• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

I really had no idea what the Year of a Million dreams meant. But we had 3!

My DD6 was not only Jr. Chef of the day at Akerhus, they chose her to be filmed!! So if you see a commercial with a beautiful blonde missing 2 front teeth, with a cinderella dress and a white chefs hat.. thats my baby!

Both DDs got the Tinkerbelle pins from a lovely waitress at LeCellier, and also.......

We rode in the parade at AK!!! I was crying, it was so beautiful to see all those thousands of happy faces and people waving. There are no words for how amazing that was.

Hi, all just wanted to say had to go to the post office today (wasn't home yesterday and the mailman left a card). I won the laynard with the pins on it. Also when I got home, I missed the mailman again and their was another slip for my daughter to pick something up. So I will be off to the post office again tomorrow. I am wondering what she won, will post as soon as I find out.

Aww all of you guys got very fortunate to get prizes! And congrats to you :) I know i'd be thrilled if when i went i won something. I went during April and we only saw the Dream team once. But they weren't giving out dreams that time they were just giving away some flyers of a firework event. Honestly i was kind of bummed out. (I'm 13 years old ;)) I went there with my hopes up. But i didn't have them so high for a reason. Are luck hasn't been so great lately. And it kind of stinks since we aren't going again this year. I've been mailing in postcards ever since March and i still haven't recieved anything. :sigh: Oh well... :( I still can't believe after so many people winning things. I didn't even a free icecream or something. Gah, my luck :(

Well congrats to the lucky one's who won!! :banana:

We won dream fastpasses! We were coming off Kilamanjaro Safaris around 9:15 on July 1st and we won dream fastpasses. We also had some magical moments - kids got to wake up Tinkerbelle, Ds got to pull the sword out of the stone in Fantasyland, ds got picked to play Gaston in Belle's Fairytale Theatre, kids all got picked in Capt. Jack's pirate tutorial, in-laws got an upgrade from standard view to waterview at YC, dd got tinkerbelle pins for doing something nice for her sister! In January we were the Family of the Day at Liberty Tree Tavern and got to ring the bell to open the restaurant.

It was our last day at WDW. We were getting off of Maelstrom, and we were met with a wonderful group of people who gave us all our YOAMD ears! We were so happy! Made our last day magical- even though we were sad to leave!

600303082505_0_ALB.jpg

570113082505_0_ALB.jpg
863013082505_0_ALB.jpg

Last week, I got notice that I had a large envelope from Disney. It turned out to be a WDW YOAMD lanyard and pin set. Came back from getting the paper this morning to find a notice taped to the door that I had a parcel from Disney. Turned out to be Disneyland YOAMD Mouse Ears. So, I decided to buy more prepaid postcards. Guess this answers DW's question if you can win more than once.

Sean

Friends of ours were staying at DL Grand Californian 1 night for their anniversary. I called that morning to order a gift basket for them as a suprise. They called that evening to thank me for the gift basket and let me know they got a DREAM. They were upgraded to the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE. How sweet is that? We leave for DL in just a few days and are staying with our friends. Hope some of that luck rubs off for the days we visit the parks.

Friends of ours were staying at DL Grand Californian 1 night for their anniversary. I called that morning to order a gift basket for them as a suprise. They called that evening to thank me for the gift basket and let me know they got a DREAM. They were upgraded to the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE. How sweet is that? We leave for DL in just a few days and are staying with our friends. Hope some of that luck rubs off for the days we visit the parks.

that is really cool! That makes me wonder whether they will upgrade anyone to a different resort alltogether? (ie. Pop Century to Caribbean Beach) I haven't heard of that happening to anyone as part of the YOMD, but then again I never heard of anyone getting "upgraded" to a diff. room with YOMD either.
If this did happen to anyone I'd like to hear about it. :)

We just got back two days ago from 10 days in WDW!

I got the Tinkerbell pins for doing something nice for my sister.

We got to meet the chef when we went to Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

We were staying at the Pop Century, and on our fourth day, when we came back to the room, there was a bucket filled with stuff - two Pop Century livestrong type bracelets, Pop Rocks and lollypops (for Pop Century) and balloons.

AND...........best of all - We were the Grand Marshals in The Main Street Family Fun Day Parade on July 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one more thing I didn't mention ==== it was very empty on this past Sunday at Magic Kingdom, and we were getting on the Mad Tea Cups, and me, my sister, and my dad all had our own cups, and there was an empty one next to us, and right before the ride started, Alice and the Mad Hatter got on the Tea Cup RIGHT next tp us! the whole ride, they were having a tea party! it was so cool!!!!!!

that sounds great. I'm hoping they are still in the giving mood when we're there in Dec. not only because of Christmas but because we'll also be there for our sons birthday

DW, DD and myself got the YOAMD lanyard sets this morning from the post office. Postcards do work!

My family was chosen to be the Family of the Day at Epcot on Friday April 13th. We got to have a family picture taken with all the characters (chip and dale, mickey, minnie, pluto and goofy). Then we got a special ride in the GM Test Track car. It picked us up in front of the fountain and drove us directly to the Test Track ride. We were able to ride the ride as much as we wanted to and then we were given special fast passes that allowed us to ride any ride we wanted in Epcot without a wait in line (these weren't dream fastpasses). I think it was our best Disney Vacation ever!

Cast Members pulled us off the ride upon exiting & We got to ride Tower of Terror again...my hubby, 3yo (who LOVES that ride and is RIGHT at 40 inches!), and myself. My son thought it was really cool...they took us up in a special elevator to the front of the line again, & presented him with a certificate when we got off the 2nd time!

DS4 and DS1 won certificates for being basketball stars in MGM, DS4 also got a certificate for picking up fruit outside Rockin Rollercoaster. And after just mentioning how I would LOVE to win the dream ears after seeing people at AK with them, we walked on Kilimanjaro Safaris and all won the ears!! On day 6 of our park days!!

2 days later we get home to find an orange slip in the mail for another pair of ears! This time from DL!!

And a guest spreading the magic, I was talking to a little boy before we got on Dumbo about his dream lanyard he had on and how I would love to win something cool like that. His dad pulled out his own lanyard and said Merry Christmas to me! I was so thankful!!

Back home and going out to buy more postcards tomorrow!

I was totally clueless about Year of a Million dreams until my cousin told me about it. Now I'm gaining more knowledge through your experiences.

My niece (3) is OBSESSED with Mary Poppins, so when we saw the opportunity to meet her in Fantasyland, we jumped! Luckily, and I mean LUCKILY (I can't imagine the tears if we had been turned away...), we were the last guests let in line. To our surprise, a CM (on the dream team, we would find out) started asking her all kinds of questions. She was given a certificate and declared "Princess of the Day" (complete with special sticker). She was taken to the front of the carousel line, an announcement was made (lots of fuss :cutie: ), and she got to ride Cinderella's horse.

It was such a little thing but such a perfect dream for her. princess:

I don't know if my mom already posted this, but I will anyways.
Last January, we were in WDW for a day before driving to Tampa for my brother's wedding. In the morning, we went to AK to do Everest and such. We got off Everest the first time and the line was still wicked short, so we went on again. We got to the end of the ride, where you get off, and there were 2 extra CM's standing there. The regular CM said into the microphone: "How was your ride? Congratulations, everyone on this train is getting a pair of dream ears!!" My mom looked at me and was like, "Wait, what did she say?" And I sai, "Omigod, mom! WE'RE GETTING DREAM EARS!!" And then we started freaking out, because all day my mom had been saying how much she wanted a pair. We had tons of fun walking around the park and being complimented by CMs. And as if that weren't enough, we were in line for PW when we all got Dream Fastpasses! It had to be the best day ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter