Yes, Another REAS ???

newtodisney

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if adding REAS to your cruise price will change the total DU looks at to calculate your rebate amount?

For example: Our cruise total is $3889, which qualifies for a $100 rebate. If I add REAS for an additional $339 that would put our total up to $4228, which qualifies for a $150 rebate.

Has anyone else done this? If it really works this way, it would be like getting the REAS for $289.

Thanks!

Sorry REAS doesn't count for the rebate -

I give you an A for creativity, though!

The price we were originally quoted qualified for the $75 rebate. However, when we actually booked, we told our Dreams TA to go ahead and add the REAS. I wasn't expecting to receive the next level of rebate, because I figured REAS was not part of the "cruise price" that they use to calculate the rebate. But when she sent our confirmation email, she showed that we had been bumped up to the $100 rebate level. I don't know if this works only if you add it at time of booking or if you add it later would they bump you up as well. I would think so, but cannot say for sure.

Originally posted by BuzzBoyMom
Sorry REAS doesn't count for the rebate -

I give you an A for creativity, though!

That is incorrect.

Newtodisney--if your total price goes up to the next pricing tier you will get the additional rebate. So in your case if you would get the $150 rebate.

Sue Ellen

Thanks! I sent DU an email earlier but haven't received a response yet. It will certainly make the package more "saleable" to my DH at $289 vs $339. I supposed I could even deduct the $20 for Palos since we would definitely be doing that as well. So it really is only $269 for the Couples Message, Turn Down Service, Welcome Gifts, Breakfast in Bed, and the priceless benefit of having reservations secured ahead of time!

In case anyone else was curious...
Just received confirmation from DU that REAS will count towards cruise total in calculating rebate amount.

Here is another tricky question. Is the total for the rebate given per room or total rooms booked?

Here is the rebates i have currently:
I booked 2 rooms w/ Dreams.

1st room(REAS included) $2517 and I was given a $75 rebate
2nd Room $1827and I was given a $50 rebate

If the rebate is based on the total of both rooms....then I should have $150 in rebates because my total is over $4000. Anybody know which is right $125 in rebates or $150?

Thanks!

I thought it was combined, but if it isn't, you could put REAS on the other reservation, which would bring each room over $2000 and getting the $75 rebate on each ($150 total).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter