YC/BC Standard View Pics?

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Does anyone have any pictures of a STANDARD view from the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

Thank you!!

I don't have a picture handy, but I can tell you that when I stayed at the YC, my standard view room overlooked the wedding gazebo. We were in room 3154, one of only 4 rooms on that floor that were NOT water views but still overlooked the gazebo. We were close (but not next to) the elevator bank, so it was a really convenient location. Oh, and there was only a room on one side of us, so a little more quiet, too.

Oh, I do have a handy photo of the room we got at the BC last month. I booked a standard view, and this is what they gave me:

100_2411.jpg

I don't know if that was considered an upgrade or what. It was room 3719, and I would have gladly had a parking lot outside my window if it meant a shorter walk to the elevator! What the picture has cropped out is the wide expanse of stone-covered rooftop that was just outside our balcony. (A quick check of the old BC room map shows this is indeed a water view room.)

We were in room 1554. We requested first floor close to Epcot and that is exactly what we got! Here is the view:
The patio:
2006-08-05045.jpg

Sitting on the patio looking straight ahead:
2006-08-05043.jpg

The room itself:

2006-08-05033.jpg

2006-08-05035.jpg

2006-08-05037.jpg

Wazzo said:
So it IS possible to get a nice standard room!!

Thank you!! :thumbsup2

Oh, we LOVED our room!!! It was perfect for us. We spend a lot of time in Epcot which is why we requested first floor close to Epcot. We would step off our patio and get on the walkway to Epcot and be in the park in 5 minutes. Of course one person had to go through the door of the room so they could lock the patio door. I thought our view was great, very peaceful. The Beach Club is easily my favorite Disney resort. :thumbsup2

subscribing. I'm thinking of requesting that first floor as opposed to a full balcony. What would the cons to that be?

bettybeth said:
subscribing. I'm thinking of requesting that first floor as opposed to a full balcony. What would the cons to that be?

Some people don't like that people walk right by your door and can look in. I Don't understand why that's an issue. At night we have the drapes closed and if we're in there during the day we're just watching tv or something, who cares if someone looks in? I like requesting first floor because I don't want to chance getting a standing room only balcony.

One our last trip to the YC we had room number 3182 which had a HUGE shared balcony overlooking the front entrance. Given the view wasn't that great, the balcony size did make up for it. Also, we weren't in our room very much so the view didn't really matter.

Found one more...looking off the patio to the right.
2006-08-05044.jpg

This walkway connects to the walkway to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter