YC waterviews worth it?

litlpixie

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! Going to be staying concierge at most likely YC next Spring and would like to know if paying for a waterview is worth the extra $$ after paying for concierge. Would love a lagoon view, but I know I cant be promised that and might end up with a side-view or pool view. I think I'd rather have a great garden view than a bad waterview. Any thoughts or experiences with YC waterviews?

BUMP!

I'm curious myself. I know the area is beautiful around the lake, but it doesn't have the same significance to me as a castle-view from a monorail resort.

Any thoughts, anyone?

We stayed at the BC concierge and had a waterview room. It overlooked Btorm-along bay. We could see Crestant Lake and the BWI too. It was a nice view but certainly not worth the extra 45.00 a night charge. Here's a link that'll show the rooms on the 5th floor (concierge) and where they are located. Maybe you could see if you could request one with the view you'd like. http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/ycfourthfifthflrmap.jpg

Paula

We paid for a lagoon view for our last YC stay. The view would have been great, however, the trees have gotten so tall the treetops were pretty much our view. We definately were not pleased. Love the YC, just not pleased with the lagoon view.

We stayed on the concierge floor a lot at the YC and have had all the views. I personally don't think it's worth the extra money for the waterview because you don't always get a great view. Sometimes you see trees and a sliver of the pool. I personally love the view that overlooking the garden and wedding gazebo, very peaceful.

this is my favorite resort and I always have stayed in Concierge. I have also always stayed in the same room! (I guess when you have stayed there once, they seem to meet your requests)...ok, here it is the best room there or I should say the floor...I always stay in 5221. this room is unreal....It is overlooking SAB...it looks out to the Boardwalk, all the boats. you can see France and the Fireworks from bed. I saw a double rainbow from the porch one day...and I use to sit out on the porch like....2-3 am and watch the Disney employers ever so quietly clean the pool area....really kool to watch!

I am staying in a waterview regular room in a few weeks and I asked for the 4221 floor!

The best view you can request is from the top of TOT. Save your money! :confused3

We were overlooking the Wedding Gazebo too and absolutely loved it. It was so much fun to come in from the parks and see all the couples getting married (we saw at least 10 weddings the second week in June). A couple even had Mickey and Minnie in their wedding attire (my DD said it was M & M getting married, too cute). We could also see a bit of waterview, but the peaceful garden setting, add the fun weddings and to us this was the best view. Have fun.
Lisa
Tiger Fan

If you are going to keep your standard/garden view, ask, beg or plead for lakeside. We had the most terrible view from our YC concierge room this past December. Thankfully it was too cold to sit out on the balcony, otherwise I would have gone right down and paid for the water view upgrade. Our room overlooked the parking lot to the left and the roof of the convention center on our immediate right. I know there are better garden views, just not on the front of the resort.

It really depends - we stayed at YC last August and had a great water view room - it was a corner room overlooking Crescent Bay. We really enjoyed sitting out on our balcony at night while the kids fell asleep. However, there are some lousy waterview rooms - while we have not had one at YC, we did have one at BC last December. It really irritated me to spend so much extra for a view of a pool.

If you go at a slower time of year and really push for a good view, you will very likely get a good view (I have done this in the past and always had great views - other than at BC). At crowded times of the year, it is less likely.

disneyworld!: I saw that same double rainbow!! Even took a picture of it! It was beautiful......sigh....I've always loved our views at YC but we've always paid for lagoon view concierge.

Thanks for posting this question. We have been trying to decide if we should upgrade from Garden Concierge to Waterview Concierge. If we do decide to upgrade, what should we request in terms of best waterview concierge location?

Thanks!

Ok this is my question. We are going to stay at YC in Oct. If you go in the room and don't like the view do you think we could ask to be moved? I mean we are paying the extra money right ( I don't think we'd ask but hey you never know)

CharityLynn said:
Ok this is my question. We are going to stay at YC in Oct. If you go in the room and don't like the view do you think we could ask to be moved? I mean we are paying the extra money right ( I don't think we'd ask but hey you never know)
If you're not happy with the room you've been assigned, then yes, you can always ask to be moved. Of course it depends on resort occupancy and what's still available in that class of room.

I'm not sure what you mean about paying the extra money though. If you meant that you'd like to purchase an upgraded room view after checking in, then yes, if one is available, they will certainly let you purchase it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter