Yak 'n Yeti Accepting Reservations?

LukenDC

DIS Veteran
When does the new Yak 'n Yeti table service restaurant open in AK? Are they accepting reservations yet?

When I walked by that area on Sunday, there is just a wall up. The wall has posters up about coming soon...Yak and Yetti

This is news to me! What type of restaurant is it? Melissa

Uh-oh. If it opens before the end of June then I may need to reschedule a TS of mine... Right now, we have just 2 CS meals planned at AK. I wonder if anyone has tried calling for an ADR?

I called on Sunday. The CM didn't know what I was talking about, but looked under the list of AK food places (included CS, carts etc.) and it didn't come up. Sigh. I guess that we'll all have to play the waiting game.

I wonder what kind of food they'll serve. We're not very fond of the restaurants at AK. You've roused my curiousity!

I found this on WDW magic.
Landry's has acquired the majority interest in Schussler Creative's new Asian themed eatery (which is expected to open by summer 2007) inside Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. This Asian-themed restaurant with retail is reminiscent of the western Himalayan foothills in India and Nepal, featuring a rural village called Anandapur in a jungle with a tiny town-like mass at its center. Asia will offer full service table dining, as well as quick service food. This Asian-Fusion concept will feature Asian decor, complete with Asian antiques, as well as a retail component that will offer Asian goods ranging from Sushi plates to chopsticks and fine teapots.

Are they seriously calling this restaurant "YAK & Yetti" I don't think I could bring myself to eat at a place with the word yak in the name. :sick:

I found this on WDW magic.
Landry's has acquired the majority interest in Schussler Creative's new Asian themed eatery (which is expected to open by summer 2007) inside Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. This Asian-themed restaurant with retail is reminiscent of the western Himalayan foothills in India and Nepal, featuring a rural village called Anandapur in a jungle with a tiny town-like mass at its center. Asia will offer full service table dining, as well as quick service food. This Asian-Fusion concept will feature Asian decor, complete with Asian antiques, as well as a retail component that will offer Asian goods ranging from Sushi plates to chopsticks and fine teapots.

This sounds interesting. I can't wait to see a menu. Maybe I will hold an ADR open for our trip in Dec. It might be a fun to try! Melissa

I also just might have to change an ADR. I hope it is opened by September!

Are they seriously calling this restaurant "YAK & Yetti" I don't think I could bring myself to eat at a place with the word yak in the name. :sick:

I was a travel agent for over 10 years and one of my good customers would travel to Nepal on business, the hotel he stayed at (true story!) was called the Yak and Yeti. :goodvibes

I haven't heard this name in years :) very cool

This was in the old days, we had to book by telex machine.

This place sounds like it is going to be so cool! My guys will love it! I hope that it will be open in July!!!

I found this description on allearsnet.com today. It says that the name will be "Ying and Yak"

"Coming Summer 2007 - Ying and Yak, an Asian themed restaurant will debut in the Village of Anandapur in Animal Kingdom's Asia in Summer 2007. It will offer both table and counter service dining options, as well as house retail space with Asian-inspired merchandise, such as sushi plates and fine teapots. The restaurant will be operated by the Rainforest Cafe's Landry's Restaurants."

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ak/ak_ee.htm

On the walls surrounding the future site, the posters says Yak and Yeti coming soon. But who knows, maybe that's just up to entertain us. (I'll have to look at it closer next time, and get pics. Maybe it did say Ying and Yak. It had a pic of the yeti on it, if I remember correctly.) The wall goes from part of Kali river and extends around the area where the monkeys were.

Very interesting as the same site, All Ears, has this picture posted and yet states Ying and Yak in a different page.

YakYeti.jpg

I still wonder if it will be on the DDP? I'm guessing since it's owned by the same people as the rainforest that it won't be - anyone have any ideas?

I once ate at a Tibetan restaurant, not in Tibet but in Bloomington, IN. (It's a college town and had/has a variety of interesting ethnic restaurants.) The food was unsurprisingly a combination of Chinese and Indian influences. But that's good!

Just passed the sign and construction area today. It definitely said Yak 'n Yeti....the above picture is the same one I took.

While I am excited to dine there....there goes the nice DDE discount at the counter service AK restaurants!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter