YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Leshaface

Leshaface DIS Veteran

Seriously. That tub...heaven. :cloud9: I could imagine myself taking a nice hot bath, rose petals all around me, reading a book about Walt, looking up at the ceiling every once in a while to take a peek at the glittering stars above me and stay there for HOURS.

What an amazing hour long tour you got to take of the DS. Truly blessed!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Trying to get caught up with replies... I am not ignoring anyone, it's just a heck of a week!

Thank you very much Jillian! Your kind comments are appreciated. :)

I'm sure Tom Cruise wouldn't appreciate my remark! :laughing:

Thanks for the reminder Kristy. I looked back at my photos and I do see a green light in the tub. Yeah, even those celebrities had to have used the facilities. :blush:

I should have asked for some of those H2O products as a souvenir. But then again, those could have been yours....

It was nice to have the keys as a keepsake but it would have been even better to have had our names on them! ;)

Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying reading along.

I was bashful and didn't sit on the loo! :upsidedow That's too funny with you on the throne.

I just got side-tracked for an hour reading through your Club 33 DL trip! What amazing photos you have! Wow!

Ok, back here.... I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading about that special experience. :)

ha ha! You can be whatever age you wish to be. What a nice day to be born! Happy belated birthday.

Thanks Carol! It was pretty much WOW!

And thank you about the thread....it didn't happen without you. :)

You know your Disney products! Thank you for reading Christine. It was a pleasure to share.

It was pretty luxurious! Even the details in the bathroom were perfect!

Thank you Chris! I was glad that Em was with me and that we were able to share that special tour.

Ha ha! Some images just don't vacate your mind! :p

4. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks Maddie! I'm glad you were able to dream along....:)

Thanks Emily! The keys were a great parting gift. Em keeps the "key" in her wallet.

That is so perfect Dee!! I feel very special to earn a comic in my thread! :)

I was interested to see what the VIPs used for toiletries. Glad that I could satisfy your curiosity!

You are so sweet. Thanks!:hug:

Thank you Dee! I'm so glad that you make this thread (and so many others) so much fun to hang around. :thumbsup2

I wish I had asked how many people stay in the suite a year versus get these types of tours. I'm interested in the people that actually stay there - and not the celebrities.

Bubbles, lights, and magic... sounds like a great way to bathe.

Thanks for continuing to read Alicia.

Thank you! :) Glad to share.

Thank you Phil - on all accounts!

You raise a good point but even in the 1950's Ricky and Lucy had separate beds. Maybe it was just the proper thing to do in the those days. :lmao:

Isn't that the best little bit of magic in the bathroom? :love: My reference is for the twinkly lights, not Tom. :laughing:

5. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Oh, thanks for letting me know Neal! :) I count on you to let me know so maybe I'll see you next month! :laughing:

Oh Camille, thank you! I would have pinched Em too but I don't think she would have appreciated it. We did have that moment when we first heard.

Ha ha! Yes, the monogram is very fitting for you. If I'd known we'd become such good friends I'd have picked you up a few back then! :hug: And the canopy with the C as well, it's just waiting for you. :)

Thank you Scott! It was pretty amazing!

Hey Kathy! You are too funny! Thank you! It was my pleasure to share.

I'm glad to see Mark is doing ok post op. You are a such a thoughtful mom to make him cookies. They will be like medicine!

(Your new best friend that you've never met said to tell you don't freeze your **** off! Someone needs to put him in 'time out' outside there.)

Thank you Jennifer! It will be a great memory that Em and I will share for....forever. :)

Thank you! And now it is my turn to be jealous... Your princess 1/2 in 2 weeks! I was there last year during that so I will miss it. I wish you all the best. It makes the 10 miles that I have run ALL WEEK seem pathetic!

Howdy Jill! I hope you are enjoying the BC! Yes, I'm jealous! ::yes:: That's quite the upgrade! If it was my parents I'd crash their vacation.

Is it too cold for SAB? Enjoy your stay!

6. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Kimmy! Aren't the details incredible?

Our tour guide told us that the DS is occupied a few times a month.

Hi Bob! Too funny! There's a difference between urgency and excitement! :rotfl2:

I'm glad that you are still reading along even if I threw in one too many Tom Cruise images. ;)

Stay warm.

I saw your FB post about your attempt to leave WDW. I think someone is telling you something....

Hey, I'll be there in May too. ;) I think we're on the 4:1 ratio here where for every 1 trip I take, you take 4. :rolleyes1 I want to be you!

Thank you Linda!

Ha ha! Disney-fy my bathroom. That makes complete sense. I'd definitely start with one of those tubs.

I don't know if I've seen Sanaa bathroom sinks. They must be something.

See, you have the image down! Add a glass of wine or something bubbly and aahhh. :goodvibes

7. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

My apologies for falling so far behind Brenda!

I loved that final part of the tour - how gorgeous is that throne room!!! Love it! I've always loved the night/starry sky when they have it in some of the dark rides - they do it so fabulously... I love that they thought to put it over the tub, as well.

Can't believe you left a bag behind, LOL...

What a wonderful, wonderful and magical day!

D~

8. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

The ceiling above the spa tub is awesome!! I think every bathroom should have stars while you soak. Heavenly for sure! :goodvibes

What a special memory for you and Em.

9. freesone

freesone DIS Veteran

"Oh, thanks for letting me know Neal! :) I count on you to let me know so maybe I'll see you next month! :laughing:"

::yes::

10. Woth2982

Woth2982 DIS Veteran

Thank you!The Tink Half went much better than I anticipated! I didn't run for over a month due to illness and back pain, and somehow I knocked 8 minutes off my wine and dine time! Just had my cortisone injection today, so hopefully things calm down to allow me a really great run! Haha you are running 10 miles more per week than most! I always say your faster than the person sitting on the couch!

11. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

No worries! :)

That's a great connection. It's rather like having the "fireworks" at the end of the Gran Fiesta Tour in the bathroom.

We should have really left the bag as an excuse to go back; however, it probably wasn't a good idea to risk it. ;)

I agree Kelli. I think the next refurbs in the resort rooms need to have some DS touches. :wizard:

:surfweb: << Neal awaiting the next podcast.

Wow! That's a great run despite being side lined for a period of time. Sounds like you are gearing up for another great run. :thumbsup2 I'd love to know how you did... or if your write a TR?? In any event, you'll be IN DISNEY very shortly! :banana:

12. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

**INTERMISSION - Part 1**
    Disney's Grand Californian Hotel weekend

Before the next installment I wanted to insert an intermission from the weekend we spent at DLR for Em's 18th Birthday. We had already booked dinner at Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel so it made sense to stay the night at the hotel. The only problem was they were booked solid. I called to see if there were any rooms available - nope. Two weeks out I stalked the website daily to see if there was anything at any of the Disneyland hotels - nope. Finally a few days before her birthday a room opened up. :banana:

There was a passholder rate available on a room at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. They only had a resort view room available but I wasn't going to complain. The winter passholder deal included 2 fastpasses per person and a 5x7 photopass photo.

This will be narrative light updates from the 2 nights we spent at DLR.

[​IMG]

Check in at hotel:

[​IMG]

View from room:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dinner at Napa Rose:
    This is such a beautiful restaurant that is reminiscent of California Grill. There's so many wonderful entrees here. I've had the short ribs a couple times but this visit I strayed from that favorite and had the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin which was excellent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: Napa Rose is the only Disneyland resort restaurant that I am aware that does not accept AP discounts.

World of Color from our balcony. You could tune the TV into the WoC channel to hear the soundtrack from your room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late evening DL Park time:
    [​IMG]

Indiana Jones ride
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In case anyone wanted to know what it looked like ON the ride...yeah, that didn't work out so well.

[​IMG]

Tourists!
    [​IMG]

We stayed until the park closed at midnight.

Intermission Part 2

13. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

**Intermission - Part 2**
    Disney's Grand Californian Hotel Weekend

The following day was DL play time. Michael had to go to work so that left Em and I with some girl time for most of the day. We started off the morning eating breakfast at the La Brea Bakery restaurant in Downtown Disney.

Em's French toast:
    [​IMG]

Eggs, Potatoes, Bacon, Toast:
    [​IMG]

Matterhorn
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr. Toad's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Space Mountain with Hotel Package Fast Pass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a break in our day Em left to go to dinner with some of her friends that were taking her out for her birthday. My DH was meeting back up with me later in the evening so I had some solo park time. I bounced over to California Adventure to watch the lights lining Route 66 turn on at dusk. I sat on one of the benches and enjoyed the twilight when the music queued up and the lights went on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tower of Terror - California Style

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hollywood area of DCA:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Animation Building:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to follow....Part 3 DL Weekend Intermission

14. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Your intermission has an intermission!

Loving these posts! Thanks. Already excited.

:banana::banana::banana:

15. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great pics from DL ...... Aargh I want to get back there soooooo much
    The photos from Napa Rose are just gorgeous.
    Em looks every bit the birthday princess and I love her hair curled like that :)
    I feel a 'business trip' to CA is necessary ;)

16. DisneyKid4Life

DisneyKid4Life DIS Veteran

YAY, So glad you've included this intermission!!!

Well yeah... if you've already booked dinner there, it only makes sense to stay there. Disney logic says so. ::yes:: And yet more pixie dust for you landing that last minute room. Shame it was only a theme park view though. :rolleyes:

I do have to add how significant the passholder benefits are between D-land and WDW. Just night and day and WAY better out west.

What a lovely way to celebrate an 18th birthday. You all look great and Em shining like the princess she is. princess:

Aww I love that picture of Em on the Matterhorn, the one ride down for refurb on my one D-Land trip. Holy, almost 2 years ago this month. :eek:

17. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Dee!! I'm excited too... 5 more months! :hourglass

I want you to come back soooo much too! Perhaps I could bribe you with an offer to take you to Napa Rose? ;)

Thanks! Em enjoyed getting dressed up for her special day.

I'm glad you get the logic... it just makes sense. Forget the fact that we live 20 minutes from DL.

There are some little perks thrown in from time to time and the dining discounts (and I believe retail) are better at DL. Sounds like I can't afford NOT to be a passholder!

Thank you! I shared with Em your kind comment and she said thank you as well. :)

18. momabbate

momabbate DIS Veteran

What a great B-day celebration! I really need to figure out a way to get back to DL.

19. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

What an incredible view!! I can't believe how close the Grand Californian is to the park. It's right there!
    Happy birthday, Em!! Both of you ladies looked beautiful at her dinner!

20. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

How lucky to be close enough to DL to pop in and spend your birthday! Em looks absolutely beautiful at her birthday dinner. :goodvibes And darn the luck only having a theme park view available too, right?! ;)

21. DaveinFallsChurch

DaveinFallsChurch DIS Veteran

Finally caught up! Loved the final installations to your Dream Suite tour! Thanks for sharing!

And what a fun birthday at DLR! Happy Birthday to Em!!