Yikes - just booked my first Disney Cruise...

jtlund

Earning My Ears
I'm going through a divorce and just booked my 7 year old and I on the Wonder sailing 10/31/10. I had read on Mousesavers about Cabin 7120 so we booked that cabin. I think I'm going to need a nice warm vacation around October!

Has anyone been on a Halloween cruise? We spent Halloween 08 at Disney World and had a blast. I hope it's the same magic on a cruise! :)

Also, when Mousesavers talks about secret verandah room - does that mean it's actually got a balcony you can sit on? I'm kinda confused but booked it anyway.

Congrats to you! You will so enjoy the cruise. As for doing it around Halloween, you and your child can trick-or-treat at the different locations on the ship and its also open to adults!

Yes you will get a slightly obstructed verandah that you can sit on!
I googled "photos of dcl secret verandah rooms" and a website came up that showed actual photos of your specific rooms varandah! Enjoy!! :thumbsup2

Congrats on booking your 1st cruise. Your 7 year old will love it. We took our DD7 last summer and she can't wait to get back. Would recommend joing the cruise meet and get your 7 year old a friend and do the FE. It is great fun.

The Secret Verandah rooms have a partial obstruction where the ship structurally goes over to all metal. You will have more view than obstruction... and you will LOVE DCL... make sure you order Mickey Bars and Cookies and Milk from room service... :goodvibes

This is your view... (borrowed from another site...)

7120a.jpg

That's my cabin! We stayed in 7120 in 2008 and liked it so much, we've booked it again for our honeymoon this year! Here are a few photos of the room:

Balcony from inside room:
n508819660_726452_4751.jpg

View from balcony:
n508819660_726453_5077.jpg

View:
n508819660_726454_5388.jpg

Room
n508819660_726455_5705.jpg

Balcony space
n508819660_726456_6051.jpg

Door (with magnets!)
n508819660_726457_6382.jpg

The 'living' bit and the balcony
n508819660_734472_3528.jpg

Turndown
n508819660_734485_8014.jpg

Balcony at sunset
n508819660_734487_8726.jpg

You'll have a great time in 7120!!

We went on a Halloween cruise and loved it! Costumes everywhere! They even had a contest with lots of catagories, there were definately a lot of pirates. You will have a blast.

Thank you all so much for your responses. I'm going through the divorce funk (even though I do divorces/family law for a living) - different when it's your own. I really needed something to look forward to and since DS7 and I are HUGE Disney fans, I thought it would be a good first vacation as a single parent and I know DS7 will LOVE it.

How does dining work on DSL - are you assigned the same table every night? If so, do they put you with another family or several? I'm so scared I'm going to be the only single parent onboard. :confused3

Eeyore's Tailfinder - thanks SO much for the pics! That makes it even more real to see the room we've booked! VERY cool! :banana:

DS7 will freak over the towel animals and we'll definitely try the RS treats!

Hugs!
Judi

Dining is really easy...

You will be assigned a table number and you keep that same table but you rotate to 3 dining rooms. Your serving team moves with you. They really get to know you that way.

Breakfast and lunch are served in both the buffets and dining rooms as well as on deck 9 and room service.

hi there - i am also going through a separation and wanted something for me and my 2 boys (3 and 7) to look forward to - that's how i came across this forum adn how i'm almost at the booking stage - it just seems a bit scary to launch myself into it LOL! I would so love to do it though and know my boys would but like you i'm really worried i'd be the only single parent!! Things like that don't usually bother me but for some reason it has this time! Let me know how you get on

Don't worry,there are PLENTY of single parents on board. Disney even has mixers for singles onboard.

Knowing the way Disney arranges dining, they'll possibly even put you at a table with another single parent with a child the same age as yours so you may well have an instant friend.

Best of luck, been there!

Disney is incredible for kids!!!

Don't fear booking. And if you are going to and from the airport - use the DCL transfers - and make sure you book the travel insurance on DCL (you have to click on the box for it...) Make sure you come in the night before. They hyatt at the airport is great to stay at - the busses leave from there right to the port. If you are going from the WDW resort - check to make sure the resort to make sure they pick up DCL guests - like Port Orleans French Quarter (POFQ) is one...

And if you have ANY questions... no matter how silly you may think they are... ask them on the forum... people are VERY nice here.

Thank you all so much for your responses. I'm going through the divorce funk (even though I do divorces/family law for a living) - different when it's your own. I really needed something to look forward to and since DS7 and I are HUGE Disney fans, I thought it would be a good first vacation as a single parent and I know DS7 will LOVE it.

How does dining work on DSL - are you assigned the same table every night? If so, do they put you with another family or several? I'm so scared I'm going to be the only single parent onboard. :confused3

Eeyore's Tailfinder - thanks SO much for the pics! That makes it even more real to see the room we've booked! VERY cool! :banana:

DS7 will freak over the towel animals and we'll definitely try the RS treats!

Hugs!
Judi

I traveled on the wonder this year as a single parent, and I did notice there were a few others. We sat with a great family. They had 3 children and two of them were the same ages as my two. The kids got along well and meals were fun. You will have so much fun. Best wishes with the proceedings. I have been a single mom for 3 years now and I will tell you there are ups and downs, but just keep your head up and focus on your DS. It will keep you going!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter