Yay, we got our Southwest points today!

I reached my 2000 in the first month and my billing cycle ended on the 9th. My points were there right way. I just bought 3 tickets to Vegas for 15 dollars and still had points left over. I did add the early bird for another 75.00. I know it isn't WDW but I get to see my son that I haven't seen in a year.:)

I reached my 2000 in the first month and my billing cycle ended on the 9th. My points were there right way. I just bought 3 tickets to Vegas for 15 dollars and still had points left over. I did add the early bird for another 75.00. I know it isn't WDW but I get to see my son that I haven't seen in a year.:)

Weird. My billing cycle ended the 9th and as of today, I only got awarded points for my purchases which DID add up to over $2,000. (2016 points) :confused3 How is it that I got my paper statement (bill) via snail mail already but NOT my points which would be a simple electronic transaction?????

Weird. My billing cycle ended the 9th and as of today, I only got awarded points for my purchases which DID add up to over $2,000. (2016 points) :confused3 How is it that I got my paper statement (bill) via snail mail already but NOT my points which would be a simple electronic transaction?????[/ When I found out we got our points we checked our online statement and it took a day or two before it was transferred to southwest. Hopefully you will get it soon! :wizard:

When I found out we got our points we checked our online statement and it took a day or two before it was transferred to southwest. Hopefully you will get it soon! :wizard:

So they show up on the Chase statement before the SW Rapid Rewards account? Mine are still not showing on the either. I wonder if it's because my last purchase (the one that put us over the $2,000) was made very close to the 9th (statement closing) It DID post to the statement before closing but it was on the 7th, so close.

So they show up on the Chase statement before the SW Rapid Rewards account? Mine are still not showing on the either. I wonder if it's because my last purchase (the one that put us over the $2,000) was made very close to the 9th (statement closing) It DID post to the statement before closing but it was on the 7th, so close.

Yes our points showed up on the chase statement first and then the southwest rewards account a day or two later. We had our total of $2000 I think about a week before the closing, I don't know if that made a difference? :confused3 Maybe someone else might know. :goodvibes

I signed up and have been stalking my Southwest account to see when the points would be posted. Finally, I see they posted and they only gave me 25k points for the bonus offer. :confused3 I called up because I signed up during the 50k bonus offer, and they told me they put a request in and I have to wait another 7-10 business days for a decision. I'm using the points to book flights for our May trip, so I've been itching to get it done with!! Hope they come back with good news soon

Just called Chase SW Visa. Was told that the promo points (50k) will not show up in my Rapid Rewards account until 6-8 weeks after the date when I met the $2000 spending requirement.
Great! So I guess I'm not going to be like others here where the points are awarded days after the statement closing of the month you meet the requirement. :sad2:

The way things go for me.... when the promo points DO show up, they'll probably only give me the 25k like CupcakeKelly. That will mean more delay. :scared:

So others reading this thread, be aware that the time for your points to post may vary depending on ....... well, who knows what????
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I got my the same week that I made the required purchases. And for Valentines Day I just received coupons in the mail for 4 free drinks on any flight. Same for my husbands card, so that is 8 free drinks for beer, wine or cocktails. The points from both cards will fly 6 of us down from NH in Oct 2014 and still have plenty of points left over.

Just called Chase SW Visa. Was told that the promo points (50k) will not show up in my Rapid Rewards account until 6-8 weeks after the date when I met the $2000 spending requirement.
Great! So I guess I'm not going to be like others here where the points are awarded days after the statement closing of the month you meet the requirement. :sad2:

The way things go for me.... when the promo points DO show up, they'll probably only give me the 25k like CupcakeKelly. That will mean more delay. :scared:

So others reading this thread, be aware that the time for your points to post may vary depending on ....... well, who knows what????
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm sorry you haven't gotten your points, but we also called before we got ours and they told us the same thing ( that it would take 6-8 weeks ) so hopefully they're wrong. Maybe yours will show up on your next statement! Wishing you luck, I know its very frustrating! :hug:

I signed up and have been stalking my Southwest account to see when the points would be posted. Finally, I see they posted and they only gave me 25k points for the bonus offer. :confused3 I called up because I signed up during the 50k bonus offer, and they told me they put a request in and I have to wait another 7-10 business days for a decision. I'm using the points to book flights for our May trip, so I've been itching to get it done with!! Hope they come back with good news soon

That sucks! Hope you get all your points! Good Luck! :wizard:

Woo Hoo, I'm happy for you, enjoy your trip to see your son!
I got my the same week that I made the required purchases. And for Valentines Day I just received coupons in the mail for 4 free drinks on any flight. Same for my husbands card, so that is 8 free drinks for beer, wine or cocktails. The points from both cards will fly 6 of us down from NH in Oct 2014 and still have plenty of points left over.

Yay, that's cool that you got free drinks! Have fun!

I'm sorry you haven't gotten your points, but we also called before we got ours and they told us the same thing ( that it would take 6-8 weeks ) so hopefully they're wrong. Maybe yours will show up on your next statement! Wishing you luck, I know its very frustrating! :hug:

Thanks! It is frustrating! Because this is the 1st time EVER that we are flying, I'm feeling nervous as it is about arranging flights. I want to have everything settled as soon as possible, not "dangling'. Hoping you are right and our points show up sooner than later :goodvibes
As of a minute ago, they are still not there.

Thanks! It is frustrating! Because this is the 1st time EVER that we are flying, I'm feeling nervous as it is about arranging flights. I want to have everything settled as soon as possible, not "dangling'. Hoping you are right and our points show up sooner than later :goodvibes
As of a minute ago, they are still not there.

Good luck and please keep us updated on what you find out! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter