!

I can’t answer all your questions but I may be able to help a little.
1) One of the All Stars is still closed, so not all value rooms are available. The Monday of your week is MLK Day, so likely more demand than the week before or after.
2) Resort guests do have to pay for parking at their resort hotel, but not at the parks. The overnight resort parking varies by value-mod-deluxe resort level, maybe $20/$25/$30 or $25/$30/$35 per night, I’m not sure.
3) I don’t think any one airport transport method is a clear winner yet. Mears Connect, at $32/person RT, is attractive to many, but so many factors such as need for car seats, desire for quick departure vs. waiting in line, grocery stop, etc. influence choices that I think most are evaluating the options in view of their own needs and wants.
4) All resort guests are eligible for the 30 minute early entry to all parks every day, and that seems to be valuable and helpful, as is being able to book Genie+ LL and ILL$ at 7 AM instead of waiting for park opening. Currently the evening extra hours are limited to deluxe guests, on Mondays at Epcot and Wednesdays at MK, and whether that will change by January is anyone’s guess.

Hopefully others will come soon to augment this information! Have a good trip!
The end of ME is a serious bummer. I know I’m not alone with that thought.

The 30m early entry is new to me and beneficial to know. Thank you.

If you have not been there for awhile, there are a few things to be aware of (sorry if you already know this). You'll need to make a reservation to enter one of the parks - you can't just show up one morning to go into the MK anymore. You need to go online and get a reservation (and you need to purchase your park tickets prior to making the park reservations). If you have park hopper tickets, you can hop to the 'other' 3 parks after 2PM, as long as none of the parks have reached capacity (which is very unlikely). Dining reservations are now 60 days out, so you'll be getting close to that, if you plan to dine at any WDW restaurants. And you'll want to read up on Genie, Genie+ (essentially a replacement for FP and FP+), and Individual Lightning Lane purchase options if you plan to try many of the popular attractions at the theme parks.

Welcome to Disney World 2022!
Yes! I know about reservations for the parks. Did not realize 60 days is the new for ADRs. I need to get moving on that.

While I won’t pretend to understand the ins and outs of Genie+, I’m getting there. I feel like that’s the least of my worry, at least for now.

Regarding the value resorts, in browsing another thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/values-booked-keep-trying.3858134/post-63505563) it looks like there's a cheerleading competition being hosted at the available All Star Resorts, which is like the reason for the lack of availability.

Regarding the value resorts, in browsing another thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/values-booked-keep-trying.3858134/post-63505563) it looks like there's a cheerleading competition being hosted at the available All Star Resorts, which is like the reason for the lack of availability.

I am not sure why I was saying the third week in January but our actual dates are the Jan 22-29. So that eliminates MLK day, but will the cheerleaders still be there?

I do see from that thread and others to just keep looking and you just never know so that is my plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter