Year of a Million Dreams

Pooh1215

Earning My Ears
Does the scrapbooking store in Downtown Disney have scrapping stuff pertaining to *the year of a million dreams*?

Thanks in advance,
Pooh

I looked on laughingplacestore.com but I didn't see anything. You can keep checking back though, I would think that they would get stuff in.

I had a very hard time finding stuff for the "Happiest homecoming on earth" last year, even in my many LSS. I finally ending up using non-scrapbook stuff and just keeping it away from my pictures.

Good luck, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

They did have a great HCOE specific kit. I'm crossing my fingers they happen to still have them when I'm down in a few weeks. It came with a BEAUTIFUL piece of Vellum with the decorated castle (mirror and all). I got one of that sheet from a friend that just needed the stickers, but I really would like to buy the whole kit.

The kit had some nice paper, but the only real HCOE branded items were a few small frames and a sheet of sticker borders. But that vellum is beautiful...right now I have it on a page by itself with just a piece of fireworks paper behind it - but I'm going to use something very delicate like removable photo corners to attach a simple title and use it as a title page. I'm hoping to get the whole kit on my next trip because I'll feel better about using that vellium (vellum? how do you spell that? LOL) if I have another one to keep. It's that beautiful.

So I do hope that they do one for the YoMD, but then again, with the nature of a "contest", you never know. Any locals that have checked the store lately?

NED

We just got back, no YOAMD things at the scrapbook store but what I did is take pics of those items everywhere. The monorail has Year of Million Dreams design, the lampposts had dreams banners on them, etc.

Thank you so much for your suggestion, we will be on the look out for YOAMD stuff in the park.

I have no idea about WDW, but I do know that Disneyland has a Year of a Million Dreams scrapbook kit that I got on...Oct. 22nd. In addition to that there's a sticker sheet, but I didn't like that so much so I didn't get it.

Moikturtle - Any interesting paper in that kit?

I'm going down in a few weeks, and I'm hoping upon hopes I find some of the HCOE kits on clearance...I hear the under $10 store at WDW occasionally gets stuff from the scrap store.

The castle vellum in the HCOE kits makes me so happy!

NED

Laughing Place actually does carry it too (though I totally wouldn't buy it there since it's double the price). Since Laughing Place seems to be based in Florida, and thus gets most of its products from WDW, you should have some luck of finding it at WDW now.

Here's the image they've got of it.
http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/3959L.jpg

And here's the sticker sheet I'd mentioned as well...
http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/3963L.jpg
It's kind of...got holographic background that kind of made it look kind of ugly/cheap to me. But that was just my opinion.

It's kind of deceiving I guess, since it's called "Where Dreams Come True" instead of "Year of a Million Dreams"...but that's the one for this year, since that's the saying all of the YOMD shirts and such have right now.

Hope that helps. :)

NewEnglandDisney said:
Moikturtle - Any interesting paper in that kit?

I'm going down in a few weeks, and I'm hoping upon hopes I find some of the HCOE kits on clearance...I hear the under $10 store at WDW occasionally gets stuff from the scrap store.

The castle vellum in the HCOE kits makes me so happy!

NED

That sure does help, Thanks!

I guess I understand why they are using the "Where Dreams Come True" tagline for this year instead. YOMD is great if you win, but not a great reminder if you didn't, LOL.

I wonder if the HCOE kits will end up on discount...any locals out there keeping an eye? I sure will when I go in a few weeks!

NED

My mum found the HCOE kit in the Under $10 store in Oct, it was actually in the 4 for $10 section (the ones with a green cross on them.) When I looked around the day after they'd all gone, I imagine they were snapped up fast!!!

LOL at $2.50 each I bet they did! And probably ended up on eBay LOL.

Nice to know they get scrap stuff there though, I had heard that before. I'll definately be checking on my next trip!

NED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter