Yard Sale Experts--Help??

kaf7878

Disney Addict!
I'm thinking of having a yard sale on Saturday but have some questions:

1-Do you think I'll get a good turnout still even though its Labor Day weekend?

2-Should I place an ad or just use signs?

3-For higher priced items like crib, baby dresser, changing table am I better off with a seperate ad or do these still go for a high price at yard sales (they are Jenny Lind items)?

I think you should probably wait for another weekend w/ frances looming off-shore. You will probably get at least alot of rain considering how large this storm looks. Also, I don't think you would have a good turnout over a holiday weekend.

I would place an ad and use signs; our paper gives you a "yard sale" kit when you place an ad which has signs, pens, etc to assist you in your sale.

Since you are going to have a yard sale, I would go ahead and put the baby furniture in it (no expense to do so) and see if you can get what you want out of it. If they don't sale then place an add. Again, our paper has a section called "bargain bonanza" where you can place a free ad for any item under $100. They run the ad when they have space availability and you can only advertise one item per ad. You might want to see if your paper offers anything similar.

Another option for the higher priced items would be to see if you could find a consignment store that would sale them for you. We actually have people (moms) in our area that have consignment sales twice per year where you price your own items, tag your own items and then place them in their store (which is a place they have rented for about 2 weeks) and people come out in droves to buy the childrens items. This could be something you and some friends might could do if you have alot of baby items to get rid of and you advertise it to preschools, churches, etc to have other parents place their clothes in the sale then you and your friends operate the "store" and when it is over you have made 1/3 of each selling price and the person who placed the items earns 2/3. I think the women that do this here do VERY WELL!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter