Yet another dress code question

miles67

Earning My Ears
My family and I will be leaving for our first cruise in just a few weeks! Can't wait, 7 day western leaving on Oct. 22. People who are veterans can answer this one I'm sure, if you have the late seating for dinner, do people normally get dressed for dinner before the shows, and then go directly from the shows to dinner? Or is there enough time in bewteen the shows to go back to the cabin and change? I appreciate any help.

Hi Miles67!

It is actually a bit of both. Some folks prefer to dress before the show and then get photos taken or go to the "family" shows that are between the meals after the show and before dinner. Others stay casual for the show and change in-between. We did a little of both last year.

Have you checked out the DIS meet thread for our cruise? (I don't recomend reading the whole thing since it is over 50 pages!) Come on by and introduce yourself! :wave: Although some of us have been posting there for months - we all like meeting even more DISers :love: :cheer2: :earboy2: This link will take you to the last page.

We also have a website (the link is in my signature below) where you can see a list of all the DISers that will be joining us. If you would like to be included, just send me an email or a PM.

pdarrah

The shows typically end around 7:30 and late dinner is at 8:30 so that gives you approximately an hour to get ready. If you don't think that is enough time then feel free to come dressed to the shows.

there are usually characters in the atrium lobby in the evenings, so you might just want to leave the show and get on line for your autographs and your pictures.

We had late seating and always changed after the show.

It will depend on your seating time. Now that the Magic is going to have the staggered times some people will be rushing right from the show to the dining room while others will have more time to wait & get changed. I don't get why more people didn't complain about this new schedule on the Wonder. ?????? Maybe it is because they are only on the ship for 3-4 days. I hope that everyone who doesn't like the change lets DCL know.

Actually the Oct 22nd Western is the last cruise BEFORE they start the staggered dining times. According to the press release that will start with the Oct 29th Eastern.

pdarrah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter