Yet ANOTHER Photopass CD question.

MommyPoppins

<font color=green>Tangled with the TF in a moment
I have photo pass cards from our May trip and Sept. trip that I never went onto the website and "activated" so when we go in Dec. can I combine all three cards onto a CD then?

TIA

It's activated when it's used not when you log it into the web-sight.

I was told by them that it will retian the pics for 60 days to be put on the CD or DVD,
30 days for viewing and purchase of prints.

And you don't have to get new cards each time if you don't want to.That way when you do log-into your account you don't have to enter the new card each time it will just pull them up.

I'mNoPrince said:
It's activated when it's used not when you log it into the web-sight.

I was told by them that it will retian the pics for 60 days to be put on the CD or DVD,
30 days for viewing and purchase of prints.

And you don't have to get new cards each time if you don't want to.That way when you do log-into your account you don't have to enter the new card each time it will just pull them up.

So, then is that a "no"? By Dec. my old cards won't have pictures on them anymore?

Nope. your pictures are gone on that card by now. So i'm sorry if you wanted them, but it does say on the back of the card they are only good for 30 days.

If they kept all the pictuers taken on photopass inthe system forever they would run out of room very quickly.

The term Photopass uses is "claim," not activate.

You only have 30 days to log into the Photopass web site and claim your photos; after 30 days, they are deleted - gone, poof! forever and ever.

When you claim them, the clock is reset to 30 days again - you have 30 days after you claim the pics to buy them (on CD or as prints or in a custom album, whatever). 30 days after you claim them, they are deleted.

And no, it doesn't matter when you claim them - 2 days after they are taken, or 20 days after they are taken - when you enter the Photopass card into your account and claim the pics, the 30-day countdown starts.

Some people have heard the number "60 days" thrown around by CMs or by other DISers. The "60 days" refers to the fact that if you wait 30 days till the last possible second to claim your pics, then wait another 30 days till the last possible second before you buy them, that adds up to 60 days.

So, I'm sorry MommyPoppins, but the pics from your May and September trips are all gone already.

You can still use the Photopass cards from those previous trips. The cards are just barcodes with serial numbers that act as an ID tag to help you claim your pics, and they can be used over and over again.

Just be sure to write down the number from each card, in case you lose one. With the number, you can still claim any pics that are associated with the card, even if you lost the card. AllEarsNet recommends taking a digital pic of the back of each PP card with your own camera as soon as you get it, that way you can look up the number while you are inside the parks and view your pics at one of the Photopass viewing stations.

despite a couple of warnings of imminent deletion, my photos from a trip around 10/1/06 are were not removed until 1/31/07. so that's about 120 days from when they were taken.

they are gone now, i just checked.

I also had some from last year that lasted a lot longer than 30 days. It wouldn't hurt to go in and check. It maybe that they only purge periodically. Or perhaps they have a "secret" grace period so they don't have to field as many calls/emails from guests who forgot about the 30 day timeframe.

I doubt they will be there, but can't hurt to check.

despite a couple of warnings of imminent deletion, my photos from a trip around 10/1/06 are were not removed until 1/31/07. so that's about 120 days from when they were taken.

they are gone now, i just checked.

This was a one-time extension due to when they re-did the website in Jan 2007. I also had some from that same time frame that were extended until 2/7/07, and also some I added 1/7/07 that were deleted exactly on 1/7/07 as they said they would be. I would caution anyone to count on an extension and risk losing their precious pictures if they really want to purchase them. :goodvibes

I would check, but I'm sorry to say that even if you haven't gone onto the website, your pictures are probably gone since they say you only have 30 days until they expire. The pictures from May and September probably are gone by now.

Does anyone have a Photopass promotion code for March that they would like to share? I would really appreciate it. I am going to purchase a Photo CD and any discount would be wonderful. Thank you in advance. :cheer2:

So, do you purchase the cd before your trip and pictures are taken, or do you do this while you're at WDW? I've been leary about using this feature, but all these threads have me thinking of trying it! I guess I don't get why Disney would give away pictures instead of charging you like practically everything else.

How do you go about ordering/purchasing the cd?

So, do you purchase the cd before your trip and pictures are taken, or do you do this while you're at WDW? I've been leary about using this feature, but all these threads have me thinking of trying it! I guess I don't get why Disney would give away pictures instead of charging you like practically everything else.

How do you go about ordering/purchasing the cd?

You can buy it in one of three ways:

1) Pre-purchase from the DisneyPhotoPass.com site (this gives you a $25 discount off the normal $125 price)
2) Buy it at the parks before you come home ($125, at one of the 4 PhotoPass viewing stations)
3) Buy it online after you get home ($125, from DisneyPhotoPass.com)

I always recommend buying it online, because you can take your time and add borders and graphics to the pics before the CD is sent.

Pre-purchasing, if you know you're going to buy the CD, is a nice way to save $25.

You can "renew" the pictures on the card by having a photo taken on it every 29 days, but they don't guarantee that for more then 4 months. Although when I was there in March someone was checking their photos, doing the photo once a month to make sure photos didn't go away, and he had photos from September still on his card.

We will be crusng in March for my DD's B-day and it would be super to have the pix from the cruise on a CD afterwards instead of buying all the prints...I love the idea of putting them together in the photobooks with pictures that we have taken...What a fun project to start but too many questions still?

We will be crusng in March for my DD's B-day and it would be super to have the pix from the cruise on a CD afterwards instead of buying all the prints...I love the idea of putting them together in the photobooks with pictures that we have taken...What a fun project to start but too many questions still?

At the moment, PhotoPass is not available on the Disney Cruise Line ships. But PhotoPass has been a great success for Disney, so it may be added to the DCL ships in the future.

So...you buy this CD for $125, they take pictures of you, and then you have to buy the pictures again?

If you buy the CD for $125 before the trip, then no- all pictures taken while you are at disney will be yours. You'll get a CD with all of the pictures on it, as well as a copyright release (allowing you to get the pictures printed at, say, Walmart, if you didn't want to print them off your computer).

If you want to add any borders to photos after the trip-there is a special way to go about pre-ordering to make sure you can do this (I think). Check out bradk's website for details on that!

The only thing you'd have to pay for, if you got the CD, is any prints that you order from the photopass website. If you just want to print them yourself, then there's no additional charge.

I hope I'm explaining that clearly enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter