• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yes, another "crowds now" question

I'm just subbing since I'll be there on Friday. I'm planning to hit 3 parks on an extra day at the end of a business trip. I'm definitely starting with DHS. How are the crowds looking today?

We arrive on Oct 26th. I would like to know what the crowds will be like the week of Oct 19th. I think the crowds that week and the following week should be similar.

The CR is my favorite! I tried to book a Tower room in Jan. 08. for Nov. There was NO availability!! This happened last year, too. What's up with this??:confused3

Can anyone tell us how the crowds are today. We arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Very busy, I'm afraid. We go often, even at Christmas and Easter and I can tell you it's busy. As someone said, there are large, foreign tour groups and plenty of foreign accents. Everyone was very nice, but there were crowded contions. Yesterday we had luck at IOA, but otherwise, it's just busy.

I'm sure you'll still have fun and forewarned is forearmed, right? Just plan to tour as you would in the summer. I don't know what to tell anyone about Toy Story Mania. The line just to get a fast pass was silly.

Me, too - heck, we're ALL arriving on Thursday, aren't we :grouphug: !

KC:sunny:

you got that right, and with temps dipping in the 40's at night, I'm ready to soak up some sun!!

:wizard:
A crowded day at Disney is better than a cold day at here!!

I guess I'm confused about these crowds. UG had today as a 5, with MK being a "best park". People are saying these crowds are "like" summer crowds which would be more like a 9.

Could it be that UG is *that* off? Or I guess more likely a combination of other factors like promotions etc..?

We arrive 1 week from today, and I know we will have fun no matter what, but 8's and 9's are NOT what I had anticipated at all!!

{{{panicking}}} !

So diser's do you think that it has been unbelievably crowded this week because they have extended the free dining? I know free dining is not offered for my week of Oct 21-28? how do you think the crowds will be then? I am hoping that is the answer along with columbus day:) any thoughts???:confused3 :surfweb:

i just went back to look, it ended Oct 11 and picks up again Nov9. so I guess I answered my own question....

I think the crowds are pretty heavy right now. Today at noon the wait for the new Pixar ride at DHS was over 90 minutes, and fast passes were for 8 pm!! :scared1: :scared1:

Then, our bus ride to the MK was standing room only, AS WAS the monorail ride to the Poly for dinner. Huge crowds at the Poly waiting for Ohana. Monorail ride to MK afterwards was again, standing room only.

I visit in October every year and I find the crowds to be quite heavy.

Crowds this week are moderate... I definitely wouldn't say they were light by any stretch of the imagination but I have seen it much worse.

We were at MK on Sunday and Monday (for the morning and for MNSSHP) and there were quite a few people. That being said, the longest waits I saw was 40 minutes for Peter Pan and 30 minutes for Space Mountain.

Yesterday, at DHS, we arrived around 10 and got fastpasses for TSM. They seriously have a line just to get to the fastpass machines at it took about 5 minutes to get through. Our return time was around 1pm. When we came back, the standby line was 110 minutes! The rest of the park had decent wait times, though RnR did have a 60 minute wait towards the afternoon.

This morning we were at Epcot. Were able to ride Nemo and Figment without a wait. Mission Space had a 10 min standby, Test Track had a 30 minute standby and Soarin had a 40 minute standby. We didn't actually ride any of the bigger rides so I don't know if that was true or not. We left by noon.

Tomorrow we're heading to MK for EMH, then DHS for TSM, then ending the day in AK for evening EMH.

Wait for a few more days to pass so that Columbus Holiday guests have left & I think you will have a better idea of what the crowds will be like for the rest of October. I was there over the weekend and it was crowded, but I think it was mostly related to the holiday weekend and a lot of schools having a short holiday break or fall break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter