Yeti's Current Status

...Secondly...who are we to lay out how they can fix it and not shut the ride down? No one knows exactly how the support is tied into everything. I read an article months ago that stated the Yeti is on it's own support seperate from the ride and mountain, but who knows how it's all tied in or what work needs to be done. Or would the ride and vibrations impact the concrete and support work on the Yeti? I don't know and I'd venture no one on here would know either unless they're working on it or have worked on it...

there are certain limitations with any building material. however, steel can be cut out in small pieces at a time and hand carried. that means it can be installed in small pieces by hand as well. Concrete can have admixures so that it sets up more quickly and gains it's 28 day strenght more quickly. concrete also can be mixed in small batches or even pumped in.

while admittedly i am not a structural engineer (but i did stay at a holiday in once), i have had a good amount of exposure to structural steel and concrete in construction.

again, there is no way anyone is going to convince me that it's not possible to fix the yeti and with minimal disruption to daytime guests. on top of it all, AK is a park that closes early so they can easily get a full shift in after hours to work on the yeti.

personally, i don't buy into cost being the driving force behind them not fixing yeti. there has to be some other reason. for the life of me, i can't guess what that would be. i gotta believe they have the anamatronics side of it figured out.

there are certain limitations with any building material. however, steel can be cut out in small pieces at a time and hand carried. that means it can be installed in small pieces by hand as well. Concrete can have admixures so that it sets up more quickly and gains it's 28 day strenght more quickly. concrete also can be mixed in small batches or even pumped in.

while admittedly i am not a structural engineer (but i did stay at a holiday in once), i have had a good amount of exposure to structural steel and concrete in construction.

again, there is no way anyone is going to convince me that it's not possible to fix the yeti and with minimal disruption to daytime guests. on top of it all, AK is a park that closes early so they can easily get a full shift in after hours to work on the yeti.

personally, i don't buy into cost being the driving force behind them not fixing yeti. there has to be some other reason. for the life of me, i can't guess what that would be. i gotta believe they have the anamatronics side of it figured out.

My thought is that they know how much its going to cost and they know how long it will take and they just don't want to shut down the ride for that amount of time.

Too many people here think there is not enough attractions at AK. Shutting one down for XX number of days or months may impact the numbers at the gates.

They could shut down Space Mountain for months because there are other E ticket attractions to take up the slack.

I wonder what kind of feed back Disney is getting as well. If it has hour long waits and very little or no complaints about the Yeti, they may feel that nothing needs to be done. I'd bet that the vast majority of people who ride don't even realize that it is not working properly.

Maybe someone needs to contact Joe Rhodie? :confused3

I wonder what kind of feed back Disney is getting as well. If it has hour long waits and very little or no complaints about the Yeti, they may feel that nothing needs to be done. I'd bet that the vast majority of people who ride don't even realize that it is not working properly.

Maybe someone needs to contact Joe Rhodie? :confused3

I don't think a lot of people know that he ever was in "A" mode :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter