• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yavn Speaks Opinions

It's his way of letting us know that VMK was not supposed to last this long and we should consider ourlselves lucky that it still exists. Basically he says, you don't pay for this service, which was supposed to be gone by now anyways so just stop your complaining.

VMK, like the quest this past weekend, was not supposed to be as successful as they first imagined. Instead of it gathering just a minute bit of interest from the folks that wanted a "virtual Disney park," it became this "cult success." So, they couldn't exactly get rid of it with as much following as it garnered, eh? So, they trudged on, marching as if there wasn't an end in sight.

Yes, I do think that by referring to this phenomena, Yavn is, in effect, making a threat.

Yes, I do think that by referring to this phenomena, Yavn is, in effect, making a threat.

Yavn? Making a threat? :eek:

That's all he's done lately and I think it's pathetic customer service. That's about as low as you can get. :sad2:

Why is it so important for Yavn to mention that VMK was launched as part of a promotion for the 50th celebration?

Ev

Because he wants to make everyone think VMK is going or could have, or almost yadda yadda went away.

Which is a bunch of baloney. Even disney doesnt just give up and a $15 million dollar investment, and now they are releasing VMK themed items such as pins, starting with the pirate pins (which have already outsold every pin pack disney has ever made) and then the "big" pins - you know the copies from VMK.

Trust me, VMK is NOT going away. I feel it is more like "shut up or my job is in trouble!"

I think Yavn has been taking heat too. I also am a Disney stockholder. I used information I have through my investments to also send a letter regarding the crappy way VMK treated the masses regarding this past weekends quest.

I don't expect major changes. I think Yavn may be getting some heat. But I don't expect VMK to go anywhere. If it was to be gone, it would of went away when they closed the VMK Centrals and shut down the in park quests.

Just my opinion!

Pretty bad when we have to decipher the communication we do get. It's almost like politics - ok now we will hear from the opposing side.

Actually not an opposing side but... OK this message took a little better tone
At Disney we work very hard to make VMK a fun and safe environment for Guest of all ages.

With VMK we've always tired to innovate, be creative and do exciting new things. Sometimes those ideas work great, and sometimes we need to keep working on them and prefecting them. But as Walt said, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." And of course, as we always have, we very much appreciate that you are with us on the journey.
We are Disney - we do care we do work hard forr you and want this to be a fun safe magical place. We appreciate you.

VMK or Virtual Magic Kingdom is a FREE online multiplayer game and was launched as part of a promotion for the Disneyland 50th Celebration.
VMK is FREE and was a marketing promotion that has reached its conclusion but continues to be FREE as long as I can continue to povide the above and justify its existance (don't rock the boat to muchor the boat may tip over)

We've built an awesome community, and VMK Players do their part too. Like any game or community, VMK has rules and guidelines that our players MUST follow to visit and play in the Virtual Magic Kingdom.

That said, I thought it would be a good idea to talk briefly about our game rules, the VMK Values.

The rules are very simple. If you follow them, everybody has a lot of fun. If you break them you'll find yourself banned from VMK, which isn't very fun. They're all important, but these are a few I want to focus on today
Incert VMK values
Here is our simple rules - we won't tell you the specifics of how or what broke the rules during the quest or tell you I am specificly refering to VMK Pal but if your Mom would not approve don't do it (they may fall short here with some current parenting skills and computer supervision)

Alright, so now I'm hopping off my soap box and getting back to the game. We've got a Topsy Turvy month ahead, so enjoy it and have fun!
We have a new month, a new theam lets put this behind us and get back to having fun

Remember again, VMK or Virtual Magic Kingdom is a FREE online multiplayer game. VMK was launched as part of a promotion for the Disneyland 50th Celebration. Let's keep VMK a fun and safe place to play!
VMK is FREE and started as part of a promotion that has ended. I have to justify it's existance and it's remaining FREE. It costs us money to run this but we understand you are our current and future customers and this is the future of entertainment, want you to enjoy it, we want it to be a safe fun place for your family. We will try to do better - just don't rock the boat and follow the rules.

I think that interprets the update. To summerize: We are part of the Disney family, it's Free, we are trying to find a new direction. We will try to do better but you need to follow the rules and not make trouble for us. If you want to continue to have fun for Free. Lets get past this and get back to the fun.

Yavn said:
Blah blah blah, VMK Values, blah blah blah, FREE, blah blah blah, Flying Carpet Magic, blah blah blah.

When are we getting the next Newsletter that accuses us of breaking the rules by raising concerns here, buddy?

It sounds like King Yavn is summoning the guard and signing new decrees granting his charges more open reign to ban in order to prevent a peasant uprising.

Help, help, I'm being repressed! Come see the repression inherrent in the system!
(a little monty python humor for those who caught it)

You want a list Yavn? try this one

1. I beat your quest.

2. My friends helped me.

3. All the answers were posted on every forum before I even started.

4. You closed the quest early, Not me!

5. You have been ridiculed on "yavn friendly forums".

6. You are dispised by more players now, than in the entire VMK history.

7. The rules are now being fashioned into weapons to be used against opposition.

OK Yavn now that we have covered the facts, I will give you an opinion:

It is of my opinion that you are running this GAME into the ground.

If you want to make things Fair in VMK and level the playing field, then open the flood gates. That's right.

An Every item is for sale in VMK Month. From inferno to green flips. ALL of it, for sale, at low prices. And double credits for all mini games, every day, all month long. You can take credit for it and call it something like "Player Appreciation Month".

There, I just solved your social class issue in VMK...peace

IMO, you were not with the groups that were totally struggling through this. You can walk through VMK and have ten people say hi too you in one room. So you will always be in a group. Of course you have the better known/ people that know what they are doing in your group. Those people are mostly adults who can help through the day. Not kids who have a few hours a day.
I think that you were not playing with the younger or even less experienced people, thus you did not have to see the horrible parts of this.

Just my opinion... I could be wrong :thumbsup2

taz I can respect everything that has been posted here until this point. You have no idea what I went through last weekend.

I can imagine that aengus, like us, had to deal with hundreds, if not thousands of "help me please" requests, and, like us, did not turn most of them down.

IMO, you were not with the groups that were totally struggling through this. You can walk through VMK and have ten people say hi too you in one room. So you will always be in a group. Of course you have the better known/ people that know what they are doing in your group. Those people are mostly adults who can help through the day. Not kids who have a few hours a day.
I think that you were not playing with the younger or even less experienced people, thus you did not have to see the horrible parts of this.

Just my opinion... I could be wrong :thumbsup2

You couldn't be MORE wrong. I believe you owe Aengus an apology.

To Howze: I don't know where you got your "facts", but I never thought Yavn was despised. Most players would fight to be able to meet Yavn in game or out. He's a brilliant gamer and programmer and deserves a little respect for creating VMK. Yes, people are upset over the big events and this last quest, but I don't think very many despise Yavn personally for those issues.
I think everyone should stop the Yavn bashing and send letters to Disney Internet Group to complain about the event, yes...but also to thank them for the beautiful graphics, for keeping vmk free and for having a safe environment for children to play.

Well I think Yavn did try. It is a start. I do not care about typos I am the typo queen you can find typos missed words etc in everything I write would never ever complain about that.

I never remember them quoting Walt. I still felt I was being told off. But they at least said they try things and some times it does not work.

Flys answer to her magic carpet :goodvibes

I still think they need another Public Relations person trained in dealing with guest concerns etc. Someone that has training in this area Think it would be very helpful. But maybe this is not an option.

Everyone has their gifts Yavn has creates a wonderful game but I still think VMK needs more help in comunications. Like the hosts must have training with kids and take a test to see how patient they are.

I really do not know. maybe we are asking too much really. You can please most of the people half of the time some of the people some of the time and none of the people all of the time :)

I found typos! :rotfl2: sorry belle had too.

I for one saw Aengus on the last morning helping ppl out in the mansion lobby. The quest took a toll on everyone in various ways. Lets not use that as a weapon to attack players that have played the game longer than some and/or have developed better skills in the mini-games.
I am not on his friends list or even the Grand Master's lawyer and I am sure he can defend his actions himself. But I am tired of all the attacks going on over this quest. A few cheated, the masses suffered. We got attacked in the newsletter. I enjoy playing VMK and have written in several comments using "Contact Us" with suggestions in areas of improvements and also complaints. I am not quitting because I did not finish. I also dont think that VMK is closing any time soon. They just realized how big it is as a marketing tool (Inferno in Disney Movie Rewards, Twitches and Hannah Montana quests, POTC Online and ToonTown months).

I agree it's not closing anytime soon.

But the tone in the newsletter is definetly telling us, "it's a free game and TOUGH if you didn't win the quest and get through it!"

I can imagine that aengus, like us, had to deal with hundreds, if not thousands of "help me please" requests, and, like us, did not turn most of them down.

aengus, being the VMK legend that he is;) , probably had more requests for help than many of us did. I can imagine that it was awful for him having to say no to people.

Sorry :(

Was in a bad mood and frustrated with this, your right I could not be more wrong :(

taz I can respect everything that has been posted here until this point. You have no idea what I went through last weekend.

Now that I look at that or did look at it, that turned out the wrong way. I was mainly saying that you would have no troubles finding a group. As in some who spent the whole day finding an empty group.

I hope you accept my apology :guilty:

Sorry :(

Was in a bad mood and frustrated with this, your right I could not be more wrong :(

totally accepted dude, and i knew you didnt really mean it :)

it was a rough week!

Now that I look at that or did look at it, that turned out the wrong way. I was mainly saying that you would have no troubles finding a group. As in some who spent the whole day finding an empty group.

I hope you accept my apology :guilty:

Thank you, Taz. He helped as many kids as he could. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter