Yet another puppy question UPDATE PICTURE POST #16

What a cutie :)

We have two rat terriers and I know you will love him. They are very smart dogs. Like someone else said the shaking is a normal thing and will go away, he's very very young so it's probably worse than others.

As far as sleeping, I would recommend getting a small travel crate and placing it on a nightstand right next to the bed. That way, he knows you are near and when he wimpers you can just put a hand out to comfort him and roll right back off to sleep. At such a young age though he'll probably need to get up at least once - we went outside every 4 hours.

As for food, if you aren't already (didn't read all the posts) you'll need to water the food to make it soft for a couple weeks.

Hope this helps a little and congrats on such an adorable addition! :goodvibes

That puppy is adorable!

Almacdonald, our dog's name is Jackson and it is a great name for a dog. We call him Jack-Jack for short.

OMG! :love: He is too cute! Congradulation on your new family member!

:cloud9: He is absolutely adorable!!! Good luck!!

He looks like a Jessie to me!

kimmikayb said:
.......I wonder if anyone has ever been booted from DIS for posting too many pictures???? :rotfl2:
I hope not. :scared1: :teeth:

What a cute puppy!!!! Good wishes, congratulations!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! I can report that today is much better. The little guy is playing and even trying to get our other dogs. It's so funny, we have a newfy and this little bitty dog is acting like a big dog around her. Our newfy has adopted him and is always trying to nanny him. He ate about 4 times yesterday plus once in the night.

I really love the name Jackson....but my DS3 has started to call him Eddie....I think that will stick.

My older kids are on vacation with my parents....they will be surprised when they get home! :Pinkbounc

FloraFauna said:
That puppy is adorable!

Almacdonald, our dog's name is Jackson and it is a great name for a dog. We call him Jack-Jack for short.

...But Jack-Jack is longer than the original name of Jackson.... :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :confused3

I cant think of a good name for him right now but he doesnt look like an Eddie to me. Is that because of the dog from Frasier that was named Eddie?
He looks more sophisticated than an Eddie, like he needs a "Mr" or a "Sir" in front of his name. Best of luck with the new little guy. I hope you have years of fun and enjoyment with him.

Sir Mick E. Mouse...LOL

One thing to be aware of with Rat Terriers is that they tend to have corn allergies so it might be best to find a food that doesn't contain corn. We use Nutro Lamb and Rice for puppies and Dublin has done well on that.

Brutie, I guess its a nickname then. Our other dog's name is Barq's (like the root beer). My nickname for him is "Barksie". Yes, my dogs are spoiled rotten! :)

Brutie said:
I cant think of a good name for him right now but he doesnt look like an Eddie to me. Is that because of the dog from Frasier that was named Eddie?
He looks more sophisticated than an Eddie, like he needs a "Mr" or a "Sir" in front of his name. Best of luck with the new little guy. I hope you have years of fun and enjoyment with him.

Sir Mick E. Mouse...LOL
That's funny because my DH wanted to call him Mr. Bo Jangles....but everyone voted it down because he wants to take the puppy in his truck with him and my family thought my DH would be teased calling for Mr. Bo Jangles. :rotfl2: I suggested Mr. Tom Morrow....but got voted down, immediatley! My DH is not calling him Edward because my son keeps calling him Eddie. Really if you all knew my DH you would faint in shock...he's never liked any of the dogs and is this big burly man who feels "dogs are meant to be outside". He bulked and pouted at getting this puppy but knew it was going to make me happy. NOW the puppy is his! And he tells everyone that. He's cooing and babying him. Calling for his "little buddy" all the time! :lmao: I'm glad...it's really heartwarming!

golfgal said:
One thing to be aware of with Rat Terriers is that they tend to have corn allergies so it might be best to find a food that doesn't contain corn. We use Nutro Lamb and Rice for puppies and Dublin has done well on that.

I didn't know this! Thanks for the advice. We are going to start weaning him off the generic puppy chow and start something else. I thought I'd ask the vet tomorrow.

I like the name Dublin...very cute. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter