• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yes another stroller question!

jemh628

Mouseketeer
I need advice from all the wonderful DIS'ers...we will be traveling to WDW the end of February with DD9 and DD 7 months. We will be flying and had planned on bringing our graco travel system stroller. Now DH wants to get something different ( he was playing with the city micro at target.) My question for those that have traveled recently with an infant, will a change in strollers be that significant. We are booked at POR and will be utilizing the bus system ( although an upgrade to poly is being contemplated). Are strollers like the mini and micro easier to maneuver, fold up etc...? Thank you for any advice or comments.

IMO the smaller the better at Disney. I would find something that is comfortable, reclines, has storage, etc, but definitely smaller than a travel system stroller. If you want to take the infant car seat and you have a Graco brand, the Graco Mosaic stroller is AWESOME!! Bought it a year ago for a family trip to Colorado...and it will be going to Disney for my 22 mo old in Jan.

Kecia

When we took our son at 6 months we used our Bob Revolution stroller. The buss system is a very small part of the time spent at WDW. I would suggest taking a stroller that is easy to push and has the storage for everything.

I have yet to push a Graco that didn't feel like the brake was on or was dragging brick.

Since you have a 9yr old and an infant, I am guessing you will be able to stay in the park until closing. Since the infant will sleep anywhere or in the stroller at the baby care centers.

Also, we did not use the carseat with the stroller in the parks. We laid the seat flat to allow our son to wiggle and move.

Thank you for the responses. We were not planning on bringing the carseat just the stroller and are planning to go all day but do realize the baby will dictate some of what happens.

I have 2 year old twins and we have the citi mini double and love it. The strollers are very well made and are so much easier to push. My boys seem more comfortable in them also... which is pretty important since that will be where they spend a lot of time during your vacation.

I have 2 year old twins and we have the citi mini double and love it. The strollers are very well made and are so much easier to push. My boys seem more comfortable in them also... which is pretty important since that will be where they spend a lot of time during your vacation.

I agree the City Mini is the way to go. While I have a Graco and MacLaren at home, we rent the City Mini everytime at Disney. My now two year old even naps in it but she won't nap in our stroller at home. Her first visit was at 9 months and it worked well then too. We had no problems with the stroller switch. In fact, if I had known how great that this stroller is I would have bought it instead of the MacLauren. Since we have to fly, I rent (although I could have bought one for the amout we have paid to rent) that is another story. It folds easily and while it doesn't have as much storage as the Graco, it is enough for us.

We bought a City Mini strictly for all of our Disney trips. Our DD (2.5) LOVES it! While she does like to walk a lot of the time, she does get really comfortable in the stroller and will even nap right in it, which is nice. It's lightweight, super easy to fold up (one handed!) and pushes like a charm! Definitely recommend it!

We also brought the graco mosaic stroller. It worked great when we needed it. DD very seldom used it but it was great to have.

The city mini or britax b-agile are the way to go. Same stroller basically-get whichever you find a better price on. Try albeebaby and amazon.

Thank you again. I knew I would get wonderful information. I think we might invest in a city mini. In addition to Disney we go to amusement parks during the summer and it sounds like this would be much easier to handle and maneuver ( although our Graco did survive our two day trip in October to Busch Gardens to be fair).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter