Yak & Yeti Counter Service

fallen_angel727

Here you leave today and enter the world of yester
We unfortunately had do downgrade from our Deluxe Plan to the regular DDp, while we still kept some of the reservations my much anticipated Yak and Yeti TS didn't make the cut :sad:

How is the counter service variant? I was very much looking forward to the table service meal so is the food on par? Is it as good? Any insight??

QS is yummy! but it's not the same as TS. More or less typical Chinese food, lo meins, rice, egg rolls, et .

Can't get the dessert egg rolls with QS.

I can't offer a comparison, but we have always enjoyed the counter service at Yak & Yeti. Food is nice and hot and good.

I had the beef and noodles there and it was delicious..I could not believe that it would be that good...and I had so much beef and even without a knife the meat was easy to eat and pull apart...plenty of flavor...would not hesitate to get this again:thumbsup2

I find the CS as good as the TS here just different offerings. Though the beef lomein is amazing and almost identical to the TS. Egg rolls are tasty too and I get the fried rice for whole lunch somedays when it is hot.

We loved it. It is pretty basic "Americanized" Chinese restaurant food, but as that is a very familiar and loved thing for our kids, it is a great choice...and a nice upgrade to the typical quick service options.

The food is pretty good. But the seating area is crazy hot. It is in a little courtyard between a wall and the building and there is a not a breeze to be found. Just a heads up about that.

I have been to both on separate trips. I had Honey Chicken and I loved it, but it was just the same at the TS. DH enjoyed the TS but has said he's more than happy to go to the quick service on the next trip.

A little off subject....but I was wondering if you are able to use Landry's gift cards to pay at the QS locations. I know that they accept Landry's gift cards at the TS but have never tries the QS????

I was also pleasantly suprised how good the QS was. We shared 3 meals between 4, and liked it so much, dh was sent back for another meal! If the limited menu sounds OK to you, then I think you'll enjoy it. PP is right about the seating though....

Sencybil x

I like their QS, but I love their TS.
I'd rethink your ADRs and reintroduce Y&Y to your TS list.

The food is good. The seating is intense if you're there in the summer. There's not a lot of shade.

I can't offer a comparison with the TS location, but we always go to the QS location for lunch when we're in AK. We were pleasantly surprised the first time we tried it, and the food has been consistently good. The beef lo mein is our favorite.

We love the QS, but the two can't be compared to each other. The TS is also excellent!! I think we are skipping the TS and only doing QS on our next trip too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter