Yes, I'm On My Way - Surprise Trip 5 Years in the Making! - Non-Trip News 6/5/09

I'm going to run our numbers separately tomorrow now. I'm not sure if it'll help us or not, but it's worth a shot!

We went last June; it was such a perfect time! The weather wasn't too hot yet, and the crowds were very easy to deal with.

I hope it all works out for you.

I've never been in June...always late May or late August. But I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Have you thought about places you want to eat?

I hope it all works out for you.

I've never been in June...always late May or late August. But I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Have you thought about places you want to eat?

Yup! I think I have everything basically planned out; I'm so in to planning, it's sad.

I was going to update with more info tonight, but we're experiencing some really bad pre-spring storms right now. Wind gusts 60 mph+, softball sized hail, and multiple tornado warnings. I'll be turning my computer off soon once it moves more in to our area.

I hate storms. :scared1:

EDIT - Side ways rain in the county next to us. Yay!

What a wonderful suprise for your Mom. When are you going to tell them?
Can I be there, I love suprises!!

Now for the 1099. If the man you worked for, supplied the tools needed to do the job, ie: pens, paper, phone, etc. You were not self employed. If he told you how to do the job, ie: I need this form done this way, I want this paperwork done this way, you were not self employed. I hope this is making sense.

In other words, unless you bought your own supplies and did the work how you wanted to do it, you are not self employed. Once an employer, gives you the tools needed to do the job and tells you how to do it, you are his employee, not a sub-contractor. Hope this helps;)

Ok back to the pre trip report......More please. :teeth:

I tried; they pretty much said it was my fault, too. Oh well; like I said, live and learn. If I'd had to cancel our trip because of it, well..then it would've been a huge problem. :lmao: :lmao:

I am so sorry to hear about your mother; that's my biggest fear - that my mom won't be here to see her grandkids. We've been blessed so far, so I hope that continues!

I really want to do the 3-Day, too! But, I wasn't sure about it this year since many people don't have extra to donate to causes like that. I'll make it there some day.

That is so special about the Poly! Where's the link to your PTR?? PM me and I'll copy/paste the instructions for chapter linking that the BB poster gave me!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I haven't had time for a pre trip report yet that is one of my goal...I am less one class this semester so maybe i'll have time....but between school and my two brats...i mean wonderful children I really do not know if i'll have time....you'll be the first to know when I start..

Yay!!! I am so glad that you decided to still take the trip. You worked too hard and for too long to let some jerk ruin it for you!
I too, have always been a huge Disney fan. When I got married in July 1999, we had subtle little hints of Disney in our wedding..it was Mickey and Minnie's 50th wedding anniversary that year, so there were so many cute decorations!
In December 2002, we had our daughter, and took her in Oct 2006. She loved it and can still remember so much about it. We went back and took my Dad in December 2007 and stayed off site (never again!).
So, here we are, 10 years later from that wonderful honeymoon and we are surprising my daughter who is now 6. We are taking her next week and I can't wait. She will be sooo surprised!
I think what you are doing for your Mom is a wonderful thng, and I cannot wait to read more!

Yup! I think I have everything basically planned out; I'm so in to planning, it's sad.

I was going to update with more info tonight, but we're experiencing some really bad pre-spring storms right now. Wind gusts 60 mph+, softball sized hail, and multiple tornado warnings. I'll be turning my computer off soon once it moves more in to our area.

I hate storms. :scared1:

EDIT - Side ways rain in the county next to us. Yay!

Oh I love planning--that's part of the fun. I have the 2009 Unofficial Guide too..I've been reading through it--and will be reading it from cover to cover AGAIN!! WDW has changed so much in fourteen years, I probably won't reconginze it.

I do not like storms at all!! We're supposed to get some of what you're getting tomorrow.

Hi Heather, another Heather here! My step mom is a breast cancer survivor also. i think it is wonderful what you are doing for your mother. As for your ex-boss, what a jerk! I think that your DH must be a wonderful guy to tell you let's still do Disney. Can't wait to read more!

What a wonderful suprise for your Mom. When are you going to tell them?
Can I be there, I love suprises!!

Now for the 1099. If the man you worked for, supplied the tools needed to do the job, ie: pens, paper, phone, etc. You were not self employed. If he told you how to do the job, ie: I need this form done this way, I want this paperwork done this way, you were not self employed. I hope this is making sense.

In other words, unless you bought your own supplies and did the work how you wanted to do it, you are not self employed. Once an employer, gives you the tools needed to do the job and tells you how to do it, you are his employee, not a sub-contractor. Hope this helps;)

Ok back to the pre trip report......More please. :teeth:

I'm sure DM would love a bunch of DISers showing up at her house when we tell her; really, I'm not being sarcastic. She is such a people person! We're planning on telling her for her birthday (June 1); she'll need some time to arrange things with her daycare and my dad will need time to schedule off. (So, they'll basically have 2 months to work that all out.)

I definitely was told how and what to do; I'm going to continue looking in to it, but I'm not sure if it's worth going to a tax attorney. By the time we'd pay fees there, we'd probably be in about the same boat. Plus, I need letters of rec from this man for law school, and I just hate to burn bridges (especially, since he knows one of my mom's best friends. That's how I'd originally heard about the job.)

Yay!!! I am so glad that you decided to still take the trip. You worked too hard and for too long to let some jerk ruin it for you!
I too, have always been a huge Disney fan. When I got married in July 1999, we had subtle little hints of Disney in our wedding..it was Mickey and Minnie's 50th wedding anniversary that year, so there were so many cute decorations!
In December 2002, we had our daughter, and took her in Oct 2006. She loved it and can still remember so much about it. We went back and took my Dad in December 2007 and stayed off site (never again!).
So, here we are, 10 years later from that wonderful honeymoon and we are surprising my daughter who is now 6. We are taking her next week and I can't wait. She will be sooo surprised!
I think what you are doing for your Mom is a wonderful thng, and I cannot wait to read more!

We had little hints of Disney, too! Our father/daughter dance mentioned Cinderella (song by Steven Curtis Chapman), we had our ears, and everyone sang the Mickey Mouse Club theme song when we left. It was hilarious! Oh! And, our string quartet may have played several Disney love songs pre-ceremony when they were warming up. :laughing:

That is so exciting! I still have so many memories of our trips starting around when I was 6. (Don't remember anything before that; no surprise. Haha.) You will have to let me know how your trip goes!!

Hi Heather, another Heather here! My step mom is a breast cancer survivor also. i think it is wonderful what you are doing for your mother. As for your ex-boss, what a jerk! I think that your DH must be a wonderful guy to tell you let's still do Disney. Can't wait to read more!

I'm pretty partial to Heathers; they seem to be pretty great women. :rolleyes1 I don't think there is a day that goes by where I don't meet someone that has been through breast cancer or has someone in their immediate family who has had it. It's a horrible disease to battle, but the support network out there never ceases to amaze me. I hope your step mom stays in the clear, too!

DH is great; he used to roll his eyes at me about WDW, but after our honeymoon, he understands. He still leaves the planning up to me and just rolls with everything, but I know he's bouncing up and down inside like a 5-year old girl that we're getting to go again!

Hey Heather,
I saw your comments on the budget board about the asociated content (specifically about the 10 free things to do at disney thing). Can you explain what that is a little more. I am always looking for ways to earn extra disney dollars?
TIA

Hey Heather,
I saw your comments on the budget board about the asociated content (specifically about the 10 free things to do at disney thing). Can you explain what that is a little more. I am always looking for ways to earn extra disney dollars?
TIA

I'll shoot you a PM!

I see you write for Associated content? I'll have to check that out myself--the ten free things at Disney :)

Hope your day is a little better. We're getting high winds here today but the rain/thunderstorm threat is pretty nil!!

I see you write for Associated content? I'll have to check that out myself--the ten free things at Disney :)

Hope your day is a little better. We're getting high winds here today but the rain/thunderstorm threat is pretty nil!!

I do! It's a great extra hobby for a bit of a side bonus to save for our trip. I can't link my writer's page in a forum; learned that a while ago. :rotfl: If you'd like more info though, let me know! (I don't get some bonus or something for sending people over to join; I just like to encourage people to write...with their own ideas...not ripping them off from a forum. :rotfl2: )

What a wonderful trip! Your parents are going to absolutely love this!! I can't wait to hear all about their reactions when you tell them! You and your DH are a very good looking couple ;) and I love your honeymoon hats!

I'm so sorry about your tax stuff. My DH and I are nervous about filing--our parents have always done it for us. But my mom said she'll walk through it all with us... Gosh--I'm sorry about yours!! I can't even imagine! Have you looked into getting that $600 per person thing that people could apply for? We're getting it this year. But at least you still get to go to Disney!!! :) :) Hopefully things will look up.

What a wonderful trip! Your parents are going to absolutely love this!! I can't wait to hear all about their reactions when you tell them! You and your DH are a very good looking couple ;) and I love your honeymoon hats!

I'm so sorry about your tax stuff. My DH and I are nervous about filing--our parents have always done it for us. But my mom said she'll walk through it all with us... Gosh--I'm sorry about yours!! I can't even imagine! Have you looked into getting that $600 per person thing that people could apply for? We're getting it this year. But at least you still get to go to Disney!!! :) :) Hopefully things will look up.

Thank you for the compliments!! You guys are adorable, too! DIS has such great looking members. ;)

Yeah, this is our first year to file on our own, too. It officially means we're adults, and it stinks. :rotfl2: The Turbo Tax program has an online trial that you can play around with; it'll let you plug everything in for free and tell you what you'll get back. If you want to upgrade and pay to use the program to file, it's not much (under $50.00) for the basic version. But, it is a good way to play around with your numbers and see what it gives you.

Do you mind me asking what the rebate you're talking about is? I haven't seen anything like that in Turbo Tax, and I'd love to find out we missed something!! Is there a new program, or is that for if you didn't get the stimulus rebate from last year? (They ran out of money, to my understanding, so some people were told they'd get it this year, instead.) Any info you have would be great!!!!

I do! It's a great extra hobby for a bit of a side bonus to save for our trip. I can't link my writer's page in a forum; learned that a while ago. :rotfl: If you'd like more info though, let me know! (I don't get some bonus or something for sending people over to join; I just like to encourage people to write...with their own ideas...not ripping them off from a forum. :rotfl2: )

I sent you a PM about associated content :)

Thank you so much for your compliment!

And, I'm excited to see another September planner! How much do you have done??

Hi!

I've pretty much just been searching for fun places to eat while we're there. Only for Disney do we choose where we will eat 7 months in advance!:rotfl: :rotfl: Oh, I forgot to tell you that we have something in common other than disney.... we both have husbands named Brad!

Hi!

I've pretty much just been searching for fun places to eat while we're there. Only for Disney do we choose where we will eat 7 months in advance!:rotfl: :rotfl: Oh, I forgot to tell you that we have something in common other than disney.... we both have husbands named Brad!

I love my Brad; I think it's a pretty great name. I'm sure yours is a great one, too. ;)

Well, we paid our deposit as soon as I got home tonight! We're officially booked!

These are our the main plans:
September 4 - Leave DFW early (drive) & stop around 10pm-11pm
September 5 - Arrive at WDW & check in to POP; go to a park
September 6 - WDW Park
September 7 - Day Off/DTD (since it's Labor Day)
September 8 - US day (please don't hate me; my mom loves US, and this trip is about her!)
September 9 - US Day
September 10 - WDW Park
September 11 - WDW Park
September 12 - WDW Park
September 13 - Back to DFW

We've never stayed at POP; I'm pretty excited about it. DH and I stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon and I absolutely adored that resort. I've stayed at most of the mods and all of the All-Stars during previous trips. (We'll make it to the Deluxe some day!)

Here are a couple more pics from our last trip together:
Dad.jpg

Pooh.jpg

This picture leads to the story about why we're driving instead of flying: (DH & I on our honeymoon flight; this was the day after our wedding, so please excuse the no-sleep-for-a-week-and-no-make-up-look)
Plane.jpg

To try and make a really long story short for blog purposes, we were about 20 minutes in to our flight back to DFW. Everything was going fine; the seatbelt sign was off, so many people were up and around, unbuckled, and the flight attendants were passing out drinks and snacks.

All of a sudden, our plane fell. No turbulence or any type of bumps - it just fell straight down. The liquid in people's cups crystalized, flew upwards to the ceiling, and fell back down to hit everyone. The drink carts were flying up and down the aisles; one flight attendant got gashed in the back of her leg. People flew out of their seats and many were hurt; the glassware in first class smashed against the walls.

We fell two more times before the pilot finally got the plane back up; he was on the speaker screaming at people to get in their seats. People were sobbing quietly and praying the rest of the flight - another hour and a half. I literally thought that our plane was going to crash.

Our flight attendant said she'd never experienced anything like that in her 28 years on the job; when we finally landed, they damaged out our plane and the flight attendant told us there was no storm or weather issues on the radars - our plane just fell.

Walking off the plane in to the airport was one of the most emotional experiences of my life; my friend in the air force said we had to fall "a long ways" for the liquid to crystalize like that. (He wouldn't tell me what that meant as I was already scared as it was.)

Two weeks later, I had to get on another plane to Orlando (and then, of course back to DFW) to go on a cruise with DH's side of the family. I had my first (and only) panic attack of my life the night before; I was sick the whole flight there, and I didn't enjoy the cruise because I was just dreading getting back on the plane to DFW. (Again, I sat shivering next to DH on the way home.)

So, it hasn't even been a year, and I'm now terrified of getting back on a plane. I'd rather not do it any time soon; and, I was never scared of flying before, but now, I know when I am ready, I'm going to have to get some assistance from my doctor.

To make this trip enjoyable for me (and DH, too - he was just as terrified as I was; but, he was a great newlywed husband and didn't show it until we got off the plane; he cried when we stepped foot on land), we aren't flying. Driving takes longer, but to me, it's less stressful, and we'll have more time to visit with one another. I've already planned what Disney CDs, DVDs, etc. to pack with us!

UP NEXT: Tentative Dining Plans

P.S. I'm going to add chapters to the first post soon! Until then, how do I update my title for the PTR?? I can't figure it out and want to put my update notes in the title! Thanks!

Link to the Next Update

Well, we paid our deposit as soon as I got home tonight! We're officially booked!

September 6 - WDW Park
September 8 - US day (please don't hate me; my mom loves US, and this trip is about her!)
September 9 - US Day
September 10 - WDW Park
September 11 - WDW Park
September 12 - WDW Park

We've never stayed at POP; I'm pretty excited about it. DH and I stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon and I absolutely adored that resort. I've stayed at most of the mods and all of the All-Stars during previous trips. (We'll make it to the Deluxe some day!)

Here are a couple more pics from our last trip together:
Dad.jpg

Pooh.jpg

This picture leads to the story about why we're driving instead of flying: (DH & I on our honeymoon flight; this was the day after our wedding, so please excuse the no-sleep-for-a-week-and-no-make-up-look)
Plane.jpg

To try and make a really long story short for blog purposes, we were about 20 minutes in to our flight back to DFW. Everything was going fine; the seatbelt sign was off, so many people were up and around, unbuckled, and the flight attendants were passing out drinks and snacks.

All of a sudden, our plane fell. No turbulence or any type of bumps - it just fell straight down. The liquid in people's cups crystalized, flew upwards to the ceiling, and fell back down to hit everyone. The drink carts were flying up and down the aisles; one flight attendant got gashed in the back of her leg. People flew out of their seats and many were hurt; the glassware in first class smashed against the walls.

We fell two more times before the pilot finally got the plane back up; he was on the speaker screaming at people to get in their seats. People were sobbing quietly and praying the rest of the flight - another hour and a half. I literally thought that our plane was going to crash.

Our flight attendant said she'd never experienced anything like that in her 28 years on the job; when we finally landed, they damaged out our plane and the flight attendant told us there was no storm or weather issues on the radars - our plane just fell.

Walking off the plane in to the airport was one of the most emotional experiences of my life; my friend in the air force said we had to fall "a long ways" for the liquid to crystalize like that. (He wouldn't tell me what that meant as I was already scared as it was.)

Two weeks later, I had to get on another plane to Orlando (and then, of course back to DFW) to go on a cruise with DH's side of the family. I had my first (and only) panic attack of my life the night before; I was sick the whole flight there, and I didn't enjoy the cruise because I was just dreading getting back on the plane to DFW. (Again, I sat shivering next to DH on the way home.)

So, it hasn't even been a year, and I'm now terrified of getting back on a plane. I'd rather not do it any time soon; and, I was never scared of flying before, but now, I know when I am ready, I'm going to have to get some assistance from my doctor.

To make this trip enjoyable for me (and DH, too - he was just as terrified as I was; but, he was a great newlywed husband and didn't show it until we got off the plane; he cried when we stepped foot on land), we aren't flying. Driving takes longer, but to me, it's less stressful, and we'll have more time to visit with one another. I've already planned what Disney CDs, DVDs, etc. to pack with us!

P.S. I'm going to add chapters to the first post soon! Until then, how do I update my title for the PTR?? I can't figure it out and want to put my update notes in the title! Thanks!

Hey...I can't blame you for taking an US day...you deserve it you know. Sounds like you've got a good start. We're staying at Pop as well---will let you know how it is.

As for your plane falling like that, I've never had that happen to me before either. Was there any explanation?

I can't wait to read more of your PTR :)

September 6 - WDW Park
September 9 - US Day
September 10 - WDW Park
September 11 - WDW Park
September 12 - WDW Park

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: On being booked

crazy about the plane. I work for an FAA repair station...hope it wasn't one of our parts that caused the fall :rolleyes1

To edit the title of the post click on "edit" then click "go advanced" then it should let you edit the title. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter