• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

Had to subscribe to this thread. I love hearing this. I'm leaving in 2 days and I'm getting all excited about the pixie dust.

This is the reason I love Disney so much - because they seem to go out of their way to make you feel special, even without special promotions. My husband and I went to Disney World on our honeymoon and it is unbelievable the amount of special treatment that we got! We wore our bride and groom pens and so many small things happened - we got free desserts, we got to be volunteers in shows, housekeeping decorated our room (we had bride and groom Mickey hats so that tipped them off), special treatment at shows, etc. We were truly made to feel special. My husband had initially agreed to go as a concession to me, but when we came back home he told everyone getting married that Disney was where they needed to honeymoon! I am so excited about going back this Feb with our DD(1) to experience more magic!

I too am reading these posts while at work - well, it is my lunch break! :rolleyes2
Anyway- thanks to you all posting your magical moments. It just reminds me of why I love Disney so much.

Fitswimmer said:
We went to Tony's one night for dinner with my niece and our waiter was so cute with her. He referred to her as "The Princess" which is what I've called her since she was born. She loved the extra attention he paid to her and we made sure to speak to the manager about him before we left. A YEAR LATER, we go back to Tony's for dinner and he's still there! When he sees her, he says "Ah, The Princess has come back to visit again!" I could not believe he remembered! That exchange cost Disney nothing, but it sure brought us back again and we never forgot it.

What a cute story!! :goodvibes

CM's -- and anyone in the service industry -- who have memories like that amaze me. On the Magic, the waiters not only remembered me from year to year, but even what my favorite drink was! And it wasn't like I spend every cruise lounging in the bars, drinking the week away. LOL

Disney CM's just always seem to set the service standard, and then continually exceed it.

-gina-

I'm enjoying this thread while at work, too! Only three more days of work and we'll be in Disney on Saturday! I can't wait... I really need this vacation! :Pinkbounc

I'll be sure to tell you all of any special things I notice! :wizard:

Subscribing - can't wait to hear more great YOMD stories.

These are great!

I think my dream job would be a "wish grantor" at Disney! How fabulous that would be!

What awesome stories!!! I can't wait to keep checking and seeing all the incredible things that happen to you guys!!!! :woohoo: As if I wasn't already excited enough....now I'm even more obsessed!!! :disrocks:

If anyone hears any details about the suite in the castle please post!!! If we won a night in that room I think I would die from happiness!!!!!! :faint: :bride:

Let the Magic continue!!!

glass- slippers said:
This is a great thread pixiedust: Can those who win wishes from mail in entries post here too?

Of course! I'd love to know if anyone wins something from a mail in entry. That reminds me -- I need to enter!! Good luck everyone!!

Not from Disney but from a Diser. She is leaving WDW and has a case of water they didn't use. She posted and I replied.

She is leaving the case of water at our hotel front desk for us along with a few other goodies. I feel like that is magical!

my magic moment was on my 30th birthday in june.We had dinner at crystal palace and when we arrived at our table they had covered it in mickey sparkles and streamers.Then they gave me a birthday cake and a card signed by all the characters.On the table next to us was a family with the lovliest little girl who was so excited to see Pooh and Eeyore.Her excitement made my birthday dinner all the more magical so before we left we gave them our streamers and sparkles.Her face lit up with the biggest smile that i will never forget.
Where else in the world do we get memories like these?

Once again Disney,through these boards, has worked its magic to lift my spirits. Gotta keep up with this thread! :dance3:

lillygator said:
These are great!

I think my dream job would be a "wish grantor" at Disney! How fabulous that would be!

Me too! Wouldn't that be so much fun? Mind you I would be an emotional wreck by the end of each day, the guest would have to promise not to cry, as I would be bawling along too!!

Excellent stories -- I look forward to reading more!

(Not a Million Dreams story, but I'm still thrilled that we were able to use a discount code and upgrade to a moderate, while still saving a few hundred dollars!) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter