• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YAY were going to be in Disney for FOOD AND WINE festival..tell me all about it!!!!

Lynn5700

<font color=darkorchid>WOO HOO I will be there<br>
Hello!!! We have never been there for the Food and Wine festival so any info,tips,secrets would be great!!! Thank you!!!

Glad to read that you will be going to the F&W festival. We will also be at the F&W from Oct 1-10. This will be our 3rd F&W trip. The F&W is so neat. They have food booths set up all around the World showcase that you can sample small portions + wine and beer selections. Price for the samples range from $2-$6 . They also have free food & beer and wine seminars each day. Make sure you get there early for these. We try to do the festival Monday- Friday because the weekends are just packed . They also have the eat to the beat concerts at Epcot during this time. They have many classic rock acts performing. Mickey's Halloween Party is also going on at this time at the MK. You have to purchase a special ticket on selected nights for the party. Keep an eye on the Dis for more information on the festival.

Just to add to Ron's post, the F&W festival is our favorite event and we've gone every year for a while now. Specific details about this year will be released later this summer, but you can review info on last year to get an idea. FWIW:
  • Our favorite event is the Party for the Senses, a hard ticket event (separate price) on Saturday nights at EPCOT. It is an upscale cocktail party, so you walk around (limited seating) this large room eating and drinking, talking to the chefs and winemakers at times. There are food and wine stations scattered around, and you eat gourmet tastings done by visiting and WDW chefs, and drink all sorts of different wines. There is also entertainment by Cirque du Soleil.
  • Another favorite of ours are the Food & Wine pairings held mid-afternoon at various table service restaurants in EPCOT. We've done Coral Reef the past two years and loved it. A visiting winery provides 3 wines, and the chefs prepare food (smaller tasting portions) to go with each.
  • We also loved the South African Wine Adventure last year, hope to do something like that again this year.

Get to the countries right at 11 am to start sampling the foods. Go on Mon-Thurs and avoid Fri-Sun because of all the weekend crowds....you will be glad you did.

Share with your mate, that way you can sample alot of stuff

DONT try to eat it all in one day, you will never make it and I am telling you from experience

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

I always try and plan our trip to coincide with F&W. As DS is getting older it's getting trickier with school, but hopefully for a couple more years.

On the whole we enjoy most things, lots of hits, one or two misses. Our plan is usually to try and hit it at least a couple of times during our stay. I'm super excited this year as we are going to be at the Yacht Club. Have a feeling we will be there a lot more often. MK is my favorite park, but when F&W is on I love strolling around with my family. It's like one big cook out or something!! Really relaxing and fun.

In regards to kids DS is 7, and really enjoys it too. He's always been happy to trundle around with us (we usually take some toy cars with us for him to play with when we stop for a snack) I think the first time we went he was 3, and didn't once get bored. Having the train set in Germany, also the toy shop there, and the Japanese store which he likes too, helps. The great thing now is that he is getting much more adventurous with his food and loves to try something too. Though don't leave your chocolate truffles unattended as they mysteriously disappear, my chocolate covered son will have no knowledge of the "theft".

Hoping to go to Party for the Senses for the first time this year. Have DS all booked in to the kids club at the Beach Club (though I imagine he would quite enjoy all the sampling) I know the tickets usually don't go on sale until a lot later, August sometime?? So fingers crossed we can get what we want.

I've always found the lines to be pretty efficient in serving, even at the busiest times. You'll love it. Have fun!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO!!!!!! I just got off the phone with DISNEY and we are all booked from Oct 1-8!!!!!!!!!! We are going to to do Epcot all day that monday and we will be there before monday so we may start and hit up some of the stands early!!! Ahhh I'm super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and we are doing MNSSHP TOO!!!! On the 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter