• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another "my wait list came through" happy dance thread

kathyell

DIS Veteran
We recently moved to Florida, and I had decided before we even got down here that this was finally going to be the year that I was going to stay on-site at WDW on my birthday. I called as soon as I knew when we were moving, and there was a three night stay available at Kidani for the dates I wanted. I booked it, and I was just delighted at the time.

Now, I love AKV, but I also decided to book the Wishes dessert party for the actual night of my birthday. Slogging back to AKV from the MK at night is one of those things I really just don't enjoy, so I decided to wait list for just the one night of my birthday at BLT. I didn't have a lot of hope. There's three room categories there for studios and I could only wait list two of them, so I also have been calling every day (sorry member services!) to see if a standard view studio was available.

So this morning, three days before my wait list requests would expire, the magic emails appeared in my inbox, announcing the change in our reservation. Two nights at AKV-Kidani, and the last night at BLT. Now we can stroll back to the hotel at our leisure after the fireworks on my birthday, and I can stay in not one, but two of my most favorite resorts for my birthday weekend.

So stoked! :woohoo:

That is SO exciting! It sounds like a great way to celebrate a birthday. Should be really relaxing and just wonderful to be there.:cool1: Enjoy your trip!

Congratulations! It's always wonderful when a plan comes together like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter