• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Our FP day is a week from today. So I'm doing some more research, checking TP to see what's available as if this were my week. Availability seems pretty good across the board, which is good news. The only slight issue seems to be HS (what else is new?) I think we decided on MFSR and MMRR, while skipping/standby/same day FP for Slinky (my daughter isn't big on coasters so if we HAD to miss one, this would probably be it). On our last day, we'll need to leave by lunchtime or so to get to the airport. When I check FP times at 60+6 (which is what it would be for us) and above, TP doesn't show any time available for either of these rides before about 10:45 am. And this currently goes up to 5/5, which is 70 days from now. Are they really all booked for the morning hours or are they just not starting FP times until a little bit later? Slinky shows times starting around 9:50 for the same days. Just curious. We can make it work (that FP on departure day is the first one I'm trying for next week) but it seems odd to me.
How are you able to check that?

I've actually talked to my mom about postponing our May 17 trip until later in the year, but she is having none of it. She's 85 years old (one of the reasons I'm worried) and she's afraid to wait "in case something happens" although she's fine right now. I'm really torn, but she wants to go very badly. She will be getting a really good check up before we go though. I hope this thing dies down, not just for me, but for all of us who are worried and stressing about it.

Hello! DH and I are going 5/13-5/16 to BWI!!!
FP day is Saturday and I’m so nervous that I won’t get the times I want - AK is our first day since we need to go to HS the next 2 mornings to try for BG. We arrive very early (before 7am at MCO) and leave late on Saturday (DME picks us up at 5:30pm). So hoping I can get FOP on first and last days and do HS the other mornings with the hopes of afternoon/evening 4th FP for Epcot. Unless I’m just dying for BoG breakfast we will prolly skip MK all together. :(

Take the best time you can get for FOP and then keep on trying to modify (after you get all your other Fps of course). My FP day was last Friday and I'm still modifying 2 rides. I've managed to move 7DMT from a 3pm FP to an 11am FP and I'm still working on Smugglers Run (moved up an hour so far).

Curious if anyone has been able to get MMRR for May fastpasses?
I had no trouble getting one on our FP day last week for exactly the time we wanted, but it was at 60+7, so that made it easier. Shorter trips might make it tougher to get; although it looks like right now there's still evening availability starting at 60+3, so it's still possible unless you're going for < 3 days.

YAY! Add us to the list...
We are going to May 24-30!!! Our group will be celebrating my parents' 50th wedding anniversary...hubby, 5 year old son, my sister, parents, and me. Can't wait!

I have a question though. We are staying at the Wyndham Garden across from Disney Springs. We get the fastpasses 60 days out, but can I do the entire week's stay at the 60 day out? Or do I need to wake up every day for a week to do from that 60? I had to wake up every day for a week for the dining reservations, which here in Vegas was 2:30 a.m.

Anyone think they will change hours for May at any of the parks? Especially HS?

out friends are staying at a Disney ‘friendly’ resort too or whatever they are called and they were able to make all FP at once. I think it was theHilton Lake Buena Vista Palace

Anyone think they will change hours for May at any of the parks? Especially HS?

I would assume the answer is yes, especially for DHS. They've been slowly trickling out extended hours a little bit at at time, but to date, DHS hasn't opened later than 8:00 since ROTR has opened. I think that continues but you never know. Also, it's likely that some of the PM hours get extended at some point as well, probably MK (for example, we're there on 5/5 - the park is scheduled to close at 9:00 but DAH starts at 10:00. Park close should be extended to 10:00 if past precedent is any indication).

random question- is there a forum for people that want something bought in the park?? or a website anyone knows about??? a new set of ears came out i want to get BEFORE my trip so I have them.

random question- is there a forum for people that want something bought in the park?? or a website anyone knows about??? a new set of ears came out i want to get BEFORE my trip so I have them.
You can call Merchandise Guest Services at 877-560-6477. They are really sweet and will look up anything that the park sells, just give them a description and they will see if its available. Also you could try ShopDisney.com also to see if they have it.
I have gotten numerous items from the Guest services number.

Curious if anyone has been able to get MMRR for May fastpasses?
My fastpass day was this morning and i got mine at 60+6 at 1:00pm. That one was hard to get any earlier but if you want SDD or MFSR I could have gotten either of those at 60+1 in the late afternoon.

Take the best time you can get for FOP and then keep on trying to modify (after you get all your other Fps of course). My FP day was last Friday and I'm still modifying 2 rides. I've managed to move 7DMT from a 3pm FP to an 11am FP and I'm still working on Smugglers Run (moved up an hour so far).
So funny, those are the 2 rides I am stalking and trying to move but I just started today. I did get the SDMT from 3 to 12 but really want 11. And i am trying to move my MFSR from 1:30 to 11:30.
Hopefully sometime in the next 2 months I will have success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter