• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yak & Yeti? Yay or nay?

Ugh I'm tossing up cancelling our Rainforest ressie for Y&Y. My mom requested Rainforest, but I would rather go for something like Y&Y this time around. And no, RC isn't something we can 'do anytime' as we live in a remote community wayyy up in Northern Manitoba. lol

Ugh I'm tossing up cancelling our Rainforest ressie for Y&Y. My mom requested Rainforest, but I would rather go for something like Y&Y this time around. And no, RC isn't something we can 'do anytime' as we live in a remote community wayyy up in Northern Manitoba. lol

Could you maybe squeeze in RC at DTD, and still do Y&Y at AK? That way you and your mom could both get what you want. If not, I'm sure she'll be ok, and maybe you could try it on your next trip? :goodvibes

The atmosphere and setting at RC is 'unique', but we have one 40 minutes away in Atlantic City. The food is equivalent to Fridays/Applebees, at best.

If going for food alone, Yak and Yeti wins.

RC and Y&Y are owned by the same company. If you can squeeze both in maybe try RC for breakfast on your AK day.

Y&Y is decent...better than most Disney Options IMO

I tried three of the apps and all were good, especially the firecracker shrimp

In addition they have a decent beer selection and it is only $1 more for a 22oz draft over a 16.

We already have a TH adr for breakfast, and I'm trying to get RC at DTD for later that evening (as that was our plan to go there after AK anyways) but nothing available. I could also do TH breakfast, Y&Y lunch or dinner, and I found a RC the previous day and we could split the day with AK/MK in the evening (we have 2.5 MK days already, aside from this day so I'd be ok park hopping). Oh the decisions. lol

Op, if you're a Costco member, buy a McCormick & Schmick's gift card online. They are $80 for a $100 gift card. You can use them at RC, TRex, and Yak and Yeti, since they're all owned by Landry's. You can also get a Wolfgang Puck gift card for the same price. I bought 2 M&S and 1 WP. $240 for $300 worth of gift cards help "even the score" because the prices are so high in WDW.

We already have a TH adr for breakfast, and I'm trying to get RC at DTD for later that evening (as that was our plan to go there after AK anyways) but nothing available. I could also do TH breakfast, Y&Y lunch or dinner, and I found a RC the previous day and we could split the day with AK/MK in the evening (we have 2.5 MK days already, aside from this day so I'd be ok park hopping). Oh the decisions. lol

Call RC at DTD directly to secure a reservation. They keep more for that method than they make available through Disney...

Call RC at DTD directly to secure a reservation. They keep more for that method than they make available through Disney...

Ok I might do that! There is another scenario, that I don't like thinking about, but my mom will be undergoing radiation before our trip and we still aren't sure if she is going to be able to travel. So if she ends up not joining us, I'm going to cancel RC altogether and keep Y&Y for sure. :)

I have wanted to eat at Yak & Yeti on many recent trips, but my husband is not a fan of almost all Asian food, so we have never been. Sigh. Go and enjoy! :)

I have wanted to eat at Yak & Yeti on many recent trips, but my husband is not a fan of almost all Asian food, so we have never been. Sigh. Go and enjoy! :)

They have burgers too. Tell him it's a burger joint with some Asian food, or if he knows better, tell him to take one for the team!! :rotfl:

Thai Chili Wings for an app, Kobe beef burger for an entree and a cheesecake for dessert. Boom, back to American with an asian twist to the wings :thumbsup2

Y&Y is always our AK meal. Food is very good, as is the Safari Amber Ale!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter