Yak & Yeti or Wolfgang Pucks TS on AK day

lady_hlh

DIS Veteran
On our AK day I was thinking of either trying Yak and Yeti TS for lunch before riding Kali River Rapids or going to DTD later and eating at Wolfgang Pucks TS on the West Side. We've never eaten at Yak and Yeti before and I've read mixed reviews of it. I think it would be nice to get out of the heat at AK but my 12 year old DD isn't thrilled by the idea of going to a chinese restaurant at WDW. We have eaten at Wolfgang Pucks years ago but when I looked on the WDW website it looks to me like they moved the less expensive TS upstairs and the signature dining downstairs plus they took the pumpkin ravoili off the menu which was to die for. Any opinions from anyone who has been to these places recently on which one was better? I know we could also do lunch at Tusker House but I have 2 character meals booked already for myself, DH, 12 year old DD and her BFF.

I haven't been to WP other than the counter service. But, as far as Y & Y, I think the counter service there is a far better value than the dining room.

We really like Yak & Yeti. I was not impressed by the quick service side of this place. We much prefer the table service at Y&Y.

We also like WP, but the last time we had lunch there I felt a little ill afterwards. We've had several nice dinners there, I enjoy their pasta dishes and pizzas. I also like the macaroni and cheese and pizza from their quick service.

Lately we have favored Y&Y at AK and Raglan Road at DTD, we haven't been back to WP Cafe in a while. Although DH probably prefers WP, he likes it more than I do.

If it were us, we'd probably stay in AK to eat. DTD has been so crowded lately. It's really impossible by car, the parking lots are so full during peak times.

If your daughter doesn't like Asian cuisine perhaps find some photos of the menu items and see if anything looks good to her after looking through them.
My favorites from Y&Y are the wok fried green beans, the Ahi Tuna Salad, and cream cheese won ton dessert. DH loves their crispy mahi mahi entree. It's worth going there just for that.

The Ahi Tuna Salad does sound really good and I've been dying to try those dessert wontons. I was also thinking about Raglan Road, we went there once years ago and weren't impressed but tween girls might enjoy it if there are musicians and dancers on a Saturday night. I heard about the construction at DTD so I guess we'll be better off using the WDW buses, the last couple years we've been driving and using our car to go over to DTD but that sounds like a bad idea this year.

We really like the Yak and Yeti TS. We find the food quality to be similar to the chain PF Chang's. If you like that, you'll most likely find something on the Yak and Yeti menu that you would enjoy.

I haven't eatten at WP. When I look at their menu there are not enough options that I would eat.

We have done both, but we never never never miss Y&Y. We Love the Skirt steak and shrimp, and both the Won ton dessert and mango pie. It is the perfect meal.

YakSkirtSteakShrimp.jpg

YakWonTon.jpg

YakMangoPie.jpg

Those cream cheese wontons do look so yummy. I've been trying to add new restaurants to this trip instead of just the same old favorites. I'm sure my DD could find something to eat, she gets sesame chicken off the buffet line at the local grocery store. I think my DD and DH just don't want to try anything new. Last year I gave in to there demands and cancelled all the new places that I had booked but I think this year that I should just surprise them :) Also I love the food at WPE at DTD plus I won't need an ADR so we won't be tied to a schedule for that meal.

Haven't eaten at WP table service, but love the quick service food.

Ate at Yak & Yeti for the first time in February, and thought it was great! We got lettuce wraps and pot stickers for appetizers (both excellent!), and honey chicken for the entree (very good). I also had a "Yak Attack," which is a frozen mango daiquiri (yummy!). We were too full for dessert. I definitely recommend Yak and Yeti!

If we're going to AK, which we don't always do every trip, then we go to Yak and Yeti. Those dessert wontons are incredible, as are the ribs!!!!!

QS at Yak & Yeti was very good last year when we went! Tasted just as good as sitting table service but not nearly as expensive. I love AK but Raglan Road at DTD is such a great overall experience I would do lunch at Yak & Yeti and dinner at Raglan Road. Check out their outdoor bar and live music!

Yak and Yeti, hands down.
We love having lunch there. Their seafood curry is awesome. DD loves the ribs. And we've had great fish dishes as well. It's on our must-do list each time now.

Y&Y TS is a must do for us at every visit!!! The Kobe burger is AMAZING! It is a nice break in the middle of day too to sit and relax in the A/C! My DS loves the salmon there, but the rest of us are hooked on the burger!

Yak & Yeti is our favorite TS in AK and we try to go there every trip. Our favorites are the Anandapur Duck and the Baby Back Ribs.

I haven't eaten at WP yet, but my last trip I made the decision to try Y&Y TS and let me tell you it was a really good choice. My boyfriend and I really liked the food there. Where we were seated felt a bit cramped, but other than that, I definitely will be making future stops for the food there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter