• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another water park question ;) is this a bad idea?

anneboleyn

DIS Veteran
I know that there have been an abundance of questions about the water parks, but I have another one for you :)

So DD9 and I will be going to Blizzard Beach on our HS day. I was thinking we could take our park clothes to change in to and then dry out our bathing suits as much as possible, put them in those big ziploc bags and in to my backpack, and then head straight to the park from there. I already carry deodarant and a hairbrush in my backpack, so I was thinking it would save some time to get dressed and freshened up and head to HS from BB instead of having to go back to the hotel first.

So my question is...is this a horrible idea? lol

I never see anyone talking about going straight to the parks from BB or TL so I wasn't sure if there is some reason that I am not thinking of that would require stopping at the hotel first.

Thanks so much for your help!

I recommend that you take the extra round-trip to the hotel.

Water Park pools, etc. can be very tiring... and a few minutes break/rest may be just the thing.

How are you getting there? Car or bus? Because I don't think you can get to DHS from BB directly by Disney Transport.

How are you getting there? Car or bus? Because I don't think you can get to DHS from BB directly by Disney Transport.

We would be taking the bus. And I wasn't aware that the buses didn't go straight to the parks. If that is the case, then I guess we are going to the hotel first! Thank you for your help!

I recommend that you take the extra round-trip to the hotel.

Water Park pools, etc. can be very tiring... and a few minutes break/rest may be just the thing.

Hmm you may be right. I might be underestimating how tired we might be aftewards. Thank you for your help!!

We would be taking the bus. And I wasn't aware that the buses didn't go straight to the parks. If that is the case, then I guess we are going to the hotel first! Thank you for your help!

Not 100% sure on this, but I believe they recently changed the bus routes to the water parks; to get to blizzard beach you now need to first get to animal kingdom and then get the blizzard beach bus from there. Same goes from a resort - still need to go to AK first.

As for freshening up after the water park without going back to the hotel: haven't been to BB but I personally found the the TL showers to be surprisingly decent and would not hesitate to shower there and then carry on with the rest of my day :) they are all private with a changing cubicle attached to each

Edited to add: found the article I read about the change in bus routes: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-bus-routes-for-walt-disney-world-water-parks/

If you do go directly to Hollywood Studios from the water park- there are single use luggage lockers between the bus stop and the entrance gates. They are extra large and only cost $1.00. When we have gone from BB to HS we stash our ziplock bag of wet clothes there.

Luggage Lockers - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
We've done this before, but we have a car and left our stuff there. We actually liked going from the water parks to KRR in AK with our suits still on under our clothes. We were already wet, so a water ride made little difference (DH would be grumpy for the rest of the day if he had to walk around with his regular clothes wet from a ride, so this was my best chance to ride KRR). I'd give it a try, especially if you're okay with rinsing off really well in the showers in the water park. Maybe schedule a TS at DHS for around the time you plan to arrive to give yourselves a little break and to remind yourselves to hydrate-- it's even easier to get dehydrated at a water park than at the theme parks (you're surrounded by water and can easily forget to drink). Chances are you'll be pretty hungry then, too, as swimming takes a lot of energy.

We are planning to go to dinner from TL! Since the bus takes you to DS anyway I made a reservation for Raglan. Wash my hair, braid, and go!

If you do go directly to Hollywood Studios from the water park- there are luggage lockers between the bus stop and the entrance gates. They are extra large and only cost $1.00. When we have gone from BB to HS we stash our ziplock bag of wet clothes there.

View attachment 183923

Are there lockers like these available outside Animal Kingdom?

Thanks!

The bus will go from Typhoon Lagoon to Disney Springs, then guests deboard there to catch a bus to their resort.

The bus from Blizzard Beach will go to Animal Kingdom, then guests deboard there to catch a bus to their resort or another park.

This new bus system just went into effect this summer. We did it last week for both water parks, on the way back to our resort.

Nothing wrong with going from water parks directly to theme parks if you wish. I recommend getting a nice counter service meal (you won't want to worry about ADR timing in this case) when you arrive at the theme park first thing, so you have some time to rest & build up more energy for further adventures. Either that, or put in some recliner time at the water park before getting ready to go. Have fun!

Last edited:
Are there lockers like these available outside Animal Kingdom?

Thanks!

I don't believe so. :(

I think there are luggage lockers at EPCOT and the TTC at MK as well. Here is the info from my notes, which are a few years old

There are Luggage Lockers at Epcot and at the Ticket and Transportation Center and Hollywood Studios. The Epcot luggage lockers are located behind the bus information booth. The TTC lockers are located next to the bus information booth. At HS, they are on the side of building between the bus stops and the entrance. These are coin operated and require 4 quarters each time they're used. The dimensions are: 23"H x 16"W x 29" Deep.

:goodvibes

The bus will go from Typhoon Lagoon to Disney Springs, then guests deboard there to catch a bus to their resort, so you can just as easily grab a bus at DS to the parks.

The bus from Blizzard Beach will go to Animal Kingdom, then guests deboard there to catch a bus to their resort or another park.

This new bus system just went into effect this summer. We did it last week for both water parks, on the way back to our resort.

Nothing wrong with going from water parks directly to theme parks if you wish. I recommend getting a nice counter service meal (you won't want to worry about ADR timing in this case) when you arrive at the theme park first thing, so you have some time to rest & build up more energy for further adventures. Either that, or put in some recliner time at the water park before getting ready to go. Have fun!

No, you cannot catch a bus to the parks from DS. Only resort buses from DS.

You can get a taxi or uber from TL to DHS. We did this in May. If you have the energy, go for it! My DS8 and I always shower at the water park even if we are going back to the hotel. Grab a bar of soap and a shampoo/conditioner from the room and use it at the water park. Throw your wet suits in a ziplock and you are good to go!

The water parks are our breaks!! We finish off with a couple rounds of the lazy river, shower and head to the bus to the resort closest to the park we are headed to! Always return to the parks cooled off and relaxed!

We went straight from TL to Disney Springs last summer, using an Uber. We carried our damp suits in our backpack; we didn't have to worry about towels because our family had rented chairs, which come with towels. It is easily doable. BUT -- the shower rooms are not air conditioned, and they get REALLY humid. I found it was difficult to stop sweating enough to get to the point where I was OK with putting on my clothes. I highly recommend bringing powder to help keep your skin dry enough just long enough to get dressed.

You guys are so awesome! Thanks so much for your replies. I have decided that we are going to just go straight to the parks afterwards. We will probably take a taxi to HS since that seems to be the most convenient way to go about it.

My one concern is having the bathing suits in the ziploc bags...in the September humidity, I worry about mildew. Has anyone ever had that happen or would the swimsuits have to be in the bags for a long time for that happen?

You guys are so awesome! Thanks so much for your replies. I have decided that we are going to just go straight to the parks afterwards. We will probably take a taxi to HS since that seems to be the most convenient way to go about it.

My one concern is having the bathing suits in the ziploc bags...in the September humidity, I worry about mildew. Has anyone ever had that happen or would the swimsuits have to be in the bags for a long time for that happen?

We often put our swimsuits in Ziploc bags to stick in our carry-ons before we head to the airport to go home. So the bag of wet suits stays wet while we're on the bus, waiting for our plane, on the plane, and then home (where I typically forget that we've put them in bags, so they sit overnight). Never had a problem with mildew in those situations. I have discovered wet suits in the back of my car days or more after an outing and those were in bad shape. I think you'll be fine for the amount of time you will have them in bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter