Yeah - a new eatery at the Village!

DLPDreams

I am like a child in a sweet shop, hyper on sugar!
I'm really looking forward to this too! The Village needs something new! And simple fresh pasta (and pizza?) sounds perfect. Do we know where int he village it will slot in?

C x

It's outside of the Village if we are being honest ;)It will be in the old games arcade (Nex arcade) behind the cinema on the way to the old Disney Village parking

Great news! I only ate once at Vapiano in the Netherlands, but really loved the food. I wouldn't mind some other known food chains like Pizza Hut or Steak'n'Shake opening restaurants in the Village.

It's outside of the Village if we are being honest ;)It will be in the old games arcade (Nex arcade) behind the cinema on the way to the old Disney Village parking

So if you're leaving the parks, and you see World of Disney directly in front of you, it'll be down to the right from there?

C x

To add on to a Village thread, does the Earl of Sandwich in Paris have a similar menu to the one in the US? Specifically, does it have salads in addition to the sandwiches? I am gluten free and an EOS salad is always a good option for me, so I would love to have it there if needed.

To add on to a Village thread, does the Earl of Sandwich in Paris have a similar menu to the one in the US? Specifically, does it have salads in addition to the sandwiches? I am gluten free and an EOS salad is always a good option for me, so I would love to have it there if needed.

this is the French Earl of Sandwich franchise site, with the menu on there I believe -

http://www.earlofsandwich.fr/en/

So if you're leaving the parks, and you see World of Disney directly in front of you, it'll be down to the right from there?

C x

Yes :) You'd leave through the security exit and it would be on your left behind the cinema exit - The only hasle that I'm seeing is that you'd have to re pass security after your meal to get back into the Village or Parks. Which is mad - We have to do that atm when we go to the cinema, having left our car in the main carpark, as the cinema exits the other side of the security check point !

Thank you! You have been so helpful to me today. When you're a Disneyland and Disney World vet, it's overwhelming to plan for a whole new Disney vacation that you don't know!

no problem - I felt exactly the same way when I was planning my first WDW trip last year :). Once you've sorted out your hotel and tickets though, DLP requires far less planning than WDW does!

no problem - I felt exactly the same way when I was planning my first WDW trip last year :). Once you've sorted out your hotel and tickets though, DLP requires far less planning than WDW does!

Yes, the hotel is what I'm having the hardest time with. I'm a single woman traveling alone for this part and it's in 3 weeks or so, so not a lot of time. Onsite, offsite, or airbnb? I just don't know! How do I get to and from the airport? How do I get from the train station to the hotel? Etc etc. So many questions, and even harder when you don't speak the language!

Yes, WDW is definitely much more complicated! I hope you had a great time!

If it were me on my own, I personally would stay onsite - do room only if you don't want to buy a package. But, often you find with DLRP that their packages are less than room only as they often band the tickets onto packages for next to nothing. You'd need to call them unfortunately to get a room only price, can't do it on their site. Sometimes you get room only on the likes of Expedia - might be worth a try especially as your dates are quite soon, they often get later availability. Staying onsite means you literally are a 10 minute walk or so to the park. If you have the budget, the Disneyland Hotel is literally at the gates and such a nice hotel to stay in.

I agree with Elaine, DLRP is much easier than WDW, but appreciate the whole transport etc can be worrying.

You can book a private (or shared for smaller cost) shuttle with the likes of rstransports or ezyshuttle from the airport. The latter only do private, not shared. We have done shared once before and both ways we did not share. They both have websites where you can check it out. It is more expensive than the TGV from the airport but if you are concerned about being on your own and not knowing the language a shuttle is much easier. The owner of ezyshuttle is Irish - he tends to do (or did, I haven't used him for a while) a lot of the driving which tends to appeal to some because of the language thing.

If it were me on my own, I personally would stay onsite - do room only if you don't want to buy a package. But, often you find with DLRP that their packages are less than room only as they often band the tickets onto packages for next to nothing. You'd need to call them unfortunately to get a room only price, can't do it on their site. Sometimes you get room only on the likes of Expedia - might be worth a try especially as your dates are quite soon, they often get later availability. Staying onsite means you literally are a 10 minute walk or so to the park. If you have the budget, the Disneyland Hotel is literally at the gates and such a nice hotel to stay in.

I agree with Elaine, DLRP is much easier than WDW, but appreciate the whole transport etc can be worrying.

You can book a private (or shared for smaller cost) shuttle with the likes of rstransports or ezyshuttle from the airport. The latter only do private, not shared. We have done shared once before and both ways we did not share. They both have websites where you can check it out. It is more expensive than the TGV from the airport but if you are concerned about being on your own and not knowing the language a shuttle is much easier. The owner of ezyshuttle is Irish - he tends to do (or did, I haven't used him for a while) a lot of the driving which tends to appeal to some because of the language thing.

Thank you so much for this! I wish I had the budget for the Disneyland Hotel. Unfortunately, I am trying to do this on as much as a budget as possible. I am looking at staying at the Kyriad for $244 USD for 3 nights, not including park tickets so about $390 USD. The cheapest onsite package I could find was about $550 USD at the Hotel Cheyenne with 3 nights/4 days through the French site, which is still a lot for me.

How much would a shared shuttle be to the resort from the airport? Looks like taking the train is about 20 Euros. How long does it take to take TGV vs shuttle?

the TGV is easy and straightforward and as a single female I'd have no hesitation doing that, but its not the fastest or most convenient way, as its a scheduled service and so obviously you need to leave plenty of time between your plane arrival time and your TGV departure time from terminal 2 at CDG (and by that I mean you need to leave one hour at least). With a shared shuttle transfer through rstransports.com, its a 40-minute drive at the most, and the shuttle service collects you very near your exit gate and drops you off at your hotel reception. This costs 28 euros one way for one adult.

Elaine has answered your questions. I would book at shuttle as there isn't much in it cost wise and it is much less hassle. I had forgotten that when we go, there are 4 of us, so for us it is a fair bit more. But, I wouldn't travel from the airport any other way.

Have a look at the company's websites as they list everything on there - at least rstransports do.

Shame about the DLH but appreciate it is expensive. It's just it is sooo close for someone on their own but most of the hotels around Lake Disney are close too. Having said that, it's pretty safe around there, the most 'open' bit is around the train station Marne la Vallee by the Disney Village. Most of the offsite hotels are so close as well, using their shuttles or shared shuttles (free) from the hotels will get you by and there should be no issues. I've been with my two children before without my husband (he joined us later on the trip) and it was fine, but then I've been quite a few times before and can speak French, not fabulously but enough - although to be fair, you don't need it in DLRP itself at all. I'm sure you will be fine.

the TGV is easy and straightforward and as a single female I'd have no hesitation doing that, but its not the fastest or most convenient way, as its a scheduled service and so obviously you need to leave plenty of time between your plane arrival time and your TGV departure time from terminal 2 at CDG (and by that I mean you need to leave one hour at least). With a shared shuttle transfer through rstransports.com, its a 40-minute drive at the most, and the shuttle service collects you very near your exit gate and drops you off at your hotel reception. This costs 28 euros one way for one adult.

Thank you so much! I wouldn't have thought of a shuttle transfer, but now I may do it. I should mention that I live in Los Angeles and lived for many years in NYC, so neither big cities nor trains intimidate me. So this gives me something to think about.

Elaine has answered your questions. I would book at shuttle as there isn't much in it cost wise and it is much less hassle. I had forgotten that when we go, there are 4 of us, so for us it is a fair bit more. But, I wouldn't travel from the airport any other way.

Have a look at the company's websites as they list everything on there - at least rstransports do.

Shame about the DLH but appreciate it is expensive. It's just it is sooo close for someone on their own but most of the hotels around Lake Disney are close too. Having said that, it's pretty safe around there, the most 'open' bit is around the train station Marne la Vallee by the Disney Village. Most of the offsite hotels are so close as well, using their shuttles or shared shuttles (free) from the hotels will get you by and there should be no issues. I've been with my two children before without my husband (he joined us later on the trip) and it was fine, but then I've been quite a few times before and can speak French, not fabulously but enough - although to be fair, you don't need it in DLRP itself at all. I'm sure you will be fine.

Thanks! I'm going to be calling DLP in the morning and seeing about their room only rate. If it is too much, it will likely be the Kyriad Disneyland that I stay it. It looks to have the best price/reviews. It's weird to be doing this all alone! I usually do Disney trips with my best friend.

Yes :) You'd leave through the security exit and it would be on your left behind the cinema exit - The only hasle that I'm seeing is that you'd have to re pass security after your meal to get back into the Village or Parks. Which is mad - We have to do that atm when we go to the cinema, having left our car in the main carpark, as the cinema exits the other side of the security check point !

That is mad! lol You'd think they'd just change the security gates back a bit! Hey ho! I suppose it would be the same up the other end if you left the village, ate at a hotel restaurant, and then returned to the village!

Thank you! You have been so helpful to me today. When you're a Disneyland and Disney World vet, it's overwhelming to plan for a whole new Disney vacation that you don't know!

Oh I'll be looking for loads of Disneyland help in the coming years! Planning early for a 2020 trip! lol Never even been to America! (WDW pencilled in for 2023....not that I like to plan ahead.....!!)

Kyriad - keep in mind that it's fine as somewhere to sleep but it's not in the greatest of condition. As long as you're expecting that level, great!

C x

That is mad! lol You'd think they'd just change the security gates back a bit! Hey ho! I suppose it would be the same up the other end if you left the village, ate at a hotel restaurant, and then returned to the village!

Oh I'll be looking for loads of Disneyland help in the coming years! Planning early for a 2020 trip! lol Never even been to America! (WDW pencilled in for 2023....not that I like to plan ahead.....!!)

Kyriad - keep in mind that it's fine as somewhere to sleep but it's not in the greatest of condition. As long as you're expecting that level, great!

C x

Well feel free to pm me if you have Disneyland questions!

If you were going to stay onsite would you stay at Cheyenne or Santa Fe?

Well feel free to pm me if you have Disneyland questions!

If you were going to stay onsite would you stay at Cheyenne or Santa Fe?

Thank you - I may well do so!

Difficult question - LOVE the Cheyenne theming, but it's currently in the process of a much needed refurb. So right now, I'd say Santa Fe - recently had a refurb and we were impressed!

C x

FYI, SNCF stopped selling TGV tickets online from Roissy to Chessy in a way to help prevent people from blocking seats (trains typically leave from Northern France all the way to the South, and selling only seats within that connection would prevent others to book the train).

However, you can still buy tickets from the train station. At a last resort, you can even board the train without a ticket and speak to the train manager. Technically a reservation is required BUT you can always buy that ticket on board. There is a small service fee (8€ IIRC) but if you are fluent enough you can point that you were not able to buy your own ticket before departure (which is true for that journey) in which case the service fee is waived (provided you have a credit card to pay for the ticket at the regular price).

I speak as someone who lives in Paris so your mileage will vary; if I were to make this trip I would definitively ride the TGV for convenience, ease and safety: trains are dead on time and running at high-speed just around Paris is always nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter