Yeti is Back!!

All the times I have ridden EE, Yeti has been completely dark and barely visible until last December when he was lit up and coming at me. It about scared the you know what out of me, because I completely did not expect it. I'm sure it was "Disco" mode, but if you have only seen him dark and in the shadows before, it makes a BIG difference. I'm sure that is what you and your parents experienced. Based on my past experiences, I would have sworn he was suddenly working too, except I knew that mechanically he probably could not have been.

Agreed. Last week was the first time I've seen Yeti in "disco mode" - he's been dark on all my previous EE rides - and I was surprised, too. It took a second ride later in the morning to confirm that he wasn't moving...if you're not used to seeing him at all, as I was, the strobe effect can be misleading.

At one point I created a Google Yeti Moving calender to track the sightings. It seemed the trend was that he/she was only working Thursdays. We all figured it was a union thing. :lmao:

Awesome!!! Our scheduled AK day is going to be on a Thursday! :woohoo:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Complete speculation on my part, and really has nothing to do with this topic, but I wonder if they would take the time to fix her properly once the new Avatar land is complete. If they are worried about taking away their main draw at Animal Kingdom for 8 months or longer, then having the new Avatar land complete could help soften that blow quite a bit. Again, I have absolutely nothing to base this on, and the point about not spending the money to fix a still very popular ride is completely valid.

If your speculation is true, that won't be for another 5 or 6 years.

Yeti-Deadi-Headline.jpg

EE-Yeti-NoArm.jpg

i came into this topic expecting a new user and wasn't disappointed :rotfl2:

I rode EE on Friday September 30th and it wasn't working. Only in strobe mode. It was however in a lower position but definitely not moving.

I agree, we just got back and the Yeti has been moved to the lower position. The strobe lights just make it look like it is moving. I think Disney has a fan working to move the Yeti's hair also.:surfweb:

This has 0 percent chance of being true.

The yeti has such serious structural damage that it's risky to even work on it at this point.

Ah wait... new user. I see. Nevermind.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 100% agree.

We last rode on 10/2 Yeti was dead-i as ever 3 X that day. Funny thing is twice during our trip when we rode we had others get off swearing to see it move, DH did it one day (being sarcastic of course) and we got lots of curious ears turning our way.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 100% agree.

We last rode on 10/2 Yeti was dead-i as ever 3 X that day. Funny thing is twice during our trip when we rode we had others get off swearing to see it move, DH did it one day (being sarcastic of course) and we got lots of curious ears turning our way.

No movement in late September. Many people still don't even see the Yeti. Of course, it was like that when he/she was moving.

We were there week before last. My nephew thought that it was working, but I can asure you that it is not. The strobe light effect may make you think that it is working, but unfortunately, the Yeti is frozen in time.

Robo... I am highly concerned about the fact that in your photo, the Yeti's arm seems to have detached from its body and come flying towards the ride vehicle! I knew it had structural problems, but I assmued it to be futher down the structure! :rotfl:

Well, if everyone thinks it IS working when it isn't, disney doesn't have much incentive to actually fix it, do they? They will feel the "hair blowing in the fan and strobe light effect" is sufficient enough to fool most guests so why bother spending the time and money to give the guests the REAL experience they originally designed? I wonder how much it bothers some of the people who designed it - to know that feature is a failure. Sigh.

Robo... I am highly concerned about the fact that in your photo, the Yeti's arm seems to have detached from its body and come flying towards the ride vehicle! I knew it had structural problems, but I assmued it to be futher down the structure! :rotfl:

One of the charms of the attraction is that many find the Yeti so disarming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter