yeah discounts!!

lisaisanurse

Mouseketeer
:banana:

2 families =5 adults 9/8-9/16, 2 rooms, CSR, 7 day hoppers, 5 tickets to Universal, DxDP(oink oink, lol) and nonstop through SW air!

We put our down payments down through AAA. We bought a $500 Disney gift card and put $250 down on each booking (2 rooms @ CSR) AAA saved one booking $300 compared to Disney and saved the other booking $200 compared to Disney.:banana::cool1: the AAA discount will do if no others come our way !

it gets better though....:rotfl:

for those of you that don't live in Pittsburgh Steeler land, our main grocery store is Giant Eagle. For every $50 you spend at Giant eagle, you get .20 cents off a gallon of gas at the Get Go Gas stations! So, I got $109 dollars in free gas using the $500 Disneyy Gift card for down payment. That is an additional 22% discount on top of AAAwoohoo:(I will continue to tweek our reservation as discounts come out since I we are not leaving until 9/8 but I will be able to always have the gas discount on top of any other discount I use!:confused3) The fuel perks must be used by 90 days of purchasing the gas, not to worry, there are 4 vehichles involved, and everyone in Pittsburgh has extra gas cans because your entitled to 30 gallons per fill and no one wants to lose a free gallon of gas at almost $4 a gallon!!!

We plan on doing our whole trip in gift cards. We paid Southwest $1250 in Giftcards for the 5 of our airfares, getting us $150 in FREE gasoline!!!!

Giant Eagle sells Universal gift cards too, only 3 of us going to see Harry Potter. Tickets will be $400 and refillable cups will be $16 and one dining plan will be $20 ....we will get $55 in free gas for this purchase, making that $17+ off per ticket per person, yeah!

We bought a $200 Disney gift card for tipping purposes only since we are on the DxDP, that got us $24 dollars in free gasoline!:rotfl: Disney gift cards are like cash at Disney, I called prior!

will keep you updated as we pay off our trip in Gift cards,,,,:rotfl:
I hope other states have "fuel perks or something similar":cheer2: It really does help!

The only downfall, if trip is canceled, we get a heck of a Disney Gift card, but we will re book if something came up, someone in the family will use them!!!

:banana:

2 families =5 adults 9/8-9/16, 2 rooms, CSR, 7 day hoppers, 5 tickets to Universal, DxDP(oink oink, lol) and nonstop through SW air!

We put our down payments down through AAA. We bought a $500 Disney gift card and put $250 down on each booking (2 rooms @ CSR) AAA saved one booking $300 compared to Disney and saved the other booking $200 compared to Disney.:banana::cool1: the AAA discount will do if no others come our way !

it gets better though....:rotfl:

for those of you that don't live in Pittsburgh Steeler land, our main grocery store is Giant Eagle. For every $50 you spend at Giant eagle, you get .20 cents off a gallon of gas at the Get Go Gas stations! So, I got $109 dollars in free gas using the $500 Disneyy Gift card for down payment. That is an additional 22% discount on top of AAAwoohoo:(I will continue to tweek our reservation as discounts come out since I we are not leaving until 9/8 but I will be able to always have the gas discount on top of any other discount I use!:confused3) The fuel perks must be used by 90 days of purchasing the gas, not to worry, there are 4 vehichles involved, and everyone in Pittsburgh has extra gas cans because your entitled to 30 gallons per fill and no one wants to lose a free gallon of gas at almost $4 a gallon!!!

We plan on doing our whole trip in gift cards. We paid Southwest $1250 in Giftcards for the 5 of our airfares, getting us $150 in FREE gasoline!!!!

Giant Eagle sells Universal gift cards too, only 3 of us going to see Harry Potter. Tickets will be $400 and refillable cups will be $16 and one dining plan will be $20 ....we will get $55 in free gas for this purchase, making that $17+ off per ticket per person, yeah!

We bought a $200 Disney gift card for tipping purposes only since we are on the DxDP, that got us $24 dollars in free gasoline!:rotfl: Disney gift cards are like cash at Disney, I called prior!

will keep you updated as we pay off our trip in Gift cards,,,,:rotfl:
I hope other states have "fuel perks or something similar":cheer2: It really does help!

The only downfall, if trip is canceled, we get a heck of a Disney Gift card, but we will re book if something came up, someone in the family will use them!!!

I dont understand it but that sounds very cool and fun too....:goodvibes

holy wow on the number of kids you have, you go !!!!!:cool1: Very nice! My father is one of 14!!!!!! OMG!

for every $50 I spend at our grocery store, I get .20cents off a gallon of gas. I have a little card and it scans before checking out and it keeps your gas "perks" on it and you scan it at the gas station and for example, I went to the gas station the other day after buying $500 Disney gift card that I used for our down payments, My fuel perks card had $4.92 off per gallon of gas, gas was $3.75 per gallon, I didnt pay a dime, and I have the balance of $1.17 off per gallon of gas left....Our grocery store sells gift cards, disney, universal, southwest and tons more.....so we are paying our whole vacation with gift cards to get tons of free gas!
I bought $1250 worth of Southwest gift cards and paid all 5 of our airfares, that gave me $5.00 per gallon of gas. Unless gas is $5.00 per gallon, I get to use the remainder of that $5.00 the next time I fill up. You get a limit of 30 gallons per fill up, so we utilize this buy filling up gas cans to get every gallon we are entitled.....everyone in pittsburgh does it!!
In all, our trip including universal studios tickets, universal refillable mugs, universal dining plan for 2 days for lunches and early dinners, DxDP for 8 nights @ disney, 2 rooms at CSR from 9/8-9/16, (5)-7 day hopper passes, all 5 non stop airfares, (bought $200 disney gift card just for tips, and a fullsize rental car (we hate buses!)...it comes to about $9434 for both families. We are paying the entire trip in Gift cards, buying universal gift cards, South west gift cards, Disney Gift cards...........this will get us $1200 in free gasoline!

The total after free gasoline is $8234, this is a total for both families. One family has 2 adults one has 3 adults, seperate rooms of course! Our trip (2 ADULTS) comes out to be $3117 TOTAL, this includes DXDP for 8 nights, CSR 8 nights, non stop airfare via Southwest, 2 days universal tickets, dining at Universal, refillable mug at universal, tips for meals @ Disney, 8 night full size rental car (we just cant do the bus thing), our 7 day hopper passes. The family of 3 adults is costing $4117, everything the same as above except one more adult child.

Does that help?

holy wow on the number of kids you have, you go !!!!!:cool1: Very nice! My father is one of 14!!!!!! OMG!

for every $50 I spend at our grocery store, I get .20cents off a gallon of gas. I have a little card and it scans before checking out and it keeps your gas "perks" on it and you scan it at the gas station and for example, I went to the gas station the other day after buying $500 Disney gift card that I used for our down payments, My fuel perks card had $4.92 off per gallon of gas, gas was $3.75 per gallon, I didnt pay a dime, and I have the balance of $1.17 off per gallon of gas left....Our grocery store sells gift cards, disney, universal, southwest and tons more.....so we are paying our whole vacation with gift cards to get tons of free gas!
I bought $1250 worth of Southwest gift cards and paid all 5 of our airfares, that gave me $5.00 per gallon of gas. Unless gas is $5.00 per gallon, I get to use the remainder of that $5.00 the next time I fill up. You get a limit of 30 gallons per fill up, so we utilize this buy filling up gas cans to get every gallon we are entitled.....everyone in pittsburgh does it!!
In all, our trip including universal studios tickets, universal refillable mugs, universal dining plan for 2 days for lunches and early dinners, DxDP for 8 nights @ disney, 2 rooms at CSR from 9/8-9/16, (5)-7 day hopper passes, all 5 non stop airfares, (bought $200 disney gift card just for tips, and a fullsize rental car (we hate buses!)...it comes to about $9434 for both families. We are paying the entire trip in Gift cards, buying universal gift cards, South west gift cards, Disney Gift cards...........this will get us $1200 in free gasoline!

The total after free gasoline is $8234, this is a total for both families. One family has 2 adults one has 3 adults, seperate rooms of course! Our trip (2 ADULTS) comes out to be $3117 TOTAL, this includes DXDP for 8 nights, CSR 8 nights, non stop airfare via Southwest, 2 days universal tickets, dining at Universal, refillable mug at universal, tips for meals @ Disney, 8 night full size rental car (we just cant do the bus thing), our 7 day hopper passes. The family of 3 adults is costing $4117, everything the same as above except one more adult child.

Does that help?

LOL!!! Thanks!!! It is lots of fun!!!:thumbsup2

:worship::worship::worship: That is so AWESOME that you can do that!!!! We cant do ANYTHING like that here! That show extreme couponing....us folks up here in Canada are in awe...:love: Just keep on posting and let us know when you got some more free gas and stuff!!!! :thumbsup2

Maybe my Giant works differently here. We get $.10 per gallon for every $100 spent. So if I bought a $1000 gift card, I would be entitled to $1.00 off per gallon. This is only good for one fill up, and it has an expiration date.

I can't see how I could possibly get $100 worth of free gas and take advantage of it before the expiration date.

Does your supermarket work it differently?

Deb

Why did you make a second topic on this? :confused3

Yes, the OP posted this info last week on the resorts board, but this is the part that concerns me;

The only downfall, if trip is canceled, we get a heck of a Disney Gift card

In the event of trip cancellation it appears that the OP may not just be stuck with Disney GC's, but Southwest and Universal as well.

When I cancel a trip I have a much better need for cash back, not gift cards.

your concerned? I am concerned for our soldiers fighing in Iraq, I am concerned with the economy....are you really concerned? :rotfl: Forgive me if I make fun of that but it really is silly..

not that you deserve an explanation but, I got a private message from someone that stated the information helped her a lot and that I didn't have it located under the right Thread or something of that nature...I am new to this disboards, I can't remember which thread or topic I posted it under......so yeah, I posted it again...

good grief, lol........your not going to call the ditto poster police are you?:rotfl:

for those offended and concerned, read the paper and listen to the news, there are many more concerns in this world than my "second" post. good grief, it's about fuel perks for goodness sakes....

please don't be concerned, there is no scam being had, nothing illegal being done.......I just thought I would share with people another way they can save and go to Disney........that's what you get for sharing on the internet...........:3dglasses:scared1: Sorry I concerned you !!!!! You will have my resignation in the morning....on your desk!:dance3:

About the gift cards.....we have another trip to book near Christmas..so we can use them, IF we needed to cancel....everyone takes risks.........but it is something to think about!

:thumbsup2
your concerned? I am concerned for our soldiers fighing in Iraq, I am concerned with the economy....are you really concerned? :rotfl: Forgive me if I make fun of that but it really is silly..

not that you deserve an explanation but, I got a private message from someone that stated the information helped her a lot and that I didn't have it located under the right Thread or something of that nature...I am new to this disboards, I can't remember which thread or topic I posted it under......so yeah, I posted it again...

good grief, lol........your not going to call the ditto poster police are you?:rotfl:

for those offended and concerned, read the paper and listen to the news, there are many more concerns in this world than my "second" post. good grief, it's about fuel perks for goodness sakes....

please don't be concerned, there is no scam being had, nothing illegal being done.......I just thought I would share with people another way they can save and go to Disney........that's what you get for sharing on the internet...........:3dglasses:scared1: Sorry I concerned you !!!!! You will have my resignation in the morning....on your desk!:dance3:

:thumbsup2

I did the same gift card thing last week, but I bought enough to pay off my entire trip. Yep, $3,175 in gift cards. The next three and a half times I fill my van it will be free. The cashier commented that my purchase was the highest she ever had!:) And no, I'm not concerned at all. I've never had to cancel a trip (knock wood) and if I have to I'll just use them for the next trip so no worries here.:cool1: I'll take the discounts whereever I can get them. For this trip my DH and I got 2 Southwest credit cards for 4 RT flights after paying just $118 in annual membership fees, 30% off Seaworld and Aquatica tickets through my teacher's union, 20% off our Disney fishing excursion with a Birnbaum coupon, and we also got the summer free dining offer.:lovestruc Now if I could just get a great car rental deal I'll be set.:woohoo:

Maybe my Giant works differently here. We get $.10 per gallon for every $100 spent. So if I bought a $1000 gift card, I would be entitled to $1.00 off per gallon. This is only good for one fill up, and it has an expiration date.

I can't see how I could possibly get $100 worth of free gas and take advantage of it before the expiration date.

Does your supermarket work it differently?

Deb
Giant and Giant Eagle are two different chains. Having shopped at both, (being Military, we move a lot) I like Giant Eagle better :)

I did the same gift card thing last week, but I bought enough to pay off my entire trip. Yep, $3,175 in gift cards. The next three and a half times I fill my van it will be free. The cashier commented that my purchase was the highest she ever had!:) And no, I'm not concerned at all. I've never had to cancel a trip (knock wood) and if I have to I'll just use them for the next trip so no worries here.:cool1: I'll take the discounts whereever I can get them. For this trip my DH and I got 2 Southwest credit cards for 4 RT flights after paying just $118 in annual membership fees, 30% off Seaworld and Aquatica tickets through my teacher's union, 20% off our Disney fishing excursion with a Birnbaum coupon, and we also got the summer free dining offer.:lovestruc Now if I could just get a great car rental deal I'll be set.:woohoo:

You guys are so lucky!!!! Great job!!!:worship:

Hello fellow Steelers fan! We are doing the exact same thing! Unfortunately we had already booked and paid for our airfare when the promotion started, but we are buying gift cards to pay for our two nights before our DVC stay and our DXDP, which is a significant cost as there are 7 of us, 6 considered adults. We have APs already from last June's trip so we don't have to worry about that this time.
If something should happen we have to cancel (unlikely at this point, we go in June) we would save the cards for next trip, we own DVC so it's not like we won't be back ;)
We actually did this same thing for our last trip, I waited until they ran the 20 cent promotion for gift cards and got enough for our trip (including APs) Instead of carrying a card around to pay for tips, we charged them back to the room and then paid our room charge off with gift cards, works like a charm.

Op, I'm not offended with this thread nor am I concerned with how you decide spend your money. I'm all for sharing and receiving discounts. I'm not against gift cards. I've purchased them myself.

The thing that concerns ME is the risk associated for ME being stuck with thousands of dollars of GCs should we need to cancel our vacay. Yes, I used your words/situation as an example because you are after all, the OP of this thread.

Since this information is being posted on a public board I feel the need to bring up the risk associated with putting an entire vacation on gift cards. Believe it or not some people do not think about these things. If this makes me a martyr for "concern", then so be it.

Honestly, I have many things to be concerned with in my life right now, however, YOUR vacation is not one of them. So go ahead and "make fun" with all your little smilies...but don't put words in my mouth.

I too live in the 'Burgh and I love the Giant Eagel fuel perks! We are staying offsite but I suppose I could buy a Disney GC for the dining we will be doing. great idea!

My store is just about to participate in this promotion and I can't wait to get going on it. Regardless of what it saves me...it's a savings!

I'm not sure if it's Mickey Math or not ;) but I look at it as a 10% discount on everything I use the cards for :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter