Yeah we're going! Now help me with the value resorts!

melifeld

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone.

After a couple of months of going back and forth, we have decided to go to WDW the first week of January. DH finally agreed! So we are going for free dining. It is me, DH and DS3.

The budget is tight for this trip, so we need to stay at a value. We have only ever stayed at moderates before, and I am a little nervous about this. I know people go to the values all the time and love them. I need to choose a resort so I can book it!

I have a few questions:

1. Have any of the values been refurbished? If one has been done more recently I think I would prefer that.

2. Do some of the values have more activities than others? I thought I read about movies at the pool somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it again.

3. If you were in our shoes, which value would you pick and why?

Please keep in mind that we will have our car (we are driving down!), so transportation issues won't have too much of an effect.

Thanks everyone in advance for your input!

Pop just had rooms refurbished. I wouldn't stay anywhere other than Pop because the atmosphere is so FUN!!! I've never seen a schedule of activites for Pop but there probably is one somewhere. We stumble upon things going on in the lobby like kids hula hooping and dance time. There is hair wraps and temporary tattoos by the pool and the food court is really great! There are many great things about Pop and it is our #1 choice!

We have stayed at All Stars and POP, would give pop the edge, great pools, activites, and a super food court. The buses we thought were great. We have stayed both with and without kids, and loved it each time. For the All stars, Music remains our favorite.

I just stayed at Pop in Sept and got a refurbished room. They are real nice. I thought the lake in the back of the property was nice, and I wouldn't have any hesitation about staying there again. That was my first time at a value.

One more for Pop...stayed there in 05, 08 and again coming up in 11!!!
its fun, bright and colorful for the kiddos!!

One word: Pop! :cool1:

My husband PREFERS it - we went to POR for our anniversary, and after walking back and forth from our room to the lobby/Food Court, sweetly asked " Now WHY didn't we stay at Pop?"

It has everything you need, no problems with buses, nice pools, newly refurbished rooms and good food.

We've stayed at all the All Stars. We like Movies the best in the Toy Story (preferred room) section because we love the theming. The rooms are not bad, though not recently refurbished.

About four years ago I had my first stay in a value, ASMovies, and up until then my 10 trips had all been at DVC and deluxe resorts. I have to say I pleasantly surprised. For some reason I'd been expecting a room the equivalent of a cheap motel, but in my opinion the room was as good as any I'd stayed in at sat a Hilton or Doubletree. Only thing I do remember was that waiting for the bus was a little long on some days. Anyway, I'd highly recommend ASMovies though I know a lot of people think Pop is great. I actually almost stayed at Pop, but had to cancel plans.

By the way - I'll be there the first week of Jan. too!!!

POP has the newest rooms, lots of activities for kids, nice pools, good food court (although it can get really busy). AWESOME gift shop too !
I like ASMU as well, rooms were refurbed in 2007, I think. Overall I'd pick POP first, ASMU second.

All Stars Movies has the oldest rooms so personally I wouldn't stay there again.

We like Pop the best. Have stayed at all values many times. Pop is the newest value. It also has a lake. It is close to DTD and Epcot. Huge Mr. & Mrs. Potato head.

Thanks everyone for the input. We haven't decided yet. We're going to discuss this weekend. I'll let you know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter