• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yard sale tomorrow!

disneylovinfamily

DIS Veteran
Well, I am having my annual yard sale tomorrow which is part of our community one. I usually do really well (worst year was $150) but I am nervous about it this year. I ahve very few big ticket items. ots of clothes which always do well. My living room looks like atornado hit it. There is stuff in every crevice. DD helped me price everything and I sorted all te clothes in boy and girl bins by size, have the change, and signs with prices for clothes and books and such. What am I forgetting? Anything?:confused3 Wish me luck!

I think you are set! We have ours in 2 weeks, and I am hoping for a big year. Last year we saw an increase in adult clothing sales, which don't usually sell very well around here. I truly think the economy has people looking for lower-cost alternatives! It's good for everyone involved. :thumbsup2

LOL, Are you in South Central PA. I love Yardsales and love Fridays!:goodvibes

I love when everything ispriced. Good Luck!

We are also doing our yard sale...good luck!! My house and yard are a mess right now..ha ha

I hear you. Also sitting in a messy house in prepartion for a sale tomorrow. Need to go to sleep, so tired.

Good luck to all!

Mine is a work in progress at the moment but I am about 80% there lol...

If you have everything priced and organized then you should be good to go! Clothes are a hotttttt item this year from what I am seeing...did you remember a calculator? and bags?

I am still in awe of how many pieces of clothing my youngest daughter has ....WOW! Its paining me to sell those itty bitty ones but we could use the money towards their summer wardrobe :)

yay for extra spending money!! lol

Hope you do well, and everyone else too! We should all post stats tomorrow ;)

GOOD LUCK!

Okay - hopefully all turns out. It is 5:47am here, I can't sleep:surfweb:, and I have been up since 4:15 - why? Because we heard thunder and then a SUDDEN MASSIVE DOWNPOUR!! We had everything sitting outside under sheets (we don't really have a garage), as it wasn't supposed to rain. My DH and I frantically run outside to cover stuff up with tarps and paint tarps. I'm hoping that most of the stuff is ok!! Now I can't sleep. Man, I'll need a nap later today....yeah right!! hehe

Good luck again everyone!

So many fellow yardsalers! Good luck to all today! I will let you know how I did.

LOL, Are you in South Central PA. I love Yardsales and love Fridays!:goodvibes

I love when everything ispriced. Good Luck!

Yes, I am in York, yorkana actually. It is our annual community yardsale :) I think most people here wil only be setting up saturday but I always do better on Friday. My favorite time to yrd sale when buying is also fridays. If you stop bym, let me know you are from the DIS. If you don't know, yorkana is right near hellam, we are off 124, mt pisgah rd (which turns into main street) I am one of the last houses in town next to the second church :) How cool would it be to meet a fellow diser at my yard sale! :)

Mine is a work in progress at the moment but I am about 80% there lol...

If you have everything priced and organized then you should be good to go! Clothes are a hotttttt item this year from what I am seeing...did you remember a calculator? and bags?

I am still in awe of how many pieces of clothing my youngest daughter has ....WOW! Its paining me to sell those itty bitty ones but we could use the money towards their summer wardrobe :)

yay for extra spending money!! lol

Hope you do well, and everyone else too! We should all post stats tomorrow ;)

GOOD LUCK!
Great tip about the calculator, I have to go find one. I am so sad to see both my kids stuff go out at the yard sale :( It is soooooo hard to see all the itty bitty stuff, you are right. i have some special things taht I am keeping in a tote for when they have kids. My mom did that and it was to neat to see Roseanna in something that I wore as a baby.

Okay - hopefully all turns out. It is 5:47am here, I can't sleep:surfweb:, and I have been up since 4:15 - why? Because we heard thunder and then a SUDDEN MASSIVE DOWNPOUR!! We had everything sitting outside under sheets (we don't really have a garage), as it wasn't supposed to rain. My DH and I frantically run outside to cover stuff up with tarps and paint tarps. I'm hoping that most of the stuff is ok!! Now I can't sleep. Man, I'll need a nap later today....yeah right!! hehe

Good luck again everyone!

OH NO!!!!!! Good luck, hopefully the rain will hold off for you. No garage here either. One year it rained and shoved everything onto my porch and set upo 2 tents. YUCK! I still sold a good bit though.

We are getting ready for ours in a few weeks. Mostly just putting everything in the garage to organize later! I hope you all do very well. I usually use my little waist pak and put change and ones in it so I never put the $ down anywhere!

We're having ours tomorrow. No big ticket items though. But we have four rubbermaid bins of DS's clothes (6 mth - 4T), toys, kids books. DS and I put our signs up this morning on the way to daycare/work. We put one at each of the entrances to our neighborhood. And I am going to put signs in spanish up at the apartment complex down the street after work (had to get a coworker to translate for me this morning :) ).

My 4 year old son got BACON for Christmas from my MIL!

That sounds like something my grandma would do! lol:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Just closed up to the shop today and brought it all in---sort of died after 11. Well today I made................................................$247.25!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

WOOHOOOOOOO Money for my beach and Disney fund, although hubby is coming home from army school this weekend (1 week left) and said he needs to take some cash back with him. grrrrrr, I don't want him to take any of it but oh well. Can't wait until tomorrow to see what I do. I did better today than I have ever done in 2 days. Friday is always my better day though. Maybe $50 more tomorrow---that would be awesom. I will let you know how it goes

good for you and your extra $$$$ :) It did not look good over here in midland MI today this morning but I am glad I set up because it turned out to be a great day so far...I dont close up shop till 6ish but have already made almost $300!

Anyone have any crooked people today? I had a lady that switched the price of a dora chair to $5 to $1 and the ran off with it and then another just walk off with a baby hat !?! I just do not understand WHY someone has to steal from yard sales but wow...if they need it that bad take it...lol...I am angry but still shocked how some people can be!

sellers beware lol...

Ouch..I am sunburnt too but all the work has been worth it today !!!

Good for your mandy!!!! that is great! I didn't have any of those type of people here today, thank goodness. That sucks, I have no idea why people do that! Do they think you will not realize. Good luck with the rest of your day! Are you setting up tomorrwo too?

we are having ours tomorrow too
DD and I have some clothes and other stuff to sell but I don't know how much traffic we will get since we are in the back of the subdivision
Its supposed to be a gorgeous day so I think that will help
I am hoping to sell at least $50
I haven't had a yard sale in 6 yrs

we are setting up tomorrow too! Hoping that the weather holds as nice as it was today. I finished up at 10 to six and am EXHAUSTED, how about you? Lol I am beat~

I finished at right around $375 but we live off of a rural route highway so..we did very good and I am pleased. DH is in shock (probably still sulking about selling his power ranger toy lol)

eck...soo tired here, Im getting too old for this ;)

we are setting up tomorrow too! Hoping that the weather holds as nice as it was today. I finished up at 10 to six and am EXHAUSTED, how about you? Lol I am beat~

I finished at right around $375 but we live off of a rural route highway so..we did very good and I am pleased. DH is in shock (probably still sulking about selling his power ranger toy lol)

eck...soo tired here, Im getting too old for this ;)

Congrats on your sales...we are doing this coming Fri and Sat (May 1/2) and are hoping for beautiful days so lots of people come out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter