Yet *another* stroller question

rt2dz

DIS Veteran
OK, so now I'm looking for a simple stroller for DS#3. He's 6 years old, of average height, and very thing. He's also autistic. I just need something for those times that he needs space.

I'm looking for something that will fold up into the umbrella, provide a higher weight limit (Maclaren?), and attach to DS#4's stroller (a much adored Valco Ion) with bungee cords. I need no thrills (basket, cup holders, recline, etc) as it will only come out when he needs to use the stroller as a wheelchair. However, a canopy might be essential. Advice?

The Maclaren Volo is the one I purchased for our trip in 2010 for my 4 year old. Has a canopy, folds up and unfolds quickly and easily. Worked great!

I'd ask on the DISabilities board too. There are some special needs strollers out there and I'm pretty sure some members of that forum use them for their kiddos.

I'd ask on the DISabilities board too. There are some special needs strollers out there and I'm pretty sure some members of that forum use them for their kiddos.

Yes, but special needs strollers aren't generally light or fold small--at least none that I've seen. We only need it if and when he is getting crowded in. He wouldn't need through the parks, just sometimes in lines, especially those that are overstimulating. I think we needed him in a stroller twice during our last trip--10 days over Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter