YIKES! Just got the electric bill for July

If you lived in NY your bill would probably be twice as much. That is not a large spike considering you added an A/C. The humidity has been thru the roof this year, which makes them work even harder. IMHO you don't have a problem.

I just got my electric bill, it's $335.00 for a 1,206 sq. ft. apartment. :eek:

I even had maintenance come and put in freon around the 1st of July. I've been at the same place for 5 years and this is the highest I've ever seen it. It's also hotter here in Texas then the last couple of years.

WebmasterKathy said:
Are y'all SERIOUS??? Over $100 is a bad electric bill???

In the summertime, I'm excited if the electric bill comes in at under $450! $500 isn't a shocker (but it does encourage me to bump the thermostat up a couple of clicks... :rolleyes1 )

Wow, I really didn't know there were places where the utility cost was this low. The things you learn on the DIS! :teeth:

I dont think any of them live here in Texas, lol. Ours was $470 last month. I do not want to see this month :faint:

I'm ready to move to a state where everything else is cheaper!!!![/QUOTE]

Is there really such a place? :confused3

Jakesmom504 said:
Yeah but your in Texas so what are your heating bills like? What we may not pay in electric we MORE than make up for it in gas. Not to mention NJ has the highest car insurance in the country and our taxes are astronomical! Trust me we make up for it in other places! I'm ready to move to a state where everything else is cheaper!!!!

Heating bill? What's that? :rotfl:

Good point.. our winters are very mild, and we enjoy those $100 electric bills (well, more than $100, but not painfully high) then when you're getting gouged for heating fuel.

Yep, $425.00 here (I live down the road from WM Kathy). Winters are definitely pretty mild so we make it up there.

WebmasterKathy said:
Heating bill? What's that? :rotfl:

Good point.. our winters are very mild, and we enjoy those $100 electric bills (well, more than $100, but not painfully high) then when you're getting gouged for heating fuel.

I don't think I could take the heat of Texas, I'm DYING here with a 104 degree heat index!!! :rotfl: I am even trying to convince my family to go to WDW in December, they want to go in July, ahhhhh, NOOOOO! :faint:

Oh my god I was freaking out about $113.00 it is usually $85.00 but with the pool pump and cooling I guess I got off easy looking at what the rest of your are paying. :earseek:

Jakesmom504 said:
I don't think I could take the heat of Texas, I'm DYING here with a 104 degree heat index!!! :rotfl: I am even trying to convince my family to go to WDW in December, they want to go in July, ahhhhh, NOOOOO! :faint:
Well I don't know if this will make you feel any better but a heat index of 104 is hot here too. Last year we had only 1 over 100 degree day and this year has probably been a "normal" year and we might end up w/ 5-10 100+ days.
Not too much humidity here either. Personall, I don't start feeling HOT until it is at least 100.

Our bill for last month was $470. During the winter months it goes down to around $220. I would rather pay a Wisconsin gas bill in winter then this.

Our bill is routinely in the $300 range. The only time it gets lower is in the spring and fall. Our electricity bill does not include water and sewer though.

I just paid mine today 367.00. We just added a second zone for upstairs, so I actually didn't think it was too bad. I still haven't seen the water bill yet :eek:

Shew got my bill (well looked online) and it was $178. What blows me away is the delivery charge was almost 1/2 of the bill :( I just do not understand that...

Lachesis00 said:
I haven't gotten my bill this month.... I'm crossing my fingers. I pay ahead or try to! I paid $300... HOPING it will cover it.

Mine is $480.00. Pool, Hot Tub, Central Air. I guess it all adds up. I would still rather pay this than my propane bill for heating in the winter.

I pay $243 a month year round on balanced billing. 3,000 sq feet two story, two a/c's, pool, and three refriderators. Keep the temp at about 77. Heating in the winter is gas and never more than about $40 except when we heat the pool for swimming Christmas week.

My DH told me ours was over $600.00 this last month . I KNOW !!! I almost had a hear attack . He said it was because the kids had the air up stairs set on 65 when he webt up there . I say it was running the pool filter 24 hours a day .Our house is not that big it is only 2500 sq ft I dont understand it .

Oh man, I feel for you guys!!! The 1st bill of the summer was for 68.00 and the second (which I need to pay tomorrow!) was only 73.00. We have a 2000 sq ft, 2 story home w/ total electric and keep the air on 71 upstairs and 72 downstairs. We try to be careful w/ leaving lights on, but there is usually at least 1, if not 2 tvs on during the evening and weekends. It is a relativly new home (1 1/2 years old), so I guess it is very well insulated. I was really worried when we got the first bill after it had gotten hot and we had the air on so much, but it wasn't bad at all! It went up in the winter, the most was at Christmas w/ all the decorations, I think it was about 185.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter