Yeti ALIVE or NOT in Sept. - Summary: Post #39

A little old info now, but on Aug 28 DH rode it in the morning and the Yeti did not move, but I rode it in the afternoon and it did.

The girl I rode with said it moved her her each time she rode it (don't know how many times that was).

We were there mid September and I don't think there was any movement. We were going going so fast and it was really dark that I barely even saw the Yeti even though I was looking out for it.

I was there yesterday and there was definitely movement.

We were there in the 16th and ok I know this is funny BUT I could not see the darn thing during the day as it went so darn fast, but during the night as it was EMH in the AK it def moved, all 4 times we were on it................:thumbsup2

I was there last weekend at the Yeti did it's full swipe move...

Is anyone remembering an old episode of Seinfeld while reading these posts?

George Castanza: "I think it moved..."

:lmao:

Bummer.

I'd even go for modified "anything" version at this point. I think the ride loses a lot when Betty isn't an integral part of it. I'd hope they'd at least sort out the lighting situation so you can SEE her at least.

I'll try to remember to post an update when we get down there in about 5 weeks.

Brady,
Did you name the yeti Betty or wasthis someone else's idea?
Thanks for the smile either way.

We were there last week and he was definitely moving! It was awesome to see him instead of that stupid strobe light! We rode a few times in a row! :banana:

Wish I could claim the credit, but I've heard her referred to as "Betty the Yeti" for quite some time. :)

We rode several times in the last 2 weeks. The Yeti was not moving, and was lit from the strobe. I even had DW watching it too, and she agreed.

Betty seems to be a bit finicky.

We were at DAK on Friday 9/18 and DH rode EE three times, DS rode once, all reports were a motionless Yeti. They rode between 9AM and 2PM.

We were at DAK on Friday 9/18 and DH rode EE three times, DS rode once, all reports were a motionless Yeti. They rode between 9AM and 2PM.

All these different reports are cracking me up. We were also there on the 18th and rode 4 times(3 times front row) before 1pm and I could swear it moved. There was a strobe light and we were going so fast, but I specifically looked and thought I saw movement. :lmao:

Rode twice on Wed Sept 16th around 1030 and 11am and there was nothing but Disco Yeti

Here's a summary (as best I could piece together) of this thread.

(Added more info: Oct. 2, 1:55PM EDT)

---------

Aug. 27 -Maybe
Aug. 28 AM -Not Moving
Aug. 28 AM -Not Moving
Aug. 28 PM -Moving
End of Aug. - No Light / No Yeti
First week of Sept. - Arm Moving
Sept. 3 - Not Moving
Sept. 3 - Maybe
Sept. 4 -Not Moving
Sept. 5 -Not Moving
Sept. 6 -Maybe
Sept. 6-12 -Not Moving
Sept. 14 - Not Moving
Sept. 14-18 - Not Moving

Sept. 14-18 - Definitely Moving
Sept. 14-25- Not Moving
Sept. 16- Definitely Moving
Sept. 17- Moving
Sept. 18- Not Moving
Sept. 18- Not Moving
Sept. 18- Moving
Sept. 19-20- Fully Moving
Sept. 20- Moving
Sept. 22- Definitely Moving

Sept. 22- Not Moving
Sept. 23- Not Moving
Sept. 24- Not Moving
Sept. 26- Not Moving
Sept. 26- Not Moving
Sept. 29- Not Moving
Oct. 1- Not Moving

I'll join in.

I don't ride EE - but DD and DS do. They rode 10 times between 9am and 11:30am on August 28 (no crowds that day!)- no movement at all.

I told DD about this prior to riding and so she specifically looked. They rode again Sept 4th - and again nothing.

:confused3

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter