Yardsale find - what are these?

dtnrhi

DIS Veteran
Came across these at a yard sale recently. Seller said they were from the 50th anniversary. I can't find anything on them. They look cool. There's a Pirates, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Main Street USA, and a Disneyland sign. Seller was asking $300ish for them, but I don't want to get ripped off. What are they and what's their worth?

AAA_zps5o8xljlx.jpg

AAAAA_zps1sjrvths.jpg

AAAA_zpsqfpvr01p.jpg

Last edited:
These are Disneyland "LAND" shadow boxes by artist Dave Avanzino. He's a Southern California-based artist who collaborates frequently with Disney, is known for his 3D mixed media art, which can be found for sale at the art galleries around DLR (Disneyana, Off the Page, World of Disney).

I believe these particular pieces were released around the last D23, but Dave and Disney have plans to reissue the full set for the 60th. They sell for $125. If the seller is asking $300 for the lot, it's a good deal; but not if it's individually since you can buy them cheaper at retail. Ultimately, worth is subjective since the owner is willing to part with them at whatever price.

Here is a link to Dave Avanzino's Facebook announcement re the reissue of his "LAND" collection:
https://m.facebook.com/158851959048...=top_level_post_id.10153290810439049&__tn__=E

I'll just add Dave Avanzino's work is amazing, and I'm the proud owner of his Holiday Sleeping Beauty Castle shadow box. That piece retails for $895.

Looking at them only as decor and not as an investment, I think they are fairly priced at $300 for the lot (7 items total). They are beautiful and very detailed, which makes them absolutely worth the $43/item. Per item, that's not much more than the cheapo stuff at Joanns or Target.

I love them! I would pay 300 for them in a heartbeat... Even without knowing value. They are very beautiful.

Wow are you lucky! I absolutely would have paid $300 for all 8 pieces in the picture. I would love to have those hanging in my house!

Yeah, I'm jealous! Especially because I'm moving into a new house with lots of blank walls at the moment...just think where I could hang those! :flower:

Wow! I am just glad they are bringing them back for the 60th. I can't afford all of them, but I hope to find 1 or 2 of my favorite lands.

Came across these at a yard sale recently. Seller said they were from the 50th anniversary. I can't find anything on them. They look cool. There's a Pirates, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Main Street USA, and a Disneyland sign. Seller was asking $300ish for them, but I don't want to get ripped off. What are they and what's their worth?

AAA_zps5o8xljlx.jpg

AAAAA_zps1sjrvths.jpg

AAAA_zpsqfpvr01p.jpg
Awesome find, I'm jealous, I would have snapped those up for $300 for the lot in a heart beat, I loved them when they came out but they were out of my price range then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter