Yellow Lifeboats

DWALD

Earning My Ears
This will be our 5th Disney Cruise, our 1st on the Fantasy in May, 2012. My son loves to hang out on the verandah and watch the water below. He is concerned that he won't be able to look straight down from our verandah and see the water because the lifeboats will be in the way. Also, our stateroom is 8582, and I've been looking for a review of that room on the Dream because I figure it should be comparable. I haven"t been able to find one. Looking for some opinions, thanks:)

We just got off the Dream this past weekend and our room # was 8100. We had lifeboats just below us but it did not impeded us from looking at the water below. We could actually look down and see the running deck and lifeboats. Then look out and see the water below. At night it was nice looking because you could see the blue lights below lighting up the water.

Depending on where the room is location (either right above the lifeboat or inbetween two boats), you probably won't be able to look straight down to see where the ship meets the water. We had 7632 on the Dream and if you looked straight down, you saw the top of the lifeboat. But if you sit in the chairs, you just see water.

We did miss the straight down view just a bit. When we were on the Wonder in January, we enjoyed looking down and seeing the water lap at the side of the ship and the dolphins swimming along side it (which we wouldn't have been able to see on the Dream, if there were any dolphins). But that was only a very tiny disappointment considering everything else that the Dream has to offer :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter