Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

(post edited to remove a link to a CM's livejournal; I've heard that he wanted it taken down)

I think some of the magic may be finding it's way to other places. While much smaller in scale, today in Boston, the MBTA is giving out $2 Dunkin Donuts gift cards to people that they see doing nice things for others on the subway, buses and trains.

So, for anyone in Boston, show some manners today and you might just get that coffee for free.

I think some of the magic may be finding it's way to other places. While much smaller in scale, today in Boston, the MBTA is giving out $2 Dunkin Donuts gift cards to people that they see doing nice things for others on the subway, buses and trains.

Wouldn't it be cool if the Magic really spread across the country??? Just think how much more pleasant everyone's lives would be??

I think we DIS people should start a campaign of doing one Magic thing for someone every day. There are so many of us that if we all do one thing, we can affect thousands of other folks every day! It doesn't have to be about money. It could be something really simple like letting someone in front of you in line at the grocery store. Something that really doesn't put you out too much, but makes another person smile. I know we can all come up with some cool ideas that don't cost a thing.

I enjoy reading all these stories, helps make my day even more magical.

We had so many incredible things happen to us last week! With 8 kids we attracted an enormous amount of attention everywhere we went from CMs and other guests. The things that meant the most to us were just the kind words about our family.

I didn't associate it with the new promotion at the time, but when we bought our Mickey ears we got the embroidery free. My dh and I were buying the hats for our 4 new kids while they were all with my parents and the lady told me it was free as part of a Magical Moment. We were at the hat shop on the end of main street on Saturday evening and it was a nice way to end the trip.

Gotta subscribe to this thread! I love the stories - keep 'em coming!!

76 more days till we're in WDW, can't wait! I hope to see folks getting something special.

When we went last December, we were exposed to lots of magic. First of all, the very first night we got there when I stopped at MK to get my annual pass. The CM was from Iowa, which is where we are from. She noticed that, and is from a town about 30 minutes from where I grew up. As we walked away she handed us a certificate to get 4 free ice-cream treats.

Our first full day in MK we went to ride the train and just missed it. In talking to the CM, we found out that she is also from Iowa. She let our girls be the guest conductors and sit in back. They got certificates and they also got to say, "All aboard." My younger DD thought she was supposed to say, "On the board." And, she YELLED it. Sorry for anyone on that train, but she loved it.

A guy in a suit at CR gave my girls free trading pins and made sure that they picked special ones.

My younger DD was really into the pin trading, and she had two people give her free pins, guests that is. She would ask if she could look, and they let her pick one. One guy gave her one from Tokyo Disney from the year she was born. It's a Valentine's Day pin.

But, we love to spread it too. My girls gave away pins. We gave away free fast passes. We shared wet wipes with sticky fingers.

"Kristy

Adoptive mom of Luke (10), Kathryn (8), Daniel (6), Joshua (6)
Just added (not adopted yet!) Paul (8), Caleb (5), Juliana (4), and Josiah (4) "

Kristy, you deserve all the magic they can give. I have two bio children and my hands are full. You have opened your heart to 8 children and I think that is just wonderful. Hope you have many magical days.

I love this thread.... Makes me want to be there right now....

BUT.... I do have a question.... there was a previous poster who said you could send post cards into a address to enter into the contest..... I went out and just purchased all my postcards and just called Disney to make sure that you could mail them because my husband kept saying he saw no address and thought you could only enter via computer.... People at Disney say the same... no mailing... just internet!!!! Anyone hear different? :confused3

Disney's Fab 4 said:
I love this thread.... Makes me want to be there right now....

BUT.... I do have a question.... there was a previous poster who said you could send post cards into a address to enter into the contest..... I went out and just purchased all my postcards and just called Disney to make sure that you could mail them because my husband kept saying he saw no address and thought you could only enter via computer.... People at Disney say the same... no mailing... just internet!!!! Anyone hear different? :confused3

Here's the official info on how to enter (besides being picked at WDW):

Also, starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3.5"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void.

Got this info from HERE

beattyfamily said:
Here's the official info on how to enter (besides being picked at WDW):

Also, starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3.5"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void.

Got this info from HERE

thank you..... :thumbsup2

I just love reading all these wonderful stories! Keep them coming please!

Looks like we may have to rename this thread & start a new one back up in a few days. Doesn't the contest begin Oct 1? Either way, great thread.

My boyfriend proposed to me last week when we were at Epcot. He knew I really wanted to get a picture with The Beast, Belle and Aurora. He talk to the cast member with Aurora and told her he was getting ready to propose to me and wanted to know if Aurora could come and pose with The Beast and Belle. She originially told him no, that they can't allow characters to pose like that. A few minutes later, she came back over and said since it was a special occasion, she was going to allow for Aurora to pose with Belle, The Beast and us. It was such a magical moment to have my boyfriend propose with some of my favorite characters watching, and I'm so grateful in that cast members help in making that moment even more special for us!

cnids00 said:
While we can't go back until September -07, I am mailing a postcard each for me, DH and DD EVERY day for as long as the celebration lasts :rotfl:

I bought 100 prestamped, prepaid postcards at the postoffice for 26.00 and will buy more before they are gone.

My thinking is, if you mail in you have a chance (if not being able to be at WDW) a chance just aswell as anyone else.

I mail them every day, except of course Sundays, maybe we'll win something, maybe not :thumbsup2

I had this same, exact thought, but then thought maybe it was too much. (Great minds think alike, eh? Or, as my DH likes to say, fools seldom differ.) :rotfl:

I'm doing it!!! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter