Yes or no - can Undercover Tourist tix be added to your room key?

This past May, we added our UT tickets to our key cards and upgraded to park hopper at Guest Relations in DTD the night we checked in.

OP here - thanks to everyone who shared their experience. It is honestly no biggie if they can't add them. Just thought it would be easier if everything is on one card. This is the first time we have not done a package so we have never had the tix separate from our room keys. They seem so flimsy to me!

OP here - thanks to everyone who shared their experience. It is honestly no biggie if they can't add them. Just thought it would be easier if everything is on one card. This is the first time we have not done a package so we have never had the tix separate from our room keys. They seem so flimsy to me!

The new RFID tickets are more substantial, though the older Tyvek ones are plenty tough.

Would it be better to upgrade at a park or at the resort?

I bought the tickets through Disney online

and decided, after I received them in the mail, that I wanted to add the PH option. I REALLY wish I could just have it added now and pay now but since I physically have the tickets already I guess I have to wait 5 months to do that :(

Since you bought the tickets directly from Disney, it does not matter if you USE the tickets before you upgrade or not.
(It doesn't HURT to use the tickets before upgrading -so I always suggest it- but in this case,
there is no advantage to doing so.)

In this particular case, you can go ahead and upgrade at the resort at the time of check-in (if the CM at the front desk will do that for you) or at the Concierge (if the CM at that desk knows how.)

This past May, we added our UT tickets to our key cards and upgraded to park hopper at Guest Relations in DTD the night we checked in.

This is kind of an "iffy" situation, so I want to point out that you might not want to do this again,
if you are ever in this same scenario in the future.

If you purchase tickets from an authorized ticket discounter (like UT)
if you don't USE those tickets at least one time BEFORE you upgrade,
you run the risk of paying FAR TOO MUCH for adding any kind of upgrade.

There are some ticket CM's at WDW who will go ahead and just charge you the lowest amount
to upgrade on a new unused ticket,
but beware that there a some who will charge you the
difference between the upgrade price and what UT paid Disney for the tickets
(which is LESS than YOU paid UT for the tickets.)

That can be a lot of money down the drain from your pocket.

Use your ticket to enter a theme park at least once before upgrading.
It can't HURT and it may very well HELP, financially.

Also, you need to KNOW exactly what your upgrade should cost before you
do the upgrade transaction.
There are many stories of CM's making costly mistakes by not following
correct upgrade procedures for guests.

Yeah for NOW carrying a KTTW card and a park card is no big deal. But I imagine it's going to become more important ( or at least less annoying ) once the wristbands go 100% live. I, for one, buy my park passes from UT, and I would very much like to have them on my wristband.

This is kind of an "iffy" situation, so I want to point out that you might not want to do this again,
if you are ever in this same scenario in the future.

If you purchase tickets from an authorized ticket discounter (like UT)
if you don't USE those tickets at least one time BEFORE you upgrade,
you run the risk of paying FAR TOO MUCH for adding any kind of upgrade.

There are some ticket CM's at WDW who will go ahead and just charge you the lowest amount
to upgrade on a new unused ticket,
but beware that there a some who will charge you the
difference between the upgrade price and what UT paid Disney for the tickets
(which is LESS than YOU paid UT for the tickets.)

That can be a lot of money down the drain from your pocket.

Use your ticket to enter a theme park at least once before upgrading.
It can't HURT and it may very well HELP, financially.

Also, you need to KNOW exactly what your upgrade should cost before you
do the upgrade transaction.
There are many stories of CM's making costly mistakes by not following
correct upgrade procedures for guests.

Okay that makes sense. I was wondering why I would need to use the tix once for park entry before upgrading to PH if I bought the tix from Disney directly...BTW it is one flat rate of $55 per person to upgrade to PH right?

I must strongly caution you against calling "WDW" to find an answer to any kind of procedural question.
The "phone CM's" have no training nor info regarding those kind of processes.

There would be no definitive answer possible via a phone call.

That is why I recommended asking to speak to a manager. I had an issue over the phone about mis-information from a CM, so I asked to speak to the manager. She clarified everything for me and even mailed us a $50 GC, which was totally unnecessary, but very kind of her. She gave us the correct information and we had no problems.

I will gang up with you and agree, in particular with the last sentence.

The (non-misleading) answers remain "yes" to the OP's questions, and I'm truly sorry if a poorly-trained CM or a technical snafu causes anyone problems. Kaka occurs. ;)

You must of just perused my comment or misunderstood. I said nothing about asking a CM. I spoke about a manager. I agree asking a CM could get you a variation of responses. ;)

I've done it in the past but this trip in June 2013, they couldn't get them added to our KTTW cards. I spoke with a manager who said he couldn't do it anymore. It was causing too many problems when guests would get to the parks and their tickets wouldn't be working. This was at the ASMu resort.

It wasn't too much of an issue to have to carry both and I decided to do that rather than have a ticket problem later.

There were many threads I read last month about temporary issues with doing things with tickets. Yours is the first I read from that timeframe of someone saying they had just given up. All other dis people reported CMs saying it could be for but not right then.

You must of just perused my comment or misunderstood. I said nothing about asking a CM. I spoke about a manager. I agree asking a CM could get you a variation of responses. ;)

a manager is still a cm. and calling wdw just gets you to a call center so you are only getting the manager of a call center. Doing such a thing is simply a waste of time because they have NO training in tickets and their word will mean nothing to an in-park CM.

a manager is still a cm. and calling wdw just gets you to a call center so you are only getting the manager of a call center. Doing such a thing is simply a waste of time because they have NO training in tickets and their word will mean nothing to an in-park CM.

Nothing but net. :thumbsup2

Okay that makes sense. I was wondering why I would need to use the tix once for park entry before upgrading to PH if I bought the tix from Disney directly...BTW it is one flat rate of $55 per person to upgrade to PH right?

To add the Hopper to a new 2-day (or more) base ticket costs the flat rate of $59, plus tax.

Nothing but net. :thumbsup2

Actually you both are incorrect. Sometimes these threads can be a bit annoying especially when people are making assumptions.

I most certainly did not speak to a CM, that wasn't a manager. I spoke to a MANAGER, who trained the CM's who answer the disney booking phone lines. Which is why she chose to offer me a GC; because her authority gives her the option to make that decision. There are many other areas within disney, which have upper level management; such as, the management of housekeeping, the management of the CM's in the disney hotels etc.

At this point, it is obvious the op has gotten her answer, but I am unsure why you continue to negate my specific experience with using management as a resource. It is in option and in my case that option was helpful.

I hope the OP enjoys their Disney vacation!;)

Actually you both are incorrect. Sometimes these threads can be a bit annoying especially when people are making assumptions.

I most certainly did not speak to a CM, that wasn't a manager. I spoke to a MANAGER, who trained the CM's who answer the disney booking phone lines. Which is why she chose to offer me a GC; because her authority gives her the option to make that decision. There are many other areas within disney, which have upper level management; such as, the management of housekeeping, the management of the CM's in the disney hotels etc.

At this point, it is obvious the op has gotten her answer, but I am unsure why you continue to negate my specific experience with using management as a resource. It is in option and in my case that option was helpful.

I hope the OP enjoys their Disney vacation!;)

Whatever. OP had an accurate, non-misleading, non-annoying answer by Post #3.

I'm going to throw a new wrinkle in this thread!

I've always wanted to take the days off my 10 day, non expire hoppers and put them on our KTTW card. Here's the deal. We never go for 10 days. We go for 3 or 4 at the most. So, the first time I bring a 10 day nonex ticket to get it transfered.....

How would that be handled? Assuming I find a CM that knows the proper way to transfer from paper tickets to KTTW cards, can they just transfer a few days? Do they transfer all 10 and then we present our KTTW card the next time and get new ones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter