Yet another stroller question

figment41

DIS Veteran
I took my daughter shopping the other day in the stroller I plan on using again in WDW. She fell asleep and when I looked at her I thought there is no way that is comfortable. Her stroller reclines and is very well padded so that part is fine. The only support for her feet and legs was the step at the bottom of the stroller. Have you ever layed on a bed with your feet on the floor? It is not very comfortable.

So, I am looking for a stroller that also has some leg support that could possibly be adjusted when she is sleeping. I need a light weight stroller and one that fold up fairly small as we will be on the buses. It needs to recline and have a decent sun shade. I also do not want to have to take out a second mortgage to pay for.

I know children are fine just about anywhere you stick them. I was just looking for some suggestions.:wizard:

How old is she?

My Maclaren Quest is a lightweight umbrella stroller that has an foot rest.

My son has almost outgrowing the foot rest and he's just a few months past 2 yo.

As long as the recline is deep, I think that's more important than the foot rest. I hate seeing kids heads slumped over :headache:

I have the maclaren techno, it reclines 100% and has a little seat extension option. My sons legs do hang over a bit, but he has enough space to sort of curl up and he does fine. I agree with pp about getting 100% recline. As long as they have that, they will be super comfortable.

another option you have is the baby planet its very similar to the mac. they have been selling online for as little as 99 dollars some places. Check your local craigslist and ebay for these strollers for some deals as well. I just sold my mac techno for 100 on CL and it was only two yrs old in excellent condition especailly since I stopped using over 6mths ago.

another option you have is the baby planet its very similar to the mac. they have been selling online for as little as 99 dollars some places. Check your local craigslist and ebay for these strollers for some deals as well. I just sold my mac techno for 100 on CL and it was only two yrs old in excellent condition especailly since I stopped using over 6mths ago.

I was able to sell my Techno on Craigs List for $150. :thumbsup2

It's the best place to buy and sell strollers. Especially if you're purchasing one specifically for a WDW trip. If it doesn't work out for you, just sell it when you return. ;)

I think we underestimate what children consider comfortable.

Your dd fell asleep int he stroller right? Did she complain of pain or stiffness when she woke up? If the answer is no then the stroller is plenty comfortable for her. We used a small reclining umbrella stroller (with only the strap for her feet) since dd was 8 months old until she stopped at about 2.5.

Never once did she complain and she would fall asleep no problem.

I don't think anything could be as uncomfortable as the rentals at WDW. My kids managed to sleep in those! They were so pooped out, they just didn't care.
That said, when we went with my now three year old, we got a Costco stroller that folds square so it was so easy for the buses. It also reclined. It did not have a foot rest, but it was deep enough that she could pull her knees up in a fetal position and slept for a long time.
It is this one only in red and black (of course! LOL).
I also like the roomy basket in back.
http://www.strollers.com/Cosco-01920HOO-Soria-Stroller-CJV1086.html

HTH! ;)

Thanks

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a stroller with an adjustable leg rest? ( Not Maclaren):wizard:

the only other one I know off hand is the silver cross dazzle recently stores have been clearing them out for about 125. I would have to do a quick look to see what is out there. On another note the baby jogger city mini that www.orlandostrollerrentals.com has doesn't have an adjustable foot rest but the seat is long enough when fully reclined that you will not need a foot rest if you would be interested in that.

These strollers I have found on two different websites that I know for sure have adjustable/extendable footrest. I don't have personal expierence w/ any of these strollers so I can't share any other info about them other than what is posted on the web.

walmart.com
baby planet, joovy groove, inglesina urbe

www.albeebaby.com
mia moda facile, allo baby porto, chicco lite way, inglesina trip, mia moda veloce, valco titan, chicco trevi

the peg perego P3 and PLiko lite also have an extendable foot rest.

I have the Silver Cross Pop but I am in the Uk - but I am sure someone else on here has one so they must be available in the US. It has a flap at the bottom that can be raised up so the child can put their legs on it.

My DD can curl up so she is lying totally flat on it and it does look very comfortable.

The other idea is to use your existing stroller and get something quite soft for her to lie on? I have a fleece cosytoes which the top part comes off leaving a liner which is great for the summer as it is soft and cool. I also use the kidopotamus ray shade to get extra shade.

I highly recommend Albee Baby for any purchases, I have ordered from them for years and they are GREAT! I HIGHLY recommend the Baby Jogger City Classic Stroller (It holds more weight than the City Mini). I still use it for my 6.5 year old in WDW & she is comfortable & it is by far the EASIEST folding and maneuvering stroller we have ever had (I have also had the Maclaren Volo & Peg Peregos). A great investment as it holds up to 75 lbs

I have the Silver Cross Pop but I am in the Uk - but I am sure someone else on here has one so they must be available in the US. It has a flap at the bottom that can be raised up so the child can put their legs on it.

My DD can curl up so she is lying totally flat on it and it does look very comfortable.

The other idea is to use your existing stroller and get something quite soft for her to lie on? I have a fleece cosytoes which the top part comes off leaving a liner which is great for the summer as it is soft and cool. I also use the kidopotamus ray shade to get extra shade.

The pop is available in the states but right now the cheapest I could find it was 249. I like the SC brand so much more than the Mac brand. I picked up two dazzles earlier this year for 99 each on a closeout website they also had the Pop for 59 and the micro for 19 needless to say these didn't last long at all.

This stroller looks really cool - note the picture of the boy standing on the footrest (aka extendable diaper changing deck) so it seems pretty sturdy:

http://www.comfyme.com/G2G_BabyDeck_Stroller_p/ab10.htm

And at $199 it seems a middle of the road price... Kind of a neat concept actually; building a diaper "changing deck" into the stroller. You'd probably have to lift up her tush to unfold the extension if she was sleeping but it's still a neat idea. Seems to have the basic amenities - recline, sun canopy, snack tray so may be worth considering.

ETA - This site has a demo video of the stroller. I was intrigued so I was looking for reviews... :-)
http://www.toydirectory.com/monthly/new_product.asp?id=19633

Thanks

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a stroller with an adjustable leg rest? ( Not Maclaren):wizard:

Joovy Groove! We just bought one, and we really like it! DD seems very comfy in it. Seems bigger/wider than the Maclarens. :) They're also on sale at Walmart.com for $143.

We have a Chicco that has an adjustable foot rest. Only problem is that after about a year old it won't work too well because dd's legs would be way too long.

I bought a Wendy Bellisimo (?) last year from BRU when it was being discontinued. It has a great sunshade, tall handles (I'm 5'10"), a nice basket, and there is an "extension" at the end of the seat that has several angles and can add a few inches to the foot end when the back is fully reclined. It is fully colapsible and has a strap to carry it over your shoulder in a vertical position. I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter