Yeah! We just booked AKV for Nov. ???'s

TravelingJen24

DVC Member
We have never stayed at AKV and I was just lucky enough to book Nov 4-12 in a two bedroom at Kindani. I am totally excited and actually surprised that the standard view was less than OKW where we were originally going to stay. Couple of questions though.

1. How are the kids programs and what times are they open?
2. Do you think it is necessary to rent a car?
3. Any ideas on floors or room numbers?

Thank you for the help in advance.

I don't know if it was a typo, but I'll point out it's not Kindani - it's Kidani. Wouldn't want you to be embarrassed calling it by the wrong name!

It's a big resort, so getting a 2br for that time of year at this point is not surprising at all. It's not one of the harder resorts to get.

Can't help with the kids stuff. A car is never *necessary* but it sure gives you added convenience. Only you can judge if it's worth the extra expense. If you'll be traveling alot to other resorts (for meals) then a car would be a big time saver.

The lower the floor, the closer your view of the animals. This resort and Jambo House are the exceptions to the rule of thumb that the higher the floor the better the view - here you want to be low. You also want to have booked a savannah view room - otherwise there's not much point in staying there!

Hi Jen,

We stayed at Kidani last Nov around the same time. Loved the resort and our savanna view even with the long hallways. I would think kids would enjoy the pool too. I would suggest getting groceries for breakfast and snacks as the counter service place in over at AK Jambo. We were fine using the buses so it will just depend on what you are planning to do and your like/dislike of buses on whether a car is needed. Have a great time!

I agree that the savannah view room is the way to go, but if you are set on the standard, there are many public areas where you can view the animals. You just won't be able to view them from your balcony, which I really enjoyed.

We always rent a car when we are at Disney because we find it is just more convenient than the bus system, especially if we are leaving a park close to closing time.

However, getting one while staying at AKV would not be necessary if you are okay with having to take the bus everywhere. And, if you have an TS meals at any of the resorts planned (and not only at the parks), then you have to always go to a park or DTD and change buses to get to those resorts.

I have not stayed at the resort so I can't answer any of the other questions but congratulations on getting a room for your trip. It will be a lot of fun!!!

Thank you for the information. I'm sure that it will be a great trip. We have stayed at OKW, VWL, and BCV, so we are looking forward to trying another new hotel.

AKV kidani is our home resort and we love it. Last year we stayed in a studio standard room, had a view of the buses/parking lot, but that didn't bum us out at all.
This year we have a savannah view so hopefully that will be great, but honestly standard views aren't bad especially if you get to stay longer or in a 1 or 2 br by going standard. There are tons of animal viewing areas throughout the hotel so you will see animals regardless. We used to watch the animals while waiting for the elevator. The hotel itself is worth it just to be there and the atmosphere. They have tons of activities throughout the day for the kids, just check at the front desk there is a list of times for all the programs. The programs are wonderful, my ds 5 LOVED sitting and listening to the people describing their home life in Africa. It was truly a great experience, we can't wait to go back in Oct and take advantage of more programs (last year we were with a bunch of Disney newbies so a lot of time was spent running here and there so that they can see "everything" at the parks and we didn't have a lot of down time to hang out at the resort. This year it is just us and we are very excited to have a much more relaxing trip.

Thanks for that ajjollie23.

It doesn't seem like we ever spend that much time on the balconies of any of our resorts. This is not to say that if we could see the animals that we wouldn't spend some time doing it though. Honestly, I chose hotels for the rooms and amenities. I am looking forward to trying this one out especially because it appears to be geared toward children. Since it will be Nov. I'm not sure that we will try the pool or not, but our kids are really looking forward to the kids club. :banana:

Thanks for that ajjollie23.

It doesn't seem like we ever spend that much time on the balconies of any of our resorts. This is not to say that if we could see the animals that we wouldn't spend some time doing it though. Honestly, I chose hotels for the rooms and amenities. I am looking forward to trying this one out especially because it appears to be geared toward children. Since it will be Nov. I'm not sure that we will try the pool or not, but our kids are really looking forward to the kids club. :banana:
we just got back from kidani april 2, we had a standard view studio....we loved it...i don't agree with the people who said if you don't have a savannah view there is no point to stay there...our view was of the bus stop and front lobby drive through...it was nice..there are places you can go to sit and watch the animals...it was a busy time of the year also (easter break) and there were not a lot of people on the balconies to watch the animals. i think you will love it there even with a standard view room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter