Yet another ? about pillowcases (Sorry!)

dis ms.

<font color=00a0c4>Suffers from Stale Tag Syndrome
I know there are a bazillion pillowcase questions out there; I tried to search for this particular question, but I couldn't find it.

I had personalized pillowcases made for our upcoming cruise. These will be strictly souvenirs--my kids won't actually be using the pillowcases.

So, my question is: Do I need to prewash the pillowcases if they will be framed immediately and never slept on?

TIA!

BTW, if you're in the market for embroidered disney pillowcases, check out "antonia h" on ebay. She does great work.

I just got off the 11 nite southern....

... and we just used the pillow cases the kids club furnished for one of their activities. It was free and came with Goofy imprinted on it. We got 'em back with a half dozen characters' signatures and they make great keep sakes - and they're FREE!

I would however encourage you to bring several colored sharpies to send in with them though. That way there will be more differentiation and sizzle with the different colors. We just did em in black. I brought along a single bottle of DIS lime green 3D paint... and I used that for getting autographs on 6 Mickey ear caps. I used one for my "Secret Mickey" game on the ship.

ACFgG0ta9.jpg

Hope the ideas and info helps someone!

Cheers!

We also did the pillowcases for the kids, strictly as souviners.

We didn't pre-wash our pillowcases. They are still in great shape.

On our 7 day last month, we gave guest services our pillowcases on the first night and had a bag full of brand new colorful sharpies to give them as well. The CM told us they didn't need the sharpies, they would use their own. When we got the pillowcases back on the last night, they had over a dozen great signatures, but they were all in black!! We had put my daughter's names on each pillowcase, in the center, using a large iron on graphic that was very colorful and had images of all the princess sitting onthe letters to their name. I was initially disappointed with the black sigs but then it occurred to me that maybe they used black because the graphic was so colorful; maybe it looks better this way.

All in all it looks cute. Had I not had that graphic I'm not sure I would have been as pleased with the all-black names, particularly when the multitude of colored markers had been turned down. Not sure if this is a new strategy for the CMs to get through a large number of pillowcases, or if it was the particular CM we saw at the desk that night.

Thanks for the replies!

I know my kids are going to love their pillowcases. What a great souvenir!

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter