Yet another stroller post...

irishdancemomma

Mouseketeer
We are headed for the world in 11 days and I am absolutely bursting with excitement. My husband and I will be taking our 16 month old on his first visit. We currently own a graco stroller that was given to us as part of a travel system and a small cheapie umbrella stroller. I also have an ergo, a sling, a moby wrap, and a mei tai. I have been considering purchasing the baby trend euroride stroller to make our trip easier. I guess my question is which stroller carrier combo would you use? Would you take the big graco that the baby is used to with all the features, take the cheap umbrella stroller with zero features, or spend the $100 to get the new, smaller stroller? I don't really have a problem with taking the graco, but it is a little bulky for things like gate checking at the airport and getting on and off of disney transportation. As far as carriers go, I'm thinking the ergo is probably best, but I'm afraid of it being stolen and I hate to have to wear it all day. The other carriers were less of an investment so I wouldn't be as bothered by leaving one of those in the stroller basket. We usually use the sling for quick trips and the mei tai hasn't gotten used much since I got the ergo but I do still like it. I am thinking the moby may be too hot. What are your thoughts?

We are headed for the world in 11 days and I am absolutely bursting with excitement. My husband and I will be taking our 16 month old on his first visit. We currently own a graco stroller that was given to us as part of a travel system and a small cheapie umbrella stroller. I also have an ergo, a sling, a moby wrap, and a mei tai. I have been considering purchasing the baby trend euroride stroller to make our trip easier. I guess my question is which stroller carrier combo would you use? Would you take the big graco that the baby is used to with all the features, take the cheap umbrella stroller with zero features, or spend the $100 to get the new, smaller stroller? I don't really have a problem with taking the graco, but it is a little bulky for things like gate checking at the airport and getting on and off of disney transportation. As far as carriers go, I'm thinking the ergo is probably best, but I'm afraid of it being stolen and I hate to have to wear it all day. The other carriers were less of an investment so I wouldn't be as bothered by leaving one of those in the stroller basket. We usually use the sling for quick trips and the mei tai hasn't gotten used much since I got the ergo but I do still like it. I am thinking the moby may be too hot. What are your thoughts?

The Moby will be way too hot. Your Ergo may be too hot, too; we have the "breathable" one, and even that gets warm when you're carrying around a baby. (And DS stopped liking carriers at about 8 months, so I don't even have experience babywearing a 16-month-old.)

We bought a new stroller for one of our Disney trips (the Britax B-Agile), but the investment wasn't necessary. I'd bring the Graco if that's what your child is used to. Definitely not the umbrella stroller, especially if it doesn't have a great sunshade or storage. I don't have any experience with the EuroRide.

We purchased a First Years Ignite for a trip to ireland when my son was 9 months old. It was the best $55 investment we made, and it became our go to stroller for travel. It reclines enough to nap, has a sun shade, and easily fits on transportation or in rental cars. We ended up using this stroller more than either our large travel system or our jogger.

I can't help much on the carrier front, my son always hated them and I got to hot.

So to answer your question, I would totally spend a little money to buy a more compact stroller, it will come in very handy!

Thanks for your thoughts! Anyone else wanna chime in?

Unless you need one for the airport, you may want to consider renting a stroller from an offsite vendor. Their prices are reasonable and they deliver to the resort and pick up at the end of your stay.

We are using magicstrollers.com for an upcoming trip and are very happy with the prices and the strollers they carry.

Unless you need one for the airport, you may want to consider renting a stroller from an offsite vendor. Their prices are reasonable and they deliver to the resort and pick up at the end of your stay.

We are using magicstrollers.com for an upcoming trip and are very happy with the prices and the strollers they carry.

I agree with this...instead of making a $100 investement you could rent one from an offsite rental company and it would be waiting for you at the hotel..which would be easier if you don't need to actually use it at the airport.

We leave on Saturday and we've rented a single from kingdom strollers and I'm bringing my beco carrier. I don't have a stroller since I'm a full time baby wearer, so I personally wouldn't go out and buy a new stroller. I would either rent one or bring your umbrella stroller, if it's a decent one. Have fun!!

I'd bring your Graco :thumbsup2

I used my sling (peanut shell carrier) and carried my 15 month old in a hip carry position in lines and when she slept she did comfortably in her stroller. I brought my Moby the first day in the parks but didnt use it- it's very bulky and IMO takes up too much space in my diaper bag.

I would bring the graco. Our friends we travel with frequently bring their travel systems (2 singles) for their girls and I think they work well for WDW. They are comfortable for the girls, have plenty of storage, good canopies and a nice recline. I also think they are fine on the buses. They fold well and sure, they're a tad bulky but it's not that bad. In 6 trips they haven't had a problem with them. What I wouldn't do is bring the umbrella.

Okay, looks like we are probably gonna go with the graco and ergo combo. We might take the ring sling as well since it is a lighter and cooler baby wearing option. I don't want to rent a stroller. If we spend money I would like to have something to show for it at the end of the trip. We travel a lot (road trips) and honestly, I have no idea how we have gotten by with out needing to buy a smaller stroller with things like a reclining seat, sunshade, and basket. The graco is bulky and takes up nearly the entire trunk, so a more compact stroller would be used for future trips. Nevertheless, if we can save that $100 that is probably what we will do. Now, one more question... I have never flown with a stroller (I've only flown with the baby once, and we just used the ergo on that trip since there wasn't so much walking involved). Can I gate check any stroller that folds down or does it need to be a certain size? I doubt ours is too big but don't want any surprises. :)

Okay, looks like we are probably gonna go with the graco and ergo combo. We might take the ring sling as well since it is a lighter and cooler baby wearing option. I don't want to rent a stroller. If we spend money I would like to have something to show for it at the end of the trip. We travel a lot (road trips) and honestly, I have no idea how we have gotten by with out needing to buy a smaller stroller with things like a reclining seat, sunshade, and basket. The graco is bulky and takes up nearly the entire trunk, so a more compact stroller would be used for future trips. Nevertheless, if we can save that $100 that is probably what we will do. Now, one more question... I have never flown with a stroller (I've only flown with the baby once, and we just used the ergo on that trip since there wasn't so much walking involved). Can I gate check any stroller that folds down or does it need to be a certain size? I doubt ours is too big but don't want any surprises. :)

Sounds like a good plan!

I used to gate check our Chicco travel system stroller, which I imagine is a similar size to the Graco, without problem. You should be fine.

I didn't get my ergo until my son was just about out of baby wearing age but I've done Disney with a Mei tai and loved it. Are you the only baby wearer? My DH liked the moby. The ring sling might be a good option for lines, but I couldn't have done it for a day.

I've seen Graco sized strollers checked before so it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, and we will see you there because we leave in 11 days, too!!

Oh, and DH will use the ergo. He says the moby is confusing and I have to put it on him. Lol! The mei tai is flowery so he refuses to use that, and the ring sling never feels right to him.

ETA - Have fun on your trip!

We used a Graco Metrolite when our DD was 11 months, 19 months, and 3 years (also had a 10 week old sister on that trip) and we were extremely happy with it. I would definitely not take a cheapie umbrella stroller to Disney. It is worth a bit of hassle to have a super comfortable seat, snack tray, large basket, adult cupholders, etc. Regarding the Ergo, I wore my 10 week old in mid-August in Disney and she survived. :) Granted, she was in nothing but a diaper at times but I think you will be fine in April with an Ergo. With a 16 month old, I think your best bet is your Graco with your Ergo as an option. Have a great time!

Our daughter was 15 months on our first trip, she's now 4. At the time, we only had our Maclaren umbrella stroller. Nothing fancy and light weight. If the sun was an issue, I would toss a light blanket over it.

We now have two kids and we have the Britax contraption. I honestly can't wait until we're just using the Maclaren again! The bigger the stroller, the more stuff you take, and the harder it is to get around. That's just our experience anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter