Yesterday I was disappointed. Today I don't know how to feel. (Added pictures 8/1)

I ca't believe they did that to you! That is so rude and inconsiderate. Obviously your kinder than me, because I would tell them that all of the reception is now their problem. Your done! I do hope everything works out, and to see pics of your daughter!!

Wow, I feel so bad for you:hug: I can't believe they are being so insensitive. Like others have said you have done enough for them, you gave alot of time and hard work to make their event truely beautiful, if SIL thinks she can handle it, then let her. Do NOT offer to do anything else for them, it's a horrible thing to say but you have just had your generosity shoved in your face, I would be furious!!!:mad:
Most people would have appreciated all the effort you had put in, they don't realise what they have passed up!

You ladies won't guess what happened at the rehearsal today. I was sick to the stomach trying to decide if I would go. My DH and I talked and decided that the best thing to do would be to go for my daughter's sake.

After the rehearsal my DH and SIL had a looong talk. To the point of annoying a lot of people. The kids and I are in the truck waiting when my daughter gets the diaper bag. I didn't think anything of it until I heard my son say something. When I looked back, my daughter (2) is drinking the Similisan which is an earache medicine.

When I ran inside to tell my husband he and my SIL thought I was just trying to get him to leave. I had to get my MIL & FIL help me find the poison control number and they were standing there with me trying to keep me calm. Finally after a few minutes of me being on the phone answering questions my FIL got upset and went and got my husband. He was none to nice in what he said. Long story short my daughter is fine, but DH got his self in a world of trouble.

When I finally could think straight I told him how I felt and he apologize to the point of me telling him to shut up.

Anywho, I called my SIL to talk with her about everything that has been going on since Wednesday. Some enlightening things were uncovered by us both. Then when we went to my MIL's house with my DH's other 3 sisters and 3 nieces we started piecing together an interesting story.

It would seem that the groom has been doing some serious lying. He was the one who asked my SIL to find another place for them to have the reception. He also told his family that I would never let him see the reception hall and that he kept asking me and I would make excuses.

I am furious right now that he has his family thinking that I am a liar and that I am not a woman of my word. His mother wouldn't even speak to me tonight at the rehearsal. And my niece spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom crying because she couldn't understand why I was there if I didn't want to be. I never told her I didn't want to be a part of things. I simply told them that I needed to step back.

I am going to bed and try not to get anymore worked up than I am. Thanks for letting me vent.

I can not believe that he is the one behind all the drama.My gosh I hope you take a nice long nap and wake up refreshed,you must be going through soo much stress.

Holy Moly-- he sounds very manipulative-- and to do this during his wedding - i can only imagine what the future holds. GL to your neice-- i think shes going to need it more than you are!! I hate that you were crapped on like that. I know your intentions were good...:hug: Hugs to you-- isnt today the big day? Hope it goes well... as well as it can at this point.

Sometimes family is just out of control! *HUGS* I say do what is right for your baby, and just forget about the rest. You did more than your fair share, and I hate that it is not appreciated! *HUGS*

I don't even know what to say.....what can one say about the ridiculousness and drama:headache: ....particularly after all the time and effort you put into this! Very shocking and disturbing that the groom is the instigator of all this and lying about it to boot!:sad2:

I hope your little one is okay, of all timing to get a hold of the ear meds! :grouphug: Let us know what else happens, unfortunately it sounds that there may be more drama ahead. Good for you though taking the stand on having them sort out the rest of the details since they decided to change everything at the last minute! It is definitely not being petty, you did your part making sure that everything was plnned/put toether/etc....they messed it up by chaning it at the last hour....so they can and should have to do all the arrangements for the changes to be done.

Wow....

I am so shocked that all this happened. Kudos to you for handling all the presssure. Dont worry WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

in spite of all their stupidity, I hope your daughter had a spectacular day - thank god her innocence rises above this garbage.....many many :hug: to you and yours from me and mine.

Michelle :cloud9:

wow i cant believe this groom did all this lying & your niece still married him....i hope he doesnt make this habit worse in their marriage!!!

You hung in there & did great....glad to here your2yr old is ok!!!

would love to hear more!!:goodvibes

WOW I am so sorry to hear.. Good Luck.. I hope everything works well for you

Michelle :cloud9: ps/ no photos of your daughter????

All of the pictures of my daughter are on my niece's camera. Right before the wedding my husband moved my camera and no one could find it before I had to leave. Once I got to the wedding I had to wait for him to get there and when he did my camera batteries go dead! The extra set were in the back of the hall with our bags. :headache: So I just grabbed my niece's camera while she was doing the video and started snapping.

I came to this thread as the drama began to unfold, and I must say, you have been an exemplary lady thoughout this whole thing. I can't say the same for myself if I were in your situation. I'm glad the groom decided he should appologize to you, that's the very LEAST he could do after all the lies. My goodness!

I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl in her pretty dress.
:cheer2: KUDOS to you for keeping your cool in the hot south!

:grouphug:

I came to this thread as the drama began to unfold, and I must say, you have been an exemplary lady thoughout this whole thing. I can't say the same for myself if I were in your situation. I'm glad the groom decided he should appologize to you, that's the very LEAST he could do after all the lies. My goodness!

I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl in her pretty dress.
:cheer2: KUDOS to you for keeping your cool in the hot south!

:grouphug:

Trust me when I say that I did not always want to act like a lady!

Just adding some pictures of my adorable child!

SarahWedding053.jpg

Another DIY project by my SIL Darlene. This is not a very good picture, but the baskets
were really pretty.

sarahwedding095.jpg

sarahwedding047.jpg

This is her driving her daddy crazy during the ceremony.

Those little ones are just incredibly adorable- you just want to give them a hug! - and your work is beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter