Year of a Million Dreams Contest, did you win something?

wendygirl

Be Thankful IN Everything ... because HE LIVES!
We entered one post card a day for MONTHS! and we won! A Year of a Million Dreams lanyard with the special mickey/minnie pin and a donald/goofy pin too! It made our day! What about the rest of you Disney lovers? any prizes won?

3zvu5oj.jpg
[/IMG]

That's wild -- we won the same thing! When we were at Typhoon Lagoon in October (with my kids and in-laws), as we were getting off the family river rapids ride -- soaking wet -- two CM's were giving out lanyards with the Minnie/Mickey and Donald/Daisy pins. My kids really lucked out because the in-laws didn't care about the pins, so it started off their pin trading addiction with a whole group of pins to trade.

Of course, the money we spent on additional pins for the lanyard made me question (just a little) Disney's motives in this regard! But I loved the pins.

I, too, won a lanyard with two special pins. It was pretty interesting who it all panned out. I had sent in entries for about 3 weeks and then stopped, basically because I had little extra time. I went to the post office yesterday and was told that I had to "sign" to receive my package. It was a large padded envelope from "Disney Parks." Inside was a congratulatory card, along with my prize. I was totally siked! They could have sent me a pack of kool-aid and I still would have been excited! Afterall, getting ANYTHING in the mail from Disney or from DVC perks up my day.

I didn't enter by mail, but DD6 and I got Dream FastPasses at AK in December. We didn't expect to get anything and we were thrilled. They really made our day.

We went in December the week before Christmas. In the Children's clothing shop on Main Street...my girls were asked to participate in a magical moment. They got to pick the accessories for the Cinderella mannequin. They received a certificate and magic wands to commemorate the moment. But at the ripe ol' ages of 4 and 6...once they blew the pixie dust--my girls were only interested in picking it all up off of the floor for souvenirs.princess:

We won fast passes at MGM on December 21st! We were in the pre-show for ToT when we got picked. Very cool!!

We got to stay an hour past closing at MGM (along with maybe 1500 people who were also chosen) last month. We received a button as well. It was a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

In December, we were admiring and trying to find the hidden Mickey's in The Contemporary's Christmas display. We were laughing and having a great time and wondering how good the display would taste when a hotel employee came up and asked me about my pins and if I traded. I sheepishly said that I loved the pins that I have collected and really don't want to trade. He said good, you are just the type of person I'm looking for. He handed my daughter and I a pin set that contained a YOAMD pin and one to give away to bestow magic on someone else. It's not the "grandest" of gifts, but I love it anyway and I know I got to make someone else's day really happy too.

My daughter loved giving away her extra pin and she gave it to a girl with a nice pin lanyard while we were waiting for our ADR at Chef Mickey's!

I got those pins when I went to WDW in October. We were in the Haunted Mansion stretch room, and everyone got them. It was pretty cool. :thumbsup2 I was hoping to win a fastpass or those mouse ears in Disneyland just last week, but no such luck. :sad2:

Only a couple fastpasses at Epcot for MS... Im very unlucky when it comes to winning things.

I WISH I could win something. DH is a CM, and we're not allowed. :guilty:

They are doing some things for the CM's, too though. My husband has actually gotten a chair massage (in the middle of the day, while he was on the clock!) twice since the YOAMD started. That was fantastic, because he felt so good when he got home he gave ME a massage! I sure would love to have a cruise, though...

Congratulations on your win! :goodvibes I love the lanyard and pins! That would be a fun prize to get.

I've been sending in postcards but haven't won anything yet. We are going to WDW in August, and maybe something magical will happen then. Being at WDW itself is pure magic!

When my sister and I were waiting in the line to see Brian Dennehy (my ex-husband's cousin) do the Candelight procession we were joking and having fun with two wonderful CM's. One of them walked away and came back with another CM who said we had just been picked for a MM.
He brought us to the front of the theatre and we sat in the front row, first two seats in the middle aisle. It was nice at the time but when the show started all we could see was the orchestra.
It was the last show of the night and the last show Brian Dennehy did so I couldn't wait again to see it better.
Kind of like a MM that flopped. But it was a great show to listen to anyhow, Brian did a wonderful job. Peggie

We won, "Year of a Million Dreams" mickey shaped hat! I received a certified notice from the mail, so I went to the post office to get it and I could not wait to see what came from Disney.

I opened it right in the post office and it was that silly hat :rotfl:

I went to work late for this! :rotfl2:

Well it does feel good to win, but I am not sure what we are going to do with that hat!

When we were at DL in Nov. we won Dream Fastpasses. It really made our day because we only had 1 day to spend there and decided not to upgrade to the park hopper option. With the dream fastpasses it changed our ticket into a park hopper and we got to go over to DCA too.

In December, dh and I were chosen to be Grand Marshalls of the MK Family Day Parade. It was a blast! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter