• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yikes! Never been in June!

turkeymama

DIS Veteran
Okay, I know this has been discussed (probably at great lengths) all over the board. Yes, I am going to ask for myself, as well as look at other threads.

Having said that, my family and I have gone to Disney in October and December only. We haven't been at all since 2008, and we are in the initial planning stages for a trip this year. I just started teaching in December, and I really am not in a position that I can take leave just yet. In other words, I can't go to Disney until school is out. When I first thought about June, I convinced myself it would be fine. Now I'm really getting into panic mode.

I know it will be substantially warmer than the fall. We are from Louisiana. We're acclimated. Its fine. The potential crowds concern me much more. Please reassure me that the first week of June isn't that bad. Its possible that we may have to switch to the week of May 27 due to my college schedule. That concerns me due to Memorial Day holiday.

So, how bad is the week of Memorial Day? Or how bad would the first week of June typically be? Please reassure me that we'll be fine.

Been there several times on Memorial Day week and it is not to bad. Memorial day can be but the week after is easier than you would think.

:wave2: Fellow Louisianian here! We often go the last week of May or first couple weeks of June because of school schedules. Memorial Day weekend is pretty crowded but by Wednesday the crowds died down to a very manageable level. It was way more crowded when we went the second week of March in 2010! The crowds in June don't really pick up until mid June when more schools dismiss for the summer.

:wave2: Fellow Louisianian here! We often go the last week of May or first couple weeks of June because of school schedules. Memorial Day weekend is pretty crowded but by Wednesday the crowds died down to a very manageable level. It was way more crowded when we went the second week of March in 2010! The crowds in June don't really pick up until mid June when more schools dismiss for the summer.

Holy cow! I'm from Monroe too! :cool2:

I'm glad you told me that about March. I was really starting to consider pulling the kids out when I get out for Spring Break. My Spring Break schedule overlaps with Easter though. I know that will be a busy week. Okay, so I feel much better now. Thanks.

Last year we arrived on the Friday before Memorial Day and stayed 10 days.
It was fabulous! Weather was perfect (90's, sunny..very little rain and the humidity was not bad at all) - crowds were manageable...we avoided DHS on the weekends ( we are not Star Wars fans) and MK on Memorial Day-
We loved it so much we are heading back this year for the same week.:)

Last year we arrived on the Friday before Memorial Day and stayed 10 days.
It was fabulous! Weather was perfect (90's, sunny..very little rain and the humidity was not bad at all) - crowds were manageable...we avoided DHS on the weekends ( we are not Star Wars fans) and MK on Memorial Day-
We loved it so much we are heading back this year for the same week.:)

We had the same experience. We really loved going the last part of May and into early June. We did not notice the crowds picking up until the later part of the first week of June. I would love to go back at that time again.

For crowds, if you are willing to get to the parks ar rope drop, follow a touring plan, and use FastPasses, you will be fine. I've only stood in line more than 20 minutes 3 times in the 4 total trips I've taken in June or July. And we've never waited more than 35 minutes.

First week of June should have moderate crowds -it usually doesn't pick up until mid-late June when most all of the schools are out.

I like the summer months due to longer park hours. Being from LA, soundsl like you will be fine weather wise. If you are early risers, you know to hit the parks early, EMH if staying onsite etc. We are not, so evening EMH works for us and I love being in the parks late at night.

Easter is very busy.

Another fellow Louisiana native! (We're just north of New Orleans in St Tammany Parish)

We've been several times in early June, and we'll be back for two weeks starting Memorial Day week! Crowds really aren't bad. As you've said, being from Louisiana, you're already used to the heat! We always try to take a mid day break and head back to the hotel for some pool time.

It's a great time to visit Disney! Where are yall staying? We're doing a split stay at Pop Century and Beach Club! Maybe we'll see ya around! Have a great trip!!!

We were at Disney June 2-June11 of 2010...and it was our first June trip. It was not as bad as I envisioned. We were at the parks at rope drop and collected fastpasses to use later in the day. We took a mid day break each day to swim or sleep. The humidity was pretty bad a few of our days, but the heat was not as bad as I thought it would be. You will have Gay Days and Star Wars Weekends around that time, so plan accordingly for crowds. I like to use Tour Guide Mike to decide which park to go to on which day. There is a cost for TGM, but www.easywdw.com is a free site that can also give you best park information as well as lots of other information.

We are looking at arriving on June 3. I believe that is the last day of Gay Days, and I think the park for the day is Epcot. We normally do Studios or Epcot on day of arrival. Considering the sizes of the parks, I think Epcot would be a better bet for crowds. We definitely do rope drop, and I've already accepted that we will have to take midday breaks because of the temps. That should make it easier for us to stay in the parks later at night.

I haven't settled on a resort yet. The kids want to stay at Pop, husband wouldn't mind going back to CBR (and is adamantly opposed to Pop), and I really don't care. I wouldn't mind the Swan or Dolphin, but only if I can get the teacher's rate. The dates I want seem to be booked up. I've checked the website and I've called. I keep telling myself I'll try something different this time, but the reality is, we'll probably stay at CBR. We like it, the pool is great, bus service has been good for us there, and hubby likes the covered bus waiting areas. Wilderness Lodge would be nice, but I hate parting with the extra money. Either way, I'm determined to book by Saturday, so we'll have to decide sooner rather than later. And in the end, it really doesn't matter. I'll still be going to DISNEY!!! :banana:

I'm getting excited! Can you tell?

Went in 2nd week of June 2010 and the crowds were ok nothing to big

Quick Question what are the crowds like around 9th September are the US school still on summer break or have the kids gone back

We went June 11-18 of 2007. I will never go over summer again. I'm sure it wasn't as crowded as a holiday weekend and I may be spoiled because all of my trips before have been in October or November, but I stay away. Its definitely doable as long as you prepare mentally for heat, humidity, and long waits.

I went in June a couple of years ago and it was surprisingly normal. I did not find it overcrowded. We always use the fastpass system and single rider lines if we really want to go on something. There are so many places to just chill out in to rest or to take in the crowds and watch. I think the heat bothered me the most, but it was the same as September heat to me.

You have no reason to be nervous, just be happy you will be in the world and enjoy!:cool1:

I went in June 2010, and it was totally bearable crowd-wise. Keep in mind, most schools don't let out until mid-June, so the parks aren't that crowded!

I could be wrong but thought Gay days was the 1st full week of June so it wouldn't start until around June 3rd? We havent booked our trip yet but planned on going May 24th-June 2nd and thought we would miss most if not all of it?

We've been in the first half of June several times... As others have said, get there early, hit the stuff that develops long lines quickly, use FP, and you'll be fine. We get their early, do all we can, and then bug out if things get too packed after lunch. However, if your family likes to sleep in and take their time in the mornings, then it's going to be more of an issue.

We went the first full week of June 2010 & I didn't think the crowds were bad. You will be used to the heat & humidity, but have drinking water handy & take breaks just in case!

We usually go in late May/early June. We don't find the crowds to be too bad at all. It's going to be busier than October, but it isn't too bad. I would just make sure to get up early and be at the parks right when they open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter