Yay or nay on this teacher gift idea

I wouldn't be making homemade cookies or brownies, I thought I was clear in the first post. By seasonal I meant winter themed, as I don't know who is jewish, jehovah, etc. I think I'll go ahead and make some, thanks everyone! Like the cookie cutter idea too

Aw Summer, that sounds like a great idea. I dont know where you plan on shopping but I see some of the posters mentioned christmas tree shops and I see they have one at the new outlet in Deer Park. Thats a hike for me right now but I looked at thier ad on line and someone posted about their friends and family coupon too.

OT - how is your sister? If you ever do the bowling with Santa, you will see that a "special" person close to my heart will probably be Santas best friend etc. Well I am off to Belle Mead for some interesting tests on tues. and then wed. to the hosp. to the wonderful, cough, cough, radiation oncologist. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Blessings to you always.

I have been there and it's great! Everything is so cheap! I'll have to print that coupon and take a ride there.

My sister is PG, sick everyday and she's 17 weeks, hopefully it passes soon! I didn't know they do bowling w/ santa, I will def. check it out!!

Stay strong! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family also :hug:

Sounds like a great idea to me... I may even steal it for my DD's teacher we were just trying to think of something to get her earlier today

OP- Was just at Xmas Tree shop and they have something just like this. It's a very cute cloth bag (similiar in size to a bag you would put a bottle of wine in) and it contains a pot holder and dish towel. Not sure if it had anything else. I know it was less than $10. I'm sure you could add other things to it. I gave one as a gift last year and it was well received.

I'm a special ed teaching assistant and I would love getting a gift like that from one of my families!:)

Here's an idea I got at a "pampered chef" party.

Take measuring cups or spoons - then add a little cookbook or dish towel or whatever and include a note

"Thank you for making a measurable difference in my child's life"

Walgreens often has their pot holders and mits for .99 with their in ad coupon. Keep an eye out.

Maggie

Here's an idea I got at a "pampered chef" party.

Take measuring cups or spoons - then add a little cookbook or dish towel or whatever and include a note

"Thank you for making a measurable difference in my child's life"

Love this!!!

I think that would be great! I am a teacher and my favorite gift that I have gotten in years is a little purple heart that my student sewed all by herself. It has sat on my desk for almost a year now :) Money and gift cards are nice, but I never use them on me... things from the heart are by far the best!! It is always nice to know we are appreciated. Even a Christmas card can make you cry sometimes. :thumbsup2

It's not a "requirement" to give a gift, but they do a lot for my child, so I think it's deserved.

Thank you for that! Teaching is our job, but it is so nice to know that parents appreciate the little extra things we do as well.:goodvibes A "gift" does not have to cost anything, and sometimes a handwritten note or handmade card can mean more than anything!

DS15 has almost all male teachers and a male bus driver. They will be receiving $15 gcs to Walmart. They have been so great with him this year and although teaching teenagers must be stressful, I don't think they hear many words of encouragement.

Marsha

Last year I did something similar. My DH owns a solid-surface countertop company and I had him make up some corian cutting boards.... I paired them with Tastefully Simple dip mix and beer bread mix and made them up all pretty with tulle and ribbon :) They were a big hit :thumbsup2

I teach at a preschool and last year one of my students gave me something similar. It was a small mixing bowl with a spatula, potholder, cookie mix, and sprinkles. They also included a sweet note from the child (written by mom) telling me what a great year she had. It is probably one of the best gifts I've gotten. My kids and I had a great time making and decorating the cookies and I still use the mixing bowl and spatula all the time. I think they'll love it.:)

Last year I did something similar. My DH owns a solid-surface countertop company and I had him make up some corian cutting boards.... I paired them with Tastefully Simple dip mix and beer bread mix and made them up all pretty with tulle and ribbon :) They were a big hit :thumbsup2

What a great gift idea!! Totally stealing this one ;)

As a teacher, anything is appreciated! But I once saw a great, inexpensive gift. Someone squeezed wrapped candy into a whisk, put it in a celophane bag and wrote a note saying, "Whisking you a Merry Christmas." You could even add a $5 Starbucks card inside the bag and make it inexpensive.

OP, my daughter sends her thanks for your "borrowed" idea! :goodvibes

She asked me just this afternoon for any ideas for something she can do for her friends. She just got married last summer and is in pharmacy school (which means little extra money). Several of her friends at school always exchange gifts, and she needed something inexpensive. She said that she saw Christmas themed mits and dishtowels at Dollar General yesterday when she and her husband were gathering things for their Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes.

She's good at dressing up wrapping, so she thinks she can do the gifts pretty cheaply. I suggested to her that she check Wal-Mart or Sam's for mulit-boxed brownie or cookie mixes to make it even cheaper. Thanks again!

OP, I kind of borrowed your idea. :angel:

Joann's has the cutest little gingerbread spatulas on sale right now. The handle is stainless and the plasticy/rubbery part is a brown gingerbread man. I got that (50% off so it was 3.99), a gingerbread man cookie cutter they had for a dollar, a gingham gift bag and am going to buy a gingerbread cookie mix from the store and put them in the bag. I found a cute gingerbread man ornament at the Dollar Tree. I'm going to hang that off the outside and put the rest of the stuff inside the bag. If I can find a gingerbread man dish towel, I'll cushion them with that. If not, I guess I'll just use tissue paper. So without the cookie mix, it was only $7, including the gift bag. Not bad and that spatula is so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter