YES, another one

tsme

DIS Veteran
I love Disney! I do not like FP+. Last night at midnight, I was up like a crazy person to try & get the times that would be best for us with FP+. From the time it took me to select the trio option & go back to actually try to select better times individually, there were no more 7DMT FPs left. This is insane. (for the record I could do without 7DMT, but others wanted it) I do not like having to select FPs before the trip. And I think it's stupid that I got up at midnight to try & do it.
We used the FP+ system on our last trip & it didn't work well in the parks for various reasons, one being once in the parks I could never seem to be able to change them like advertised. And no, this will not stop us from going to Disney. It is my happy place. But I sure wish they would go back to the old FP system. It's just too much. Plus last time I stayed checking my phone because of it, til my DD fussed at me to put it away. I do not like it.

Welcome to the new Disney. Shortly, someone will be along to tell you to just keep checking the app constantly to see if a better time opens up (we checked multiple times daily for 60 days with no luck)...followed by another person who will tell you they had no problem scheduling everything exactly how they wanted it, without having to be up at midnight, 2 days before their trip.

I feel your pain. Hopefully your use of FP+ in the park will be better...or at least better than my experience was.

Shortly, someone will be along to tell you to just keep checking the app constantly to see if a better time opens up (we checked multiple times daily for 60 days with no luck)...followed by another person who will tell you they had no problem scheduling everything exactly how they wanted it, without having to be up at midnight, 2 days before their trip.
^^This!! Those people annoy the crap out of me...^^
Personally, I got up at midnight as well, got everything I wanted but I wasn't trying to get A&E this trip. Good thing since at 12am it was fully booked for my entire trip. I do see the benefits to this system, but the complete lack of availability and now testing taking away the stand-by lines is simply not right.

I totally agree with you. Also because Disney's system is so slow it took me 1.5 hours to plan seven days worth of fast pass plus reservations so I was up from midnight till 1:30 AM which for me is the middle of the night because I get up at 3:30 AM.

Just like you I was unable to get the reservations at the times I wanted for the things I wanted. I greatly miss the old system.

I totally agree with you. Also because Disney's system is so slow it took me 1.5 hours to plan seven days worth of fast pass plus reservations so I was up from midnight till 1:30 AM which for me is the middle of the night because I get up at 3:30 AM.

Just like you I was unable to get the reservations at the times I wanted for the things I wanted. I greatly miss the old system.

yeah, but now you get to sleep in while you're on vacation!!

yeah, but now you get to sleep in while you're on vacation!!

I don't necessarily agree with this, especially at MK. You only get 3 FPs. Yes you can get more after you use up those 3 in the parks, but the odds of getting the ones you want are not good. (learned this last trip). For my family we have more than 3 fav. rides in MK. For example, I booked FPs for 7DMT, PP, & BTM. If we want to ride SpaceM, SplashM, Winnie the Pooh, POC, any other popular ride, or Heaven help us 7DMT, PP, or BTM more than once without having to wait in long lines, we still have to get to the park early.

Welcome to the new Disney. Shortly, someone will be along to tell you to just keep checking the app constantly to see if a better time opens up (we checked multiple times daily for 60 days with no luck)...followed by another person who will tell you they had no problem scheduling everything exactly how they wanted it, without having to be up at midnight, 2 days before their trip.

I feel your pain. Hopefully your use of FP+ in the park will be better...or at least better than my experience was.

Yup:thumbsup2 We did get everything we wanted when I made our initial FP's at 60 days for our Aug. trip at about 8 a.m.(2nd with FP+) BUT, once in the park, when we wanted to change them, the app would NEVER open - even though it does every time for many people ;). And then at the kiosks there would be crazy lines and nothing available ever, even early in the day during a slow week. Even though for other people there were no lines and everything available during busy times ;).

This was me a little less than 60 days ago. I did not have a pleasant experience booking FP+. Fortunately, I will be there 9 days and managed to score A&E on my last two days ...ended up giving up one of those reservations to a fellow DISer on the October cancellation thread. However, I found the whole "reservation" idea frustrating, restrictive, and very user unfriendly.

My rant...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3318889

For example, I booked FPs for 7DMT, PP, & BTM. If we want to ride SpaceM, SplashM, Winnie the Pooh, POC, any other popular ride, or Heaven help us 7DMT, PP, or BTM more than once without having to wait in long lines, we still have to get to the park early.

This, I definitely believe, is very true.

You forgot to add the ever popular responses: Are you sure you're doing it right? And: If you don't like it, go somewhere else for vacation! There are plenty of people to take your place!

MK is a tough park to plan. After reviewing all my FP+ plans, I realized I had forgotten to book a FP+ for Splash Mountain. I was too busy worrying about the rides "everybody" was encouraging me to get FP for. I ended up changing some around. I am leaving Friday morning and I still don't know if my decisions were good or not. Checking out the wait times over the past week, I may have been way off base in thinking I could ride Jungle Cruise Standby. :crazy2:

I found getting up a midnight to schedule my FP+ ridiculous. I did get mostly everything I wanted, not at the times I wanted. I took the day off of work and when I woke up, I played with the times to get them more in line with our plans for the day. While I am now somewhat comfortable with the ride times I got, I agree that 3 for MK is just not enough. With HM closing a day after I arrive and my ADR's not reflecting us going to MK that day, I had to swing things around to get on HM which is one of my all time fav's. I did my ADR's at my 180 day mark. I was also trying to plan on what I may be able to do SB, but if SB goes away, I will be out of luck. I ended up spreading MK over 4 days out of 8, plus the MVMCP. That wasn't in my original plans. Somehow I will make it work. With medical issues I am looking at 2 hip replacements in the next year so a return trip in the near future to hit those rides I missed is not an option. I will make do and see as much as I can until I can return and with some pixie dust this will be fixed.:flower3:

^^This!! Those people annoy the crap out of me...^^
Personally, I got up at midnight as well, got everything I wanted but I wasn't trying to get A&E this trip. Good thing since at 12am it was fully booked for my entire trip. I do see the benefits to this system, but the complete lack of availability and now testing taking away the stand-by lines is simply not right.

I really think that MOST of us that are able to snag A&E have longer trips. Mine is 10 days and I will be in MK 4 of those days, so that is a lot of days to try. I got it on the first day I tried which was day 8 of my trip. But, there was nothing on day 1 or day 6. I wanted 7D for day 1 of my trip but nope. Could get one for day 6 and day 8. So yeah, if you are only going for 4-5 days (which by the way is how Disney packages a lot of their trips in my opinion as far as commercials) then you are SCREWED.

This really isn't fair... They need to get there system in order (yeah don't we all know it.) But, what I mean is that I booked 10 days of FP in less than 15 minutes. Never had the site lag at all (I was on my computer not app.) NOT CLAIMING YOU DIDN'T. Just saying that for some people they are able to get what they want, and others get NOTHING that they want and have a miserable experience doing it.

I don't necessarily agree with this, especially at MK. You only get 3 FPs. Yes you can get more after you use up those 3 in the parks, but the odds of getting the ones you want are not good. (learned this last trip). For my family we have more than 3 fav. rides in MK. For example, I booked FPs for 7DMT, PP, & BTM. If we want to ride SpaceM, SplashM, Winnie the Pooh, POC, any other popular ride, or Heaven help us 7DMT, PP, or BTM more than once without having to wait in long lines, we still have to get to the park early.

And I concur with you... Sleep in at Disney? We went to the beach in September. That is where you sleep in (even though I can't resist getting up and watching the sunrise over the water.) BUT DISNEY?? Never.

We just returned home last night. It was my DS25 first time with FP+. He hated every thing about it. We did a marathon day, visited 4 parks in one day. Had FP+ for HS, nothing at the other parks. Started at AK, lines were longer than we like, but we did ride the things we wanted. Hopped to HS, had fast passes all was well. Over to EPCOT, not great luck, but not bad. Hopped to Mk. What a nightmare, it was Saturday, but mercy. Park was open until 1:00 with EMH from 1:00 - 3:00, we got there around 9:30. You could not move it was so crowded, did not get on one ride because my son was unwilling to wait 40 minutes to ride POC or HM. We tried to ride during the fireworks and still a long wait. Then we are talking to a CM, DS25 was telling her how he hated the FP+ system, she agreed it was not a good thing. She told us that there was a 10 to 1 ratio of fast pass to stand by. Yep, 10 fast pass riders to 1 standby rider. No wonder everyone hates the system. My family has vacationed at Disney for 19 years, my sons grew up Disney, FP+ has taken DS25's joy out of the park. I really hope someone can chime in and tell me the 10 - 1 ratio is wrong.

Yep, I got my fp's booked the am of at about 9am and got all that I wanted. I didn't want the frozen m&g so that was okay. Got the mine train the last day in the am. I was surprised at how well it went...................THEN, I should have know NOthing is that simple:confused3 When my daughter did her fp's and tried to coordinate with mine, My fp's changed by themselves!!!! :sad1: Yes, I now had fp's for me only; it completely removed my husband. And I had booked these for 2 at 60 days out. My daughter booked at 35 days out. So I could rebook but lose the great time I had which coordinated with our adr's!!!!! I called Disney IT and they had to work on it to get my husband back on and at the same times we had:cheer2: Yea, all was well............Or was it???? I checked my fp's online to see the newly fixed ones, and you guessed it, my husband was not included once again, AND some of my daughters did not have her entire family on it either:sad: So, another long phone call to Disney IT. This time 2 IT members worked on the 2 sets of fp's and they said it was because we did not link our accounts right. Well, we DID link them right the first time. I don't know what happened but the glitch was fixed this time and we all have the times we want for all of us::beach::) So, that was our fast pass story. We will be in Disney world in November and hope the fp's work properly. I will let the other disers know how that goes. I guess you have to have a sense of humor about all this, or go crazy.?????

Yeah, but we were promised by the FP+ supporters that we didn't need to wake up early!!

I feel bad for OP, but why is it that others aren't allowed to express that they like FP+, but people are allowed to complain that they don't like it?

I like hearing both sides of who had good experiences and who had bad ones to help make more informed decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter