Yankee Candles

You're all welcome!

Ahhhh Macintosh & Autumn Wreath, LOVE THEM! Not so crazy about Pumpkin Pie or Be Thankful. I'm ready to burn Harvest...soooo waiting for Banana Nut Bread to come back the 1st week of October, I plan to buy 6 large jars of that! I also can't wait to burn the swirls - Cinnamon Applesauce (Macintosh Spice and Cinnamon & Sugar) and Pumpkin Patch (Spiced Pumpkin & Harvest). So many candles, so little time!

Black Cherry in the living room, and a Stawberry tart in my awesome new electric tart warmer in the bedroom, love them!!! It still felt too early for the Fall scents...I haven't even pulled out the decorations yet. I need to do that soon...

I just lit a Black Cherry in the living room... yum! Thanks again Tara!:goodvibes

I am burning Orchard Pear in the kitchen and Macintosh Apple in the Family Room!!! Love the apples!

Currently burning Vanilla Frosting. Smells sooo good!!!:)

Are you sure it's Vanilla Frosting? The regular Yankee line doesn't have one by that name - now I'm curious! Vanilla Cupcake...Frosted Pumpkin maybe? Or is ir from Target, Kohls or an outlet?

Got it at Kohls. It's the Simply Home line from YC. That line has some really good scents!!

I usually always buy YC, but every now and then I come across something else that smells good so if it's cheap enough I will try it. This was the case the other day. I was in Kmart and they had soy candles from Hersheys. It was a boxed set that came with 4 small jar candles...Hershey Kisses Choc., Hershey Kisses Choc. w/ Carmel, Hershey Kisses Choc. w/ Cherry Cordial & Hershey Hugs Choc. scents. Oh my goodness, do these ever smell good!! :yay: They smell like you could eat them, just like the real kisses. I love the Choc. ones and really miss the Choc. Martini from YC. :sad1:

Got it at Kohls. It's the Simply Home line from YC. That line has some really good scents!!

I usually always buy YC, but every now and then I come across something else that smells good so if it's cheap enough I will try it. This was the case the other day. I was in Kmart and they had soy candles from Hersheys. It was a boxed set that came with 4 small jar candles...Hershey Kisses Choc., Hershey Kisses Choc. w/ Carmel, Hershey Kisses Choc. w/ Cherry Cordial & Hershey Hugs Choc. scents. Oh my goodness, do these ever smell good!! :yay: They smell like you could eat them, just like the real kisses. I love the Choc. ones and really miss the Choc. Martini from YC. :sad1:

I love the Simply Home YC!

I have some buy one get one free coupons for YC jars, I have to get myself over there at some point to get some new fall candles!

And those Hershey candles sound amazing...I might have to stop at Kmart sometime today to see if they have any! :)

I stocked up last year when YC had their clearance on Christmas gift baskets and haven't burned any until this week and now I'm in love with Pomegranite Cider.

I noticed in Target's ad that they are carrying YC Home Classics. Are these different from getting candles directly from YC (quality wise)?

I'm not exactly sure, maybe Tara or someone who works at YC can answer better, but personally I think they smell just as good as the ones purchased directly from YC. They seem to be different scents than what you can get directly from YC.

I have ben wondering what the difference is between the YC candles sold at the actual store and the ones at TJ Max ? Can anyone enlighten me as to the differences.
Thanks

I never saw any at my TJ Maxx but I'm going to assume they're either seconds or retired scents, because TJ Maxx is not one of our wholesale accounts (like Kohls, Target, etc.) So they're probably a great bargain!

I did go to Target today & stopped to sniff the line there - yum!!! Apples & Pears was great, as was Cinnamon Candies (or Cinnamon Hearts). I was shocked though that they are exactly the same price as regular Yankee Candles. I thought the whole purpose of creating different lines for other stores was to have a different price point? That's what we were told in the store anyway. I did see the Vanilla Frosting one that someone on here mentioned a few days ago!

Hi Tara, I have an expert question for you. What is the rule on burning candles to make them burn the longest and with minimal wax buildup on the sides?

I am burning a large Macintosh Spice today...one of my new fall faves....I am waiting for my spiced pumpkin, that just says Halloween/Thanksgiving to me.

Here are a few burning tips to get the most out of your candle!!

The 1st time you burn a new jar candle it should burn a minimum of 3 hours straight to season the wick.

Keep your wick trimmed to 1/8th of an inch at all times.

Do not move your jar after extinguishing while the wax is liquid. This can move your wick which can cause burn quality issues.

Keep your candle out of drafts - even a draft that isn't felt (from a ceiling fan in another room for example, a vent or exhaust in the room, etc.) can alter your flame, therefore make your wick off-center. This will cause your candle to "tunnel" or leave wax up the sides. If this is happening try moving the candle to another area of the room, or another room alltogether. If it's still happening, take the jar back to Yankee Candle. We have stringent quality standards but a wick can be slightly off center or defective. It happens. We'd be happy to exchange it for another jar for you!

The black "soot" that comes off of your wick is only natural. Pleasant - no, but it's a cotton wick meeting with a flame. It's inevitable - BUT can be kept to a minimum by keeping your wick trimmed at all times, and keeping your candle out of a draft. You can also use an Illumalid - these work INCREDIBLE - they prevent the black soot from escaping your jar as well as keeping your wax burning straight down.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I do I'll post it. I just pulled out a retired one & lit it - Apple Cider - ahhhhhhhhhhh.........

Here are a few burning tips to get the most out of your candle!!

The 1st time you burn a new jar candle it should burn a minimum of 3 hours straight to season the wick.

Keep your wick trimmed to 1/8th of an inch at all times.

Do not move your jar after extinguishing while the wax is liquid. This can move your wick which can cause burn quality issues.

Keep your candle out of drafts - even a draft that isn't felt (from a ceiling fan in another room for example, a vent or exhaust in the room, etc.) can alter your flame, therefore make your wick off-center. This will cause your candle to "tunnel" or leave wax up the sides. If this is happening try moving the candle to another area of the room, or another room alltogether. If it's still happening, take the jar back to Yankee Candle. We have stringent quality standards but a wick can be slightly off center or defective. It happens. We'd be happy to exchange it for another jar for you!

The black "soot" that comes off of your wick is only natural. Pleasant - no, but it's a cotton wick meeting with a flame. It's inevitable - BUT can be kept to a minimum by keeping your wick trimmed at all times, and keeping your candle out of a draft. You can also use an Illumalid - these work INCREDIBLE - they prevent the black soot from escaping your jar as well as keeping your wax burning straight down.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I do I'll post it. I just pulled out a retired one & lit it - Apple Cider - ahhhhhhhhhhh.........

Awesome, thank you! I have one of those Illumalid's and they definately keep the soot down. I am going to try to find a new place besides my stovetop - as I use the vent when I am cooking!

How long do tarts last. Both burning and just in the package.

Thank you so much...I forget to ask the associates in my store.

I have been burning YC for 20 years. We live in New England and my Mom and I used to go to Deerfield after Christmas for the 50% off sale. 50% off everything - the whole month of January. Mom would go down multiple times and buy all her candles for the year.

Each year in October or early November Mom and I take my children to YC in Deerfield to see Santa in his workshop, we eat at Chandler's and just have fun. My DD is asking when we are going this year!

I'm so jealous - I LOVE the flagship store in S Deerfield - and I really love Chandlers!!! I try to go once or twice a year. It's a 5 hour drive from here, but we've already gone up, shopped & came home the same day. Ugh. LONG day! We've also run bus trips from our store. That's a lot of fun too!

I love tarts. However, I wish they lasted longer. Technically a tart has an 8-hour life. I've found some to absolutely die at 8 hours, and some have gone on for days. I have no idea why one scent would last longer than another. Right now I have Almond Cookie in my tart burner & it's been going at least 10 hours, on & off, & is still very strong. As far as their shelf life - I don't know the corporate answer for that. I have some here that are 3+ years old, but honestly I do think they lose their kick after that amount of time. The jar candles, however, last for years as long as they're kept cool & out of direct light.

Did everyone see - tarts & votives are $1 each this week?!?!?

My mom and I will pop the tarts out of the burner (after they have cooled completely) and put them in the freezer. They seem to stay stronger and last atleast for one more burn.

Hmm, my tarts always seem to last forever. I have been using a traditional burner with a small tea light underneath and recently I got an electric burner and I have had it on for well over 12 hours and there's a ton of wax left...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter