Yak and Yeti -- Super YUMMY UMMY!

ShannonMB

DIS Veteran
We walked in and had an early lunch last week at Yak and Yeti. We didn't have ADRs, but gave it a try. The hostess told me that they are actually a Landry's restaurant (I had no idea), so they save a lot of walk-up space.

Anyway, I LOVED the food there. I got the babyback ribs with hoisin BBQ sauce. They are up there on the list of the best ribs I have ever had. VERY meaty, not fatty, and fork-tender. Sooo good. The fried rice was just okay, but those ribs!

My mom had the skirt steak and tempura shrimp -- also a really good dish. DD had fried rice and fries :confused3

For dessert, I had the cream cheese wontons with pineapple (thanks to hearing about them here), and OMG was it good. I went on record saying this was one of the best desserts I have ever had, too!

My only regret was that we didn't order the wok-fried green beans I have also heard a lot about here. But we had dinner at Boma in 6 1/2 hours, so, you know. Next time, for sure, as this is a must-do restaurant for our next trip.

Anyone else LOVE this place, or was it just a good day?

So glad you enjoyed. It was our second favorite meal of our trip this past September.

We are planning to try it for the first time this summer. I hope our experience is as great as yours, sounds delicious! :thumbsup2

I actually just cancelled our ADR for May, after reading so many bad reviews. There just didn't seem like enough veg options for me and my boyfriend. Plus my boyfriend is a pretty picky eater, and I didn't want him to end up eating plain stir-fried veggies and rice. But I'm glad you had such a good meal! Maybe the menu will change a little by the next time we go :)

We loved the Yak & Yeti, but I'd suggest not going there just after riding the Kali River Rapids. We were soaked, and the air conditioning in the restaurant made us very cold. :eek:

We ate there in January with no ADR's either, got right in. Everything we had was delicious, ribs were the best! Most of us had the cream cheese won tons too, wowee, so good. We all loved it.

We loved the Yak & Yeti, but I'd suggest not going there just after riding the Kali River Rapids. We were soaked, and the air conditioning in the restaurant made us very cold. :eek:

AHHHH we did the exact same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: We ended up taking our food togo and eating it outside...the steak and shrimp and the wontons were AMAZING. I think I'm going to DAK just for Yak and Yeti this trip.

I say the same thing! We also had the ribs and steak and shrimp and LOVED IT!

I'm sooooo looking forward to eating at Yak & Yeti in less than **two weeks**! I absolutely can't wait to get the pineapple and cream cheese wontons for dessert! Thanks for your review!! :yay:

did you eat there lunch or Dinner? Sounds like lunch?

We went for lunch, but it's the same menu for both. ;)

I heard it was like getting chinese food back home. Is it really worth the trip and price?

I love getting chinese food at home, too, but this was very special, IMO. We were on the DP, so it was 100% worth the 1TS credit. I would pay OOP as well, because I've paid the same price OOP at Disney restaurants before, with much worse results. JMO, of course!

I'm sooooo looking forward to eating at Yak & Yeti in less than **two weeks**! I absolutely can't wait to get the pineapple and cream cheese wontons for dessert! Thanks for your review!!

The only bad thing I can say about this dessert is that I have wanted it about 6 times since we came home, and no way to get it. I have found yet another reason to head to Disney as often as possible!! :rotfl: I hope you love it just as much! Have a GREAT vacation!!!

THIS HAS GOT TO BE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE DISNEY RESTAURANT!!!:goodvibes

We liked it too and had no problem getting in, just walked right up and were seated. The food was very good!

We ate lunch here last September, we were not expecting much after reading the mixed reviews. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised and thought Y & Y was pretty good. We had egg rolls and potstickers for our apps, crispy honey chicken and tempura shrimp for our meals and enjoyed it all.

The best was the Cream Cheese and Pineapple Wonton dessert though - we're going back for these this year :woohoo:

I did think the prices were a bit high, but we were on DxDDP, don't know if I'd do this one OOP. I also agree with the previous posters on the air conditioning being set to "stun" - it was hot out there, but after 5 minutes at our table our teeth were chattering!

I for one am super excited to eat here. I was really sad when I had to pass it up when I was there last weekend. I went with a group and no one wanted to go.

We had lunch there last year and it was outstanding. Our entire family enjoyed it and we'll be back there in June. I had the "pho" and it was very, very good.

i have really enjoyed yak and yeti every trip, but the last time was the greatest every!... i had the ribs and ate every bite. the egg rolls are the best i have ever had and the wonton desert is just as good as everyone else says.::yes::

i can not wait to go back but will wait until close to time to leave the park so i can take the extra ribs back to the resort with me. i could not bare to leave them and was painfully overstuffed. i will ride ee and the river rapids first so that i won't lose my take home ribs.:woohoo:

Nevermind, I just found it in the search results a little farther down. I love the new search!

Acc'd the this it is yes.

Sorry, to jump in sort of off topic, but related...

I read you can use the Landry's gift cards here. Does anyone know if you can also use them at the related counter service area?

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter